BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Instagram Hair Stylist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 21>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
apple_sauce View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apple_sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 2:43pm

Edited by apple_sauce - Jun 01 2013 at 2:44pm
Sponsored Links

apple_sauce View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apple_sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

The truth of my post wasn't mean to disrespect you Amanda.
It is what it is.
After I visited you (and the lovely Adeline, your beautiful and lovely children and even your nice nanny) I gave up on closures and went back to braids.
I figured if you didn't do it right, after all of those great pics on your Fotki, then no one could.
I was only told recently by a stylist that closures have to be placed right. And for my head, it should have been done differently. It is hard to arm-chair-quarterback that play that went so wrong with you, but I just wish it would have worked out.
You being the stellar hairdresser that I thought you to be from your Fotki, I would have thought you would have told me that from the git go.
Anyway, you really didn't cut the band on my net and while I appreciated that you didn't cut my wefts, you didn't do a good job with the foldover. Thanks for the advice on how to remedy a brand new install with too much hair. But seriously, people don't usually have to "fix" a good install the same day they get it. Too bad you didn't place my closure behind my hairline.
Maybe you had too many people to do that day. I dunno but that was my experience with you.
Like I said, you were real nice and all, but you didn't do me right at all and I wasted my money on your services.
Warn people about placement before you take their money and send them away looking like a member of the Addams Family.
And yes, I know stylists don't post their hatchet jobs. I noticed you didn't ask to take a pic of meWink
Glad you finally got your shop off the ground.
Continued good luck to you
Geek
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 3:25pm
Chicago???? I've looked at the suggestions and styleseat but need more. Please and thanks.

On the verge of taking weave matters into my own hands.
feelblessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feelblessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by softkitty softkitty wrote:

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but is a stylist working in a salon a thing of the past? There seems to be many great stylist working from their home, but I may be in the minority when I say I'm not comfortable with that.

It is against the law to work as a stylist in the home unless they have permission from Licensing which is only by special circumstances. Most people who are doing this are not paying taxes that is why it is so cheap. If IRS CATCH wind they will be in trouble.
Doing hair requires a
Cosmetology Liscense
A business liscense by the city u are doing Business in
Insurance to cover damage
An establishment that have been approved by state Licensing and you will have to display Liscense as proof if not 1500 fine!

feelblessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote feelblessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 4:43pm
A Licensed Stylist in a salon charge is a lot different than a kitchen stylist.
Stylist running a business have bills to pay in 2 places such as
Advertisement (Website,ads,fliars,business cards,ect)
Phone( cell phone ,shop phone,home phone)
Rent ( home,salon) most buildings cost $4.00 a sq feet and up so if its 1500 sq feet then u pay 6000.00 a month for rent in a 1 to 5 yr contract.
Light Bill ( home,salon)
Towels
Product
Equipment
Taxes = 50% of what u gross because of the social security for our future.
Liscense fee and renewal fee
Cosmetology Liscense fee and renewal fee
Insurance (in case they caused damage like burning skin or hair fell out from over processing with chemicals ect)
Medical
Dental
Transportation
Day care
Groceries
All of these expenses can not be met on a 1500 a mo income.
They have to charge accordingly.
There are some stylist who charge up to 5000 or more for extensions why???? In wealthy area which means more rent for salon more cost investment for product. Not to mention the accommodation to clients be it glass of wine..bottled water ...orderbs or snacks.
If a person do not have the right business plan...they will go belly up.

Edited by feelblessed - Jun 01 2013 at 4:51pm
windycityaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windycityaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Chicago???? I've looked at the suggestions and styleseat but need more. Please and thanks.

On the verge of taking weave matters into my own hands.

Not sure if this one was listed already for Chicago:  @kettakelleyhair, @kaylux27
shoefreakbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoefreakbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

The truth of my post wasn't mean to disrespect you Amanda.
It is what it is.
After I visited you (and the lovely Adeline, your beautiful and lovely children and even your nice nanny) I gave up on closures and went back to braids.
I figured if you didn't do it right, after all of those great pics on your Fotki, then no one could.
I was only told recently by a stylist that closures have to be placed right. And for my head, it should have been done differently. It is hard to arm-chair-quarterback that play that went so wrong with you, but I just wish it would have worked out.
You being the stellar hairdresser that I thought you to be from your Fotki, I would have thought you would have told me that from the git go.
Anyway, you really didn't cut the band on my net and while I appreciated that you didn't cut my wefts, you didn't do a good job with the foldover. Thanks for the advice on how to remedy a brand new install with too much hair. But seriously, people don't usually have to "fix" a good install the same day they get it. Too bad you didn't place my closure behind my hairline.
Maybe you had too many people to do that day. I dunno but that was my experience with you.
Like I said, you were real nice and all, but you didn't do me right at all and I wasted my money on your services.
Warn people about placement before you take their money and send them away looking like a member of the Addams Family.
And yes, I know stylists don't post their hatchet jobs. I noticed you didn't ask to take a pic of meWink
Glad you finally got your shop off the ground.
Continued good luck to you

LOL

My only complaint was she took very long. I was there for over 4 hrs 
but Im patent so/ w/e Confused
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 8:49am
I looked at some of those Miami Instagram stylist... :(

Jaelhairlover

Is a Fort Lauderdale hair stylist
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by feelblessed feelblessed wrote:

Originally posted by softkitty softkitty wrote:

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but is a stylist working in a salon a thing of the past? There seems to be many great stylist working from their home, but I may be in the minority when I say I'm not comfortable with that.

It is against the law to work as a stylist in the home unless they have permission from Licensing which is only by special circumstances. Most people who are doing this are not paying taxes that is why it is so cheap. If IRS CATCH wind they will be in trouble.
Doing hair requires a
Cosmetology Liscense
A business liscense by the city u are doing Business in
Insurance to cover damage
An establishment that have been approved by state Licensing and you will have to display Liscense as proof if not 1500 fine!

I agree with all the above.
In some states, there is no license required for Natural Hair Care Stylists (braiding, hair weaving and extensions). Check with your state first though! 
toosexy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Colby Colby wrote:

DMV/FL/NY/CA/Chicago
japanstylez
im trying to set up an appointment with this dude but he sucks at communicating. so unprofessional. not replying to texts or emails requesting appointment times but is on ig POSTING pics. im going to go to a different stylist now. smh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 21>
  Share Topic