Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIs 180% density tooo much hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
NehemiahsMom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is 180% density tooo much hair?
    Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 6:14pm
Hello ladies, I have been lurking on this board for sometime now, and have finally got up the courage to purchase a unit. All of you ladies have beautiful applications and beautiful units. I hope this question hasn't been asked because I would hate to be repetitive, but what is your opinion on 180% density. I love FULL hair, but i am wondering if 180% is toooooo much hair? I was trying to find a picture of a lfw with 180% density, but I cant seem to find one. Oh yeah let me note that I am planning on a indian remy in a curly  or body wave texture!!! Please help!!!! Thanks
Sponsored Links

jessabella View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 6:41pm
I think 180% is too much hair. I love big hair..I think 150 would be good..but 100% is the MAXIMUM for the hairline..and even then I think is too thick.
I like my units about 80-90% hairline and gradual to about 135-150 for the rest of the hair!
AstroEngineer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 6:43pm
If you actually receive 180% density, it might be a bit on the thick side. It depends on your preference though.

But in my experience, what keeps happening is I order 150% density and receive regular density but charged a higher price...
TruAxiom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 6:43pm
DANG! Shocked  That's Hella Thick! And this is coming from someone that is known for loving big hair and has been called Diana/Chaka Khan on the reg... LoL!

I under stand you wanting thick full wigs that mimic the thickness of your natural hair. I am the same way. However, I try to stick to 130% to 150%. It also depends on the type of hair, texture you are getting as well as how full. For instance, when placing an order for an afro kinky curly, I requested 130%. If I wanted body wave in indian remy, I may request 130%-150%. Meechie posted recently on her kinky curly that I believe was around 150% and was beautiful.

All  in all, I think it's a good idea to ask the vendor for sample pics of their densities in order to make a good decision. HTH Smile
TruAxiom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by AstroEngineer AstroEngineer wrote:

If you actually receive 180% density, it might be a bit on the thick side. It depends on your preference though.

But in my experience, what keeps happening is I order 150% density and receive regular density but charged a higher price...

^^ Is that the case for custom or stock units?
NehemiahsMom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 7:01pm
thank you for responding ladies!!!
@Jessabella, i was going to go with 80 or a 100% density for the hairline, so i guess i have that part right.
@astroengineer  I was going to go with 150%, but my thought was I rather order 180% and have to thin it out some if it was too much, then order 150% and it not be enough
@TruAxiom LOL I am the diana ross/ chaka khan of my family also.
I think you ladies have convinced me to try 150% for the first one. I really really apperciate all the advice.
THANKS
TruAxiom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 7:51pm
You're welcome. Smile
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 7:52pm
you will look like a drag queen...100% density...you want it to look as natural as possible
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by NehemiahsMom NehemiahsMom wrote:

Hello ladies, I have been lurking on this board for sometime now, and have finally got up the courage to purchase a unit. All of you ladies have beautiful applications and beautiful units. I hope this question hasn't been asked because I would hate to be repetitive, but what is your opinion on 180% density. I love FULL hair, but i am wondering if 180% is toooooo much hair? I was trying to find a picture of a lfw with 180% density, but I cant seem to find one. Oh yeah let me note that I am planning on a indian remy in a curly  or body wave texture!!! Please help!!!! Thanks
You can get 180 density by ordering a custom wig. Your hair will look like Wendy Williams but it can be done Smile 

1 more day and I will be off to the Panama Canal on my cruiseSmile
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2009 at 1:38am
I think 180% will be way over the top. Way over the top.

My units are light to medium density and still I spend a lot of time thinning them around the front near my face.

These units can be incredible to handle in terms of density so they will not mimic the density of your own hair ... they appear much thicker so then it looks like a wig for sure.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic