Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iron on patch + lace closure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by Alisha Alisha wrote:

Pic looks good, but is that thing breathable?

I can imagine that it is to some degree. Probably more after the adhesive backing melts once it's actually ironed on. [/QUOTE]

Hmm...well, okay.
Let us know how it goes.
Truly never thought of that.
I am still recovering from my "turtle" incident in Florida last year.
I want to find a good way to wear a closure. But mine has to be behind the hair line.
What about you? Do you plan on putting yours behind your hairline? If so, will you start the patch a few centimeters back so as not to have a line of demarcation from the patch?[/QUOTE]

well just to be safe I just researched a bit on twill iron on patches and I found this: 

"Twill material is a light weight textile weave with diagonally patterned ribs that gives the fabric more strength and durability. The diagonal ribs give the fabric its durability by making it heavy enough to be resistant to tears and wrinkles and at the same time twill material is light, water resistant and breathable. Twill is therefore ideal for making curtains handbags upholstery and clothing"

And yes I do plan on leaving a small amount without the iron on because I plan on gluing it down. I'm used to using adhesives because I usually wear lace wigs.

Sponsored Links

ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 6:21pm
Sounds interesting.
I would wonder how it would behave should it come apart.
I also wonder how the adhesive might change the root hair of your closure.
Let us know how it works out Alisha.
I've been itching to do something new, but not trying to look like Lt Worf.

Edited by ragincajin - Jan 14 2014 at 6:21pm
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 6:24pm
I will definitely be back. I'll try it on a small piece of lace first. My biggest fear is melting the lace some how. But I'm adventurous so I'll be experimenting a lot with weaves and closures till i find something i like. It only took me 9 years to get my lace wig applications right lol
ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Alisha Alisha wrote:

I will definitely be back. I'll try it on a small piece of lace first. My biggest fear is melting the lace some how. But I'm adventurous so I'll be experimenting a lot with weaves and closures till i find something i like. It only took me 9 years to get my lace wig applications right lol

Girl good luck! We'll be waiting...
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 7:18pm
Thanks
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 10:15pm
Alisha-
Cool experiment! I see that the closure was pretty inexpensive (so no huge loss) but I want to remind that an iron on patch has a function of patching a hole or an area of wear. It is supposed to substitute for missing material or material whose integrity is compromised--as well as be strong enough to keep the remaining surrounding area in tact. All this to say that, while described as lightweight, it might be very, very stiff. You may have blending issues and/or an overly stiff non-flexible "scalp" that is difficult to place, keep flat and makes nourishing your hair underneath a real challenge.

Edited by cocopuffs - Jan 14 2014 at 10:17pm
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 10:28pm
I know. I thought about all that while I was picking out a patch at the store. I don't think I'll have too much issues but only time and trying it out will tell. The patch it's self is very thin almost as thin as the lace (maybe I should of took a pic) it light and seems to be flexible. But that could change as soon as heat hits it. I did decide though to only cover the inside and not the edges because I'm not sure how well a needle would go through once it's been adhered to the lace. On YouTube the girls who sew the patch on had no issues going through it and even said they had no issues with install even though it looked more bulky then what I intend. They stated that the closure still behaved like a lace closure. But I don't really believe that.

Edited by Alisha - Jan 14 2014 at 10:29pm
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 7:31pm
Why don't you use a silicone sheet that is beige colored? That way you get scalp color and can hide the grids of the lace
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:10am
URL=http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/lishajanaemakeup/media/20140116_085947_zps27f73457.jpg.html][/URL]

Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:12am
URL=http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/lishajanaemakeup/media/20140116_085952_zpsdab12d91.jpg.html][/URL]

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic