Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Iron on patch + lace closure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:12am
Sponsored Links

Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:21am
Okay I did it and I LOVE IT. It isn't bulky at all and the parts aren't as shiny as you would think they would be. My only issue is with the closure it's self and that's because it's so dense. If I try and make my own part it isn't as clear and clean as the part that came it it. It would definitely need a small amount of tweezing. If you're wondering about the roots and why they are brown it's because I bleached my knots and the roots of the closure on purpose then I went and dyed the lace and roots with rit dye. I was thinking that it should all blend because it's all the same color. I accidentally dyed it too dark but for some reason I love it.

Edited by Alisha - Jan 16 2014 at 8:22am
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:24am
Originally posted by MochaBarbieDoll MochaBarbieDoll wrote:

Why don't you use a silicone sheet that is beige colored? That way you get scalp color and can hide the grids of the lace

where can I buy some? I'd like to try that out as well.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:38am
The silicone sheets don't last long. Especially if you oil your own scalp. Mine falls off all the time. Good job OP I might have to give this a try.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Alisha Alisha wrote:

Originally posted by MochaBarbieDoll MochaBarbieDoll wrote:

Why don't you use a silicone sheet that is beige colored? That way you get scalp color and can hide the grids of the lace

where can I buy some? I'd like to try that out as well.
You can buy it from CVS or Walgreens.
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:51am
Ok. I will have to go out and find some and experiment with that next. And thanks. And I'm not sure how long this will stay put it's supposed to be waterproof and all that so well see. And I'm not big on oils in my hair. Never have been doesn't seem to do much for my hair
antish82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antish82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 7:36pm
You girls are so creative!
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 7:40pm
i tried this method a few yrs ago and after a couple of washes the adhesive wore off so i ended up having to sew it on anyway.
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:01pm
I've never done this method, but I've used proflex tape all around the perimeter to adhere the closure and it works great.
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by solena solena wrote:

i tried this method a few yrs ago and after a couple of washes the adhesive wore off so i ended up having to sew it on anyway.

did it alter your closure in any way? Was there residue etc?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic