Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Irish Senator goes OFF on Israel, US and the West
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Senator goes OFF on Israel, US and the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

i only voted for obama because he is black, he still is black so he has met my expectations. and he did that whole obamacare thing.

midwestern messiah won

Hilarious.  

He was the better option, lesser evil imo..Aw well.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

There isn't a person on here who wasn't in they feelings when Barack Obama was elected, myself included. It didn't have to be my country for my heart to swell with pride. The whole world was impressed.

But there came a point where you simply couldn't ignore his deficiencies any more, yet most posters would whoop your ass, drag you on the floor by the hair and whoop your ass some more for even suggesting that he needed to step up. You can't treat a politician like a deity.

agreed Jolie. I was also proud and feeling a type of way but at the same time (as I said then) we need not forget that the POTUS is a politician first and foremost. I remember feeling deep pride and elation when he won.

That said I don't believe you get the rank of President because you are honest acted in the best interests of your people. I think we wanted him to be different. I mean he's "black" so he gotta be different right? We were thinking and praying please don't be like these white pres who don't do nuffin' for black folks. And now...people's hearts are breaking because they're seeing ...really seeing that he's a politician. And I think it also hurts "us" because "we're" feeling played. I still can't say nuffin' about Obama to the black folks in my circle. I still defend him to white folks tho. It's the principalities.

Pres. Obama is very charismatic and his wife is very charming. They seem down to earth. I think that's also what "tricked" us. I'm not trying to "drag" him because of this thread. What i'm saying now is the same thing I've said years ago.

As far as Midwest n'nem. I think folks also responded harshly to Midwest in regards to this was because to speak ill of Pres. Obama at the time was reading like you wanted him to fail. That you wanted him to fucc us just so years later...you can gloat and say "I told u so."

Sorry for all the words n'sh*t. My thoughts are all over. Because honestly...in my heart of hearts I was hoping he'd be different also.
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 12:53pm
What are y'all really expecting from the president of the US I don't get it! I guess because I'm Jamaican and the politicians there are beyond corrupt so I know what's up but...Obama can't do anything without jumping through 5 million hoops anyway eh meh who cares
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:07pm
For me it's much less about receiving kudos for always calling Obama out bc it's much more about learning from our mistakes and learning how to read the red flags

We don't have to blindly support someone because they look good, they're articulate and they "represent us well". Ok, well what about are they actually for us?

Obama distancing himself from the pastor that he choose to have a long-term relationship with... a pastor that was accused of hate speech when really he was speaking the damn truth about America... that was a huge red flag. I'm sure Obama thought he couldn't win the election with Pastor Wright by his side because he couldn't win the (racist) white vote.

What self-respecting Black person (politician or not) would want the vote of racist yt folks??? Confused
For me it really foreshadowed how he would also buck and bow to the pressure of the racist, conservative right whenever they scream foul... and he has for the most part

Edited by Alias_Avi - Aug 09 2014 at 1:07pm
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:18pm
*Ron Paul and that was me

jr.

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Is that the same guy who liked Paul Rand? Yeaaaaa.... no
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

i only voted for obama because he is black, he still is black so he has met my expectations. and he did that whole obamacare thing.

midwestern messiah won

Hilarious.  

He was the better option, lesser evil imo..Aw well.

lol this was brought up in one of obama aint shiet midwestern threads

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

Usually when you vote, you're going to be voting for the lesser of two evils.  So with that said, do you think you would be happy if McCain was in office?

yes

Where do you think we'd be right now if McCain was in office.

the world would still exist

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

What are y'all really expecting from the president of the US I don't get it! I guess because I'm Jamaican and the politicians there are beyond corrupt so I know what's up but...Obama can't do anything without jumping through 5 million hoops anyway eh meh who cares

blink blink blink blink blink blink blink blink blink blink

IF we look to any of the major first world countries and their politicians we see much more corruption and chicanery throughtout their history/on a daily/weekly/monthly basis than out here. Miss me with that one. and all those corruption index, hr violations, human trafficking, murder capital of the world, most homophobic place etc etc etc. The folks (that hail from said countries) doing the watching and crunching the numbers and writing the reports can have several seats!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style