FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Ion Color Brilliance Brights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ion Color Brilliance Brights
    Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 2:22am
They're Buy 2 Get 1 FREE at Sally's this month. Has anyone here tried these yet? These are supposedly like a cheaper alternative to Pravana Chroma Silk Vivids.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 2:48am
Here's the pre-lightening level chart for each shade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 6:50pm
I just picked up Sky Blue for FREE as part of the special Ion is having this month. I'll try to post a bunch of info, comparisons to other haircolor brands and photos.
TRENDIIVERSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 10:13am

I tried the Red && Aqua and I loved them both. This brand is my favorite for Red.

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 2:30pm
If only such interesting brands existed in uk. They look lush and yes please post about your experiences and comparisons.

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Mar 18 2013 at 2:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 5:57pm
The directions are in English, Spanish and French, not tested on animals, formulated in Italy and made in Mexico. The tube is 2.05oz and has lines on the side to mark 1/4,1/2, and 3/4 of a tube much like all pro creme haircolor.

Ingredients- Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Propelyne Glycol, Ceteareth-50, Lauryl Alcohol, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Myristyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, HC Blue No. 15, Lialool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Lactic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

WARNINGS- "DO NOT USE WITH PEROXIDE" (developer). I love how they made sure to put this on the box, but not on the tube of color itselfLOL.

"This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16."   I have a feeling some SALLLY's might be carding people for this.

"Temporary "black henna tattoos" may increase your risk of allergy. Do not color your hair IF you have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp, you have ever experienced any reaction after coloring your hair, you experienced any reaction to a temporary "black henna tattoo" in the past."
There's no such thing as black henna; they're actually talking about PPD found in henna based dyes like Bigen, Paon, Black Rose and a lot of box dyes in dark shades...black contains the most PPD. Real tattoos can cause sensitivity and allergic realtion to hair dye so a patch test is highly recommended. The henna skin art (not tatoos) allergie come form people sing the Henna based PPD hair dye on the skin and there's numerous cases of severe reactions, swelling and scarring....not fun.

Usage tips. Squeeze the tube starting form the end into a tint bowl, stir and apply with a tint brush to DRY hair that as been pre lightened. Apply a plastic cap and process with heat for better saturationa nd results.

Edited by RedSoxtober - Mar 18 2013 at 6:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 6:10pm
This is a side by side comparision of my favorite Jerome Russell Punky Colour (or Directions) in Atlantic Blue swatches are dabbed on white tissue to show the undertones. They're just about the same shade except Ion's Sky Blue is more of a Primary Blue wheras Punky Colour has a very slight green tint. Ion is a thick creamy (which I prefer and love)color just like Punky Color/Directions so a little should go a long way. Ion also has a dish soap type scent to it....like Dawn...it's weird.

PS These photos were taken with a cellphone camera and no flash.

Edited by RedSoxtober - Mar 18 2013 at 6:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

If only such interesting brands existed in uk. They look lush and yes please post about your experiences and comparisons.
La Riche's Directions is a UK based hair dye brand. Their colors come in jars and the dye itself is very thick and last a while...most of the shades are th exact same as Jerome Russell Punky Colour. Here's a link to their website. http://www.lariche.co.uk/directions-hair-colour
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2013 at 5:44am
Thanks bab. Appreciate the info you have given.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 5:04am
Originally posted by TRENDIIVERSE TRENDIIVERSE wrote:

I tried the Red && Aqua and I loved them both. This brand is my favorite for Red.

I want to try Red because it had so many good reviews of lasting a long time and being a cool toned red that fades out pink. I'm hoping to find a replacement for a shade called RED RED that faded out the same way.  Purple is another shade I'd like to try because of the bad reviews it got for "turning hair grey" and "turning hair brown/black"...and the good reviews for it being a nice deep violet shade.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic