Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Ion Color Brilliance Brights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
TRENDIIVERSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 1:58pm
You are always so helpful Big smile
It does fade out to a nice pinkish color! I'm going to get more when my new hair arrives. And actually, I had the Sky Blue not the Aqua. The Sky Blue faded to a teal-ish color on my extensions, which defeated my purpose of getting Sky Blue. I chose it over the Aqua b/c I though the Aqua would be too "greenish" lol. I'll post pics of my next experience. I'm going to do Brown-Red-Pink-Blonde tipped "Ombre" Confused Hopefully my lil vision will come to life.
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 6:36pm
They just put out 3 new shades this week . Azure, Lavender and Rose. Looks like they've just started stocking this collection because there was only one of every color and no swatches for the new shades.  

Edited by RedSoxtober - Mar 20 2013 at 10:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by TRENDIIVERSE TRENDIIVERSE wrote:

You are always so helpful Big smile
It does fade out to a nice pinkish color! I'm going to get more when my new hair arrives. And actually, I had the Sky Blue not the Aqua. The Sky Blue faded to a teal-ish color on my extensions, which defeated my purpose of getting Sky Blue. I chose it over the Aqua b/c I though the Aqua would be too "greenish" lol. I'll post pics of my next experience. I'm going to do Brown-Red-Pink-Blonde tipped "Ombre" Confused Hopefully my lil vision will come to life.
 Embarrassed
Sky Blue is like a primary blue, it'll cause hair with any yellow tones to have greenish tones. Ion recommends that you hair needs to be pre-lightened to a level 10 lighest blonde (it's possible to use this on hair levels 7-9 as long as they're neutral based blonde) but they left out the fact that it needs to be toned with a violet toner/drabber or shampoo/condtioner to neutralize the yellow tones before coloring. I'm gonna try experimenting with Sky Blue and Purple to get a nice dark blue kinda like Special Effects in Blue Velvet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 3:30am
Here's someone that pre-lightened to to recommened Level 7 (could be a level 6) for Purple but wound up with brown hair. From the looks of it, the purple haircolor neutralized the copper/gold tones bringing it to brown. Im assuming that this is a secondary violet. If anyone is using this shade straight on, I suggest using a blue lightener (7th Stage, Quick Blue) to get those orange/copper gold tones out. This shade seems to work on people who have more of a level 7/8 neutral medium light blonde 

Edited by RedSoxtober - Mar 21 2013 at 3:47am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 9:39am

Makes perfect sense! I didn't even consider that smh. Thanks :) I think I am going to give that Rose a try. Please post pics of your new project Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by TRENDIIVERSE TRENDIIVERSE wrote:

Makes perfect sense! I didn't even consider that smh. Thanks :) I think I am going to give that Rose a try. Please post pics of your new project Big smile

I just picked up a tube of Purple and a tube of Red.  Hopefully I'll have some free time today/tonight to work on mixing Sky Blue and Pruple to get the shade I want. I'll try to post some watches of those. I also need to do another soap cap to get this last bit of black dye out before I can pre-lighten. The goal is to get a nice kinda dark blue and maybe some red sections as well...or vise vera depending on my pre-lightenng results.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 4:36pm

Here's a few quick swatches Of Sky Blue, Purple and Red alone and mixed in 1:1 ratios. The ONLY occasion that red and blue haircolor can make violet is if they're both primary shades. If it were a blue green and red orange mixed they neutralize and you'd wind up with brown.

Edited by RedSoxtober - Mar 22 2013 at 4:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 12:26am
Here's my review on Ion Brights in Sky Blue and Purple.

I mixed 2oz of Purple and 1.75oz of Sky Blue to get a Midnight Blue. The consistancy of Purple was on the dry side, making it difficult to squeeze out of the tube. Even after I mixed Sky Blue in, it took some elbow grease to get everything mixed...wound up having to add about 1oz of condtioner and about 1/2oz of water to get the color to spread. It didn't help much and it wasn't enough to cover my thick APL 3c hair. I applied with a tint brush on dry hair then put on a plastic cap, wrapped a towel over that and let it color soak in for about 3-4 hours. This stuff smells like dish soap even after co-rinsing, and flat ironing it still smells like it. The color came out exactly how I wanted it in some spots. A nice dark blue (just like Clairol Torrids in Ravenous Blue!!! YAY!)and the rest are shades of green, teal, some auburn and some a very dark black blue green shade...Kind of like peackcock plumage. Needed hubby to help identify every shade in sunlightLOL. Now to wait an see how this color fades out. I'm expecting shades of grey, green and lilac like a the sky just before a thunderstorm.

So far Sky Blue and Purple have good color payoff. If Purple comes out of the tube looking like a rasin paste, just add a few drops of warm water and stir it to give it some life. I still have another tube of Red to try out as well as an extra tube of Sky Blue. Upon my next time coloring, I'll be mixing Sky Blue with Adore African Violet instead to get better coverage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 3:10am
I washed my hair twice since coloring and my hair is fading out in various shades of green-blue (still lots of yellow tones left in my hair)...not idea what happened to Purple. Time to start fading this color out using Vitamin C and baking soda treatments plus, lots of strengthening and conditioning treatments. Unhappy

Edited by RedSoxtober - Mar 31 2013 at 3:26am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 10:48am
Their dye is extremely thick. Thanks for sharing :) I thought I wanted to try Rose, but it's a bit too pale for my liking.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>