Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

insurance scam, that's what you get, or awww?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 8:31pm
that watch could pay my tuition and a newer car. this thread just made me feel poe.
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:40am
uh...Confused

Shocking twist in Texas 'she-cave' heist as disappointed burglar contacts local paper to complain that $1M in jewels and designer goods stolen from a socialite are FAKE

• Houston Press was contacted by the alleged burglar saying that Theresa Roemer's stolen valuables were actually worthless
  • The newspaper received a package containing 10-15 items from socialite's collection, including a locket allegedly containing her dead son's hair
  • Mrs Roemer was contacted last week by the burglar, who demanded $500,000 for her items - and for the thief's silence about their true value
  • Authorities say what appears to be a professional thief spent 40 minutes removing items from Theresa Roemer's massive closet August 2
  • Surveillance footage recorded a small man dressed entirely in white and wearing gloves in the house
  • Roemer and her husband were away from home at dinner only 90 minutes

The dramatic heist of nearly $1million in designer bags, jewelry and furs from the 3,000-square-foot closet of a suburban Houston socialite has taken a strange media twist possibly involving a failed ransom plot.

A person claiming to be the housebreaker sent several of the stolen items to a weekly newspaper, claiming that they were fake and therefore worthless.

The valuables were stolen August 2 from a closet in the palatial home of Theresa Roemer, who uses the room dubbed in the media the ‘she-cave’ for charity fundraisers.

Scroll down for videos

Ransom plot: The bracelet and watch were among some 10-15 valuables stolen earlier this month from the home of Theresa Roemer arrived in the offices of a Houston paper after the socialite had refused to pay $500,000 to buy back her possession from the burglar
Ransom plot: The bracelet and watch were among some 10-15 valuables stolen earlier this month from the home of Theresa Roemer arrived in the offices of a Houston paper after the socialite had refused to pay $500,000 to buy back her possession from the burglar

Personal memento: The loot included this silver heart-shaped locket with a lock of light-brown hair inside belonging to Roemer's deceased sonPersonal memento: The loot included this silver heart-shaped locket with a lock of light-brown hair inside belonging to Roemers deceased son

Shakedown: The burglar allegedly asked Roemer to pay him $500,000 to stop him from revealing to the media that her valuables were worthless, but the former Miss Texas refused

The alleged burglar also spoke to a reporter with the Houston Press through a voice modulator, making it difficult to tell whether the person is a man or a woman.

The suspect called from a disposable cell phone with a New York City area code and claimed he or she was not in Texas. 

Craig Malisow, the Houston Press reporter, said he first talked to the suspect Tuesday and later received a large brown envelope covered with stamps filled with about 10 to 15 items of jewelry and a man's watch.

The loot also included a silver heart-shaped locket with a lock of light-brown hair inside. Ms Roemer had previously told the press that the burglar got away with a necklace containing a strand of hair belonging to her 19-year-old son, Michael, who was killed in a car crash in 2006.  

‘It was kind of odd,’ Malisow said, of his conversations with the purported burglar. ‘It sounded like he felt like he was wronged - because when he went to go fence this stuff, he was allegedly told this was fake ... it kind of felt like he was the victim here.’

According to the Houston Press, the burglar had requested more than $500,000 from Roemer to return the stolen items and not tell reporters that they were allegedly cheap knockoffs.

Police have released security camera footage showing the thief who robbed former Mrs. Texas United America of nearly $1 million in jewelry, bags, and valuables from her luxurious 'she cave'

Surveillance footage recorded a small man dressed entirely in white and wearing gloves in the house, taking four trips to move all the goods outside

‘The deal never went through. I'm following through with my threat,’ the alleged thief said on the call recorded by the paper.

Roemer confirmed to the Houston Chronicle the suspected burglar contacted her August 6, demanding half a million dollars.

‘He tried to hold me ransom for my stuff,’ she said.

At first Roemer thought she was the target of a cruel joke, so as a test she asked the called to send her a photo of her $80,000 raw emerald and diamond ring resting on the front page of the day’s newspaper.

Houston Press reporter Craig Malisow spoke to the suspected thief, who called from a disposable cell phone and used a voice modulator
+14

Houston Press reporter Craig Malisow spoke to the suspected thief, who called from a disposable cell phone and used a voice modulator

The alleged thief complied with her request, which left the woman ‘freaked out.’ 

Roemer and authorities believe recent TV and magazine publicity about her three-story dream storeroom filled with treasures attracted the burglar to her mansion in The Woodlands.

In surveillance video of the burglary, an intruder, wearing a jump suit and a hoodie, broke in through a bathroom window. The video shows he made four trips over 40 minutes, filling designer Luggage with loot.

Roemer said she believed that because of the media's coverage, the burglar was unable to pawn the items.

‘He never anticipated my [burglary] going viral - but because the closet went viral, the burglary went viral,’ she said.

The glamorous socialite disputed the burglar’s claim that her possessions were fake, but conceded that not all the items in her collection ‘is a million-dollar design.’

‘It's like any person's closet. You mix and match. In my closet, I have a Donna Karan dress next to one from the Gap,’ Roemer told the Chronicle.

Over the last week Roemer received ‘numerous’ calls from the alleged burglar.

‘This person is just bound and determined to just keep bothering me,’ the blonde former Miss Texas said.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office investigators have retrieved the items sent to the newspaper.

‘We're trying to identify whoever sent these items in,’ said sheriff's office Lt. Brady Fitzgerald.

Theresa Roemer said she and her husband were only gone 90 minutes for dinner at a country club just two blocks away, but came home to broken glass and empty shelves. The robbery bears all the markings of being perpetrated by a professional thief.

In the video footage, released last Tuesday by police, the burglar is seen wearing a light-colored, hooded jump suit with a baseball cap which helps him blend into the background as he expertly picks through items in Roemer's astonishing three-story, 3,000-square-foot closet.

Deputies have determined that the intruder forced his way into the Roemers' home through a bathroom window.

Surveillance footage recorded a small man dressed entirely in white and wearing gloves in the house, taking four trips to move all the goods outside.

The burglary occurred between 7pm and 11pm on a Friday and the suspect spent almost an hour inside, carrying items back outside.

Police have released the video in an attempt to generate leads about the theft, which happened less than two weeks after Roemer's closet had been featured on Good Morning America.

Roemer told the Houston Chronicle that the video was shot with an infrared camera, because the intruder worked in the dark and never turned on the light.

'That's why it is so unclear and we can't tell the exact color of his clothing,' she said.

Roemer has admitted that she and her husband failed to turn on their home's security system before heading out to dinner on August 2. She also didn't lock the glass door to her prized 'she-cave'.

'I don't think anybody can go through life without doing something careless when they're flustered and hurried before leaving,' she told the Chronicle.

'But now I lock all my doors and have lights on, inside and out. The alarm is set, and I'm having more lights and cameras installed.'

'They took everything,' Roemer said. 'They took all my jewelry, all my watch collections, my husband’s watch collections, my Birkin collection. They literally walked out with between $800,000 and a million dollars’ worth of stuff.'

The most expensive items taken included 10 Rolex watches, up to a dozen Chanel watches, Cartier watches, and other expensive baubles and accessories. 

'I feel violated… raped,' she said. 'To watch someone on film take everything out of your house that means much to you – it’s just wrong.'

She may have been targeted due to the recent media attention on her 3,000sq ft closet, called her 'she-cave.'

Theresa Roemer, a former Miss Texas United America, enlisted designer Thom Anderson to add the luxurious three-story space to her Woodlands, Texas, home, which houses her handbags, shoes and other accoutrements. It cost roughly $500,000 to build.

'It started years ago when I had a closet party and all the girls came over and they said, "I just wish it was bigger,"' she told the Houston Chronicle, adding: 'Since then it's just been getting bigger and bigger and bigger, it's like a ''she cave.''

'The third floor houses all my furs and big hats, you come down the spiral staircase to the second floor which is where I get my hair and make up done, it also houses all the shoes from Louis Vuitton and Gucci, to my tennis and work out gear,' she said.

'Then you come down a floating staircase, which is just magical, and the first floor is where you pick out your jewelry and bags,' she continued, noting that it typically takes her 45 minutes to get ready.

In fact, the closet even features a champagne bar - perfect for hosting events to benefit charitable causes.

'Yes, it’s full of amazing things,' Mrs Roemer she had told Houston’s KHOU, 'but this closet was built and intended for fundraising.'

Roemer has used the hot-ticket space to raise money for causes such as the American Heart Foundation and Texas Children's Hospital.

But it also serves the style needs of those close to Mrs Roemer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726952/Shocking-twist-Texas-cave-heist-disappointed-burglar-contacts-local-paper-complain-1M-jewels-designer-goods-stolen-socialite-FAKE.html

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:42am
i can't embed, but the news report and surveillance footage is here: http://abc13.com/news/big-twist-in-heist-of-massive-woodlands-closet/264056/
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 1:16am
white tears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>N.E.X.T.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 1:58am
lmao @ the thief feeling like a victim. I'm laughing so hard over here
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 5:32am
wonders sixth sense was on point

K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 8:16am
Man..I'm crying..hilarious.  And the stuff is fake? LOL  Not sure why the article mentions that she's blonde..who cares?
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 8:35am
why build all that just to fill it up with fake sh*t ? why have so much fake sh*t
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 8:49am
when you look like you have money, white people buy into it
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wonders sixth sense was on point

LOL I know.  This is like a plot to a 90's crime caper.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic