BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Instagram Hair Stylist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 21>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
softkitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote softkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 9:51pm
I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but is a stylist working in a salon a thing of the past? There seems to be many great stylist working from their home, but I may be in the minority when I say I'm not comfortable with that.
Sponsored Links

Aklassicdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aklassicdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Originally posted by missladiee missladiee wrote:

I have to rave about my guy @tokyostylez !!! I went to see him back in October and he did a great job, I got compliments left and right. I didn't do a closure though. 

Tokyo WAS my stlist.I just had to drop him today. Called for an appt 3 weeks in advance, was told he was booked until May. I can get an emergency appt but for $100 extra. That puts me over the cap I said I would ever pay a stylist. So Its off to look for a new one. smh
Granted he does do good work. But I think once they build their clientele they should keep their returning customers into consideration.

Id take Brean from Reniece (sp) into consideration before i pay him those prices. and he works from his home. oh nah

Are you serious??!?!?! How much did it cost to get you hair done and what style did you get?
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 1:58pm

any from the DMV on instagram?

Memphisbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Memphisbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

I'm looking for a DMV stylist too.
missladiee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missladiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 10:57am
Oh wow! That's crazy! I always would set up my appointment with him directly before I left. I do see now that he has some assistant to do his scheduling and all that so I'm not sure how she handles it versus how he handles it with me because i just call or text him directly for my appointments. I hope he doesn't switch up on me anytime soon!
And I agree, I would not have him doing my hair for that price out of his home. He's a nice guy and all, but that's not how I think business should be done.
~taki~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~taki~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 12:07pm

hairgenie_mj1

if you cant afford her...her assistant
womanoftheyear
choco_lips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco_lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 5:05pm
try @marciweaves
Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 11:46am

DMV Instragramers

hernameis_molly 
apparently she worked/s with Monetcrochet & does the same seamless weave for less.

thehairmogul
she has some nice pics..she seems good with color and her seamless looks really good

If I lived in the dmv I'd've tried the hairmogul

Edited by Colby - May 23 2013 at 11:40am
Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 11:56am
DMV/ ATL & NJ 
Yolanda_nicole 
specializing in natural hair & weaves...I believe she does the hair for jerseylicious

Richmond VA/ Harlem NY
dionneiec
iecrichmond.com

NY/Dallas/Houston
thevipcorner

Edited by Colby - May 22 2013 at 12:43pm
Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 12:37pm
NY Instragramers

hairbyleiselle
great with closures, big on healthy hair, great for alopecia etc. 

Silkhairny (Harlem)
great with natural hair blow outs, does weaves & closures etc.

misslala0816 [Valley Stream (Long Island) NY] does $70 versatile weaves
nice with weaves & does closures

dollhouse_extensions
mehh...does weaves

cheetahisthenewblack
NYC Weave studio owner Fashion hendricks

gabidoeshair
Indique expert weave stylist

*Oh and not instagram related but Beyonce's stylist Neal Farinah has a salon in Brooklyn and Rihanna's stylist Ursula Stephen just opened a salon in Fortgreene Brooklyn last week.

Edited by Colby - May 23 2013 at 11:40am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 21>