Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

install lace wig behind hairline?

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: install lace wig behind hairline?
    Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 1:49pm
I just received my SW033 from best lace wigs it is a beauty!!!

thing is, i got a widows peak and my edges near the ear are pretty thick and not in a straight hairline...

I'm using tape ... so u think it's possible to have A LITTLE bit of my hairline out and put the wig cap behind the hairline and install with tape? What should I do? :(
Sponsored Links

DreamWeaver202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreamWeaver202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 11:44am
I'm not an expert but I think tape would be a bit tricky and may cause damage at the hairline - I have a wig installed behind the hairline now and i just use a dab of got2b glued gel in the part area and if I'm going to be around a lot of people I add some of the freeze spray and it works really well for me.

Edited by DreamWeaver202 - Aug 15 2013 at 11:44am
fashion22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 12:02pm
How long does that trick last?
fashion22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by DreamWeaver202 DreamWeaver202 wrote:

I'm not an expert but I think tape would be a bit tricky and may cause damage at the hairline - I have a wig installed behind the hairline now and i just use a dab of got2b glued gel in the part area and if I'm going to be around a lot of people I add some of the freeze spray and it works really well for me.

How long does that trick last?
DreamWeaver202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreamWeaver202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 12:04pm
If you do the gel and the spray I've heard 4-6 days as long you dont sweat but I dont sleep in my wig so Ive never tested that theory - it def lasts all day for me though.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 9:10pm
I think that it's too risky to use any tape behind the hairline.  Try the Tootsie's Mom {TM) method or Got2Be method.

You can also do a BHM search for tips on the TM method.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 9:28pm
This method works.
mariabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:24am
bobby pins work great to hold in place the small ones that have extra grip are the best dont care for the regular sized ones at all. if your hairs short a strong spray works good to blend but I use dilktop not sure about a wigcap farther back ig it would work or maybe attaching a small peice of the fabric to the part area
kitkatkitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitkatkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 9:29pm
I used to wear my wig without glue, behind the hairline. I made sure to get a wig that was very snug fitting, or I would modify it to fit me. Then I would attach combs to the wig and use a little bit of Got2b gel where the lace met my skin in the part.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:26pm
Hi, I don't wear a wig, but I do wear tape in extensions. I just wanted to note that tape on the hair itself is not really damaging if you remove it carefully. I use Goo Gone to remove (with a little pinch of acetone). Tape is quite gentle actually. Don't be afraid to try it. I have grown my hair out with tape in extensions.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic