Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Installing Closure Using Elastic Band Method

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
patience.hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patience.hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing Closure Using Elastic Band Method
    Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 1:32pm
OK, I've ordered and received my [Name Removed by Request of Vendor] medium luster hair and I've also ordered my wavy closure from SilkBaseClosures.com.  I plan on making an appt with my weavologist once the closure arrives (suppose to ship out today) however I am scared to death.  I've watched many YT videos on how to sew the elastic band to the closure and such but now I'm reading that this method can cause serious headaches.  So I just need a few clarifications from you guys...the experts:

How well does the elastic band method work if you like to wash your hair frequently (once a week or every other week)?
Does the elastic band irritate the scalp?
Does the elastic band cause damage to the natural hair?
Should a weave net be incorporated with the elastic band method when doing the full sew in...not a wig...but a full sew in?
Is it better to leave the parimeter out with the elastic band method or should no hair be left out at all?
What is the best braid pattern to use with when using the elastic band method with a closure?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions here but I've spent a lot of money in my attempt to get a flawless weave. 

I just want to ensure I have good information that I can share with my weavologist...just in case she gets a little confused because once she's done...I'll have to deal with the outcome of the style for a while. 

Please help.

Lady P
Sponsored Links

Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 6:10am
LOL the method causes headaches if you did not measure out enough elastic! 

How well does the elastic band method work if you like to wash your hair frequently (once a week or every other week)?
I wash every four days and can get about 5 weeks without having to reajust my closure by restiching it

Does the elastic band irritate the scalp?
No, but may irritate your forhead if the band is too tight

Does the elastic band cause damage to the natural hair?
Not that i have noticed, maybe to edges as thats where mine sits but i have noticed anything at all

Should a weave net be incorporated with the elastic band method when doing the full sew in...not a wig...but a full sew in?
i would not do that, sounds like a recipe for smelly scalp, especially in the front under the closure

Is it better to leave the parimeter out with the elastic band method or should no hair be left out at all?
What is the best braid pattern to use with when using the elastic band method with a closure?

Depends on what looks most natural for you, i have no parameter 
The braid pattern i use is all back, so i get a flat laying closure and a fuller, no lump install

Please Post pictures of your hair when its done!!!
patience.hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patience.hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:28am
Thanks for your reply...Good infoSmile I will post pics once my install is done.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic