Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Invited to the Wedding But Not the Reception

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 8:57am
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Lol.

Destination wedding would be perf ..

Because not everyone is coming

This...I've always wanted a small destination wedding. For some reason the idea of walking down the aisle with a bunch of people watching me scares the shyt out of me so I'll pass. Plus huge weddings seems like huge headaches. It's one of the things my ex and I could not see eye to eye on. His parents wanted a huge Nigerian style wedding with like 400 people that I wouldn't even know and I'm thinking 25-50 people tops in Vegas or Greece.

I remember reading your posts about that.  I was like ain't no way in hell that's going to work. 

Btw, 400 people at a wedding isn't even considered large for Nigerians.  I've been to a 2,000-person wedding.
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:00am
Preach It uppitty. People fly in from everywhere...talking about I heard so and so is getting married let me go get my outfit. I invited my American friends and they talked about my wedding for months.
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:14am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Preach It uppitty. People fly in from everywhere...talking about I heard so and so is getting married let me go get my outfit. I invited my American friends and they talked about my wedding for months.

LOL.  I can't wait for mine!  Will probably pm you with questions when planning starts.  Still scheduling my introduction ceremony for now.  Parents are making it super formal.  That's when we'll pick the wedding dates when they officially meet each other.
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:17am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

Lol.

Destination wedding would be perf ..

Because not everyone is coming

This...I've always wanted a small destination wedding. For some reason the idea of walking down the aisle with a bunch of people watching me scares the shyt out of me so I'll pass. Plus huge weddings seems like huge headaches. It's one of the things my ex and I could not see eye to eye on. His parents wanted a huge Nigerian style wedding with like 400 people that I wouldn't even know and I'm thinking 25-50 people tops in Vegas or Greece.

I remember reading your posts about that.  I was like ain't no way in hell that's going to work. 

Btw, 400 people at a wedding isn't even considered large for Nigerians.  I've been to a 2,000-person wedding.

Yeah nah I'll pass. My current boo and I are on the same page now so it's all good.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:50am
Lol..

2000?

That's a rally .. Fucck calling that a wedding
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 11:15am
i already want a divorce
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 11:23am

i already want a divorce

You'll be just fine.
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 11:24am
I remember being invited to the wedding and not the reception after I had kicked in for a wedding present with a co-worker (the bride was also a co-worker, not really a friend).  When the bride found out I kicked in for the present, I was suddenly invited to the wedding, but initially, not to the reception.  When the co-worker asked why I wasn't invited to the reception, I received a call inviting me to the reception.  Considering the wedding AND the reception were in the same place, I thought it would look tacky for me to jump up and leave after "you may kiss the bride".

We are no longer on speaking terms.
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 11:40am
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

I remember being invited to the wedding and not the reception after I had kicked in for a wedding present with a co-worker (the bride was also a co-worker, not really a friend).  When the bride found out I kicked in for the present, I was suddenly invited to the wedding, but initially, not to the reception.  When the co-worker asked why I wasn't invited to the reception, I received a call inviting me to the reception.  Considering the wedding AND the reception were in the same place, I thought it would look tacky for me to jump up and leave after "you may kiss the bride".

We are no longer on speaking terms.

Good because I don't like this person!!! We had a damn FAMILY MEMBER who pulled the "Invited to the wedding and not reception" bull. This was 6 years ago and everyone is still angry.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 12:01pm
I went to a wedding like that. I was invited to both the wedding and the reception. They had 2 sets of invites. One invited you to the wedding and didn't mention the reception and the other said that you are formally invited to stay after the ceremony for a reception. It was on some VIP type mentality. I thought it was a little tacky but I got to eat so.....

The reception was boring though. The bride was so stiff. Her hubby sung a song that he wrote for her and she just stood there like a deer caught in headlights. She is just an uptight person though. I wanted to partay!! But it was just a sit down dinner with soft gospel music playing in the background.
Thumbs Down
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>