Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIntroductions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Summerelli Summerelli wrote:

I tried doing a search as suggested and I keep getting this;
Error Search Error
No Search Results Found

Your search failed to find any results

Click here to amend your search 

Please advise or link me to where I can find some information. Thank you in advance.

It's strange . . . search works better for me when I'm NOT signed in.  Log out and try your search again.  If all else fails you can use google advanced search and input the website as blackhairmedia.com.
Sponsored Links

Summerelli View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 2:01pm
Thank you LacyGal
browngirl86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 3:39pm
Hi I'm Renese and I am a 24 year old student who is married with no kids. I've been wearing lfs for about 6 months now and I'm truly addicted to them. I got into lfs because I moved from Georgia to Delaware and I didn't have anyone to do my hair up here and I really didn't even want to try b/c I have very thick 4B hair and it is 100% natural so I knew I would have to start doing it myself. First of all it would take me at least 12 hours to wash and press my hair so lfs allow me to give my hair a break and not have to do it every 2 weeks although I make sure to take care of my hair underneath the wigs.

I only apply my lfs using the bobby pin method b/c I dont like the way the adhesives feel. I would also like to graduate to full lace wigs. I've been a lurker for about 1 year now and I have learned so much here but I still have a lot more to learn.
msinonge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 2:25am
Hi, my name is Inonge (pronounced eee-non-gey). My hair journey started on June 3rd 2010. That was the day I put on my first lace front and that was also the day I started taking care of my own hair.

I had worn braids and weaves and relaxers for 15 years without EVER taking a break. If I wanted to change a hairstyle, I would take out the old extentions and have new ones put in the same day. I moisturized or deep conditioned when I remembered.My hairline suffered horribly as a result.

This past summer I stumbled upon lace wigs on YT and have been hooked ever sinceLOL. I started with synthetic freetress lfw so i could practice my apps. I used a BMB and supertape combo When i was ready to jump in with both feet, I ordered my first flw( Indian remy bodywave 18", I named her Sarafina) from Rex on September 21, 2010 and I havent looked back. This forum has taught me alot about flw and also how to take care of my own hair. Its been almost 5 months since I put extentions on my hair and my own hair... for the first time since i can remember.... is thicker and fuller, my hairline is back. I want to see if i can go a whole 12 months without relaxing, weaving or braiding..while wearing lace wigs... and while taking really good care of my own hair.

Thanks so much to the ladies on this forum for sharing the wealth of info about lws. Thanks to you, I am not dependent on the one (bootleg) black hairdresser who lives in my small town in northern Canada where the population is only 20,000 with only about 500 black people. she charged me a flat rate of $200 CAD to braid or weave and I went to her every month. She didnt always do it right but I had to put up and shut up or else I would be stuck doing my own hair cause she has the monopoly in this town..... I cant even do a cornrow and so I endured.

Since I started wearing lw, I havent called her once cause I do my own hair, so saved about $1000 Smile. Granted my apps need a bit of practice (especially the back) but with time... I can only get better.
I have learnt about bleaching knots, faux bleaching knots, bleach baths, fabric dye, hair dye, silicon mix, glues, tapes... glue&tape combos, CV vs AV..... you name it..I learnt it all here.

Waiting for 2 more flw to come in the mail from orderwigsonline.com so that I can start a rotation.   

PrettyPrissy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 10:15am
Hello EVERYONE!!

So I guess its suiting to do an introduction since I came on this board in a huff lol. My name is Capri, I am originally from California but residing in Kentucky at the moment. After hours of research to try to find a local vendor, no one has full lace wigs and the one lady that does is charging 400 for 10 inches of indian remy *GIRL BYEEEE* .. I am actually brainstorming buying in bulk from CV and begin sellin them here to get the ladies up on game.

My natural hair is veryyyy very full and a mix between a  kinky curly and only god knows. When I was a little girl I ended up getting a perm because at the time my grandmother could not take all of this thick, coarse hair!!! I have decided to try a flw after countless synthetic lacefronts and my first indian remy one from misswigs.com . Wigs are a better option for me because my hair is so hard to manage.. sew ins were a thought but I hate to have to take that out and plus maintaining the hair outside of the braids *blending hair* is not my idea of a fun time. FLW will last long and it really is a good investment considering you would have to pay for the hair and install for a sew in and it wont last nearly as long. 

I am really excited about receiving my first flw from forgirlslikeus.com * FGLU * and learning proper application technique. Thank you all for sharing your wealth of knowledge!
OhhBella View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 12:45pm
Hello everyone!
I'm Bella newbie to this forum! 
About Teena (my hair).
She is big bodacious & natural!

I have chosen lace wings as a protective style because I am just not good with hair at all. I love that I can have brown hair one day & red hair the next! I love variety! & switching it up is a must because Teena & I do not like to commit to any style for a long period of time(even a week LOL).
 I'm actually fairly new to front lace wigs but they are god send! I like the shorter bob types because they get less tangled & are easier to manage. With short wigs, less is more! But anyway I'm hoping to achieve BSL hair by March of 2015. 
I'm BC'd in February (for the 2nd time) & now my hair is SL! My hair grows super fast as long as I don't mess around with it too much.

I would love any of the senior members to guide me through the wonderful world of LW! 

Weee! Big smile

Edited by OhhBella - Aug 14 2013 at 12:46pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic