BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Instagram Hair Stylist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 21>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miss Carmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Carmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:12pm
I think slowly but surely it has become a game. I noticed that once a stylist gets a pop, the prices go through the roof. Yet they are offering the same craftsmanship from before. I wonder to half of them even have a license. 

I just wanted to get a few peoples opinion about this issue: What is the max you spend for a instagram/ high in demand stylist? What should the services include?

Edited by Miss Carmen - Feb 01 2013 at 12:32pm
Sponsored Links

Island-Clo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Island-Clo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Duchess of Cali Duchess of Cali wrote:

Originally posted by Island-Clo Island-Clo wrote:

Originally posted by blanbeauty blanbeauty wrote:

try jacqidollhouse on instagram, she does major work out here in nyc. she has lots of pictures to look at.
just left her house, she is fiyah I'm loving my installClap 

What happened to your install by HairbyBobby? How long did it last?
I took it out cause me and bangs don't rock well with each other..they were annoying the sh** out of me
Duchess of Cali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duchess of Cali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by theLANAshow theLANAshow wrote:

Geek

Originally posted by theLANAshow theLANAshow wrote:

Originally posted by altimagurl23 altimagurl23 wrote:

Dutchess are you referring to sewnatural1 and her price of 975.00 PER PERSON????

No...I reached out to a stylist that is doing a tour to inquire about prices.

The quote included airfare, 4 night stay at The W Hotel plus the price of the install.

Airfare( $1000.00) and hotel ($2000.00) would  divided by the 8 clients serviced.
LOL that's not real life!!

I was COMPLETELY shocked at an install almost being a mortgage payment! Ouch

And even worse than the ridiculous price, that she is charging the customers for her airfare and hotel room is soooooooooo lowbrow!! It's one thing if a client lives in another city and makes a special request for a stylist to come do their hair. But for a stylist to announce that she's "going on tour" and then divides up her travel costs between the clients she has booked in each city is a whole 'nother level of ratchet!

Is this the hair game nowadays?Confused

^^^ ITA with the statement above. I was going to book an appointment with HairbyBobby (since he was going to be in my city) but after that quote... ummm no thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duchess of Cali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Miss Carmen Miss Carmen wrote:

I think slowly but surely it has become a game. I noticed that once a stylist gets a pop, the prices go through the roof. Yet they are offering the same craftsmanship from before. I wonder to half of them even have a license. 

I just wanted to get a few peoples opinion about this issue: What is the max you spend for a instagram/ high in demand stylist? What should the services include?

I'd be willing to pay up to $400 for a stylist if I really like their work. This should include shampooing and conditioning my real hair, weave and styling/cutting. I can't get with people charging $300 and up but I have to come with my hair shampooed and blow-dried.

I don't think some of them even have a cosmetology license but, if they are not providing any chemical services (just braiding and sewing) it's not required.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duchess of Cali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by blanbeauty blanbeauty wrote:

try jacqidollhouse on instagram, she does major work out here in nyc. she has lots of pictures to look at.
just left her house, she is fiyah I'm loving my installClap 

What happened to your install by HairbyBobby? How long did it last?
I took it out cause me and bangs don't rock well with each other..they were annoying the sh** out of me

Oh, ok.  I would have had to stick it out for awhile...just because I paid someone to install...but it's your money not mine. Wink
Miss Carmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Carmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 1:07pm
I agree. I understand that good work ain't cheap theory but some of these stylist have really lost it.  Unfortunately, I don't live in a state where these tours happen so I would be out of travel expenses too and to me it is just not worth the drive and the money esp if I have to wash my own hair!Cry

With that being said, I personally feel that if I am going to pay $300 and up it needs to include weave takedown, wash, conditioner, installation, cutting, styling, and coloring for me to make that drive. Now am I expecting to much? I think stylist should just have an all inclusive rates and cut the bull caca.
star42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote star42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 10:32pm
I saw where one popular stylist mentioned a "tour" and while her regular price is around $400, the "tour" price was more than double. Shortly after, a few other popular stylists started posting their own "tour" dates with what I feel are unfounded prices. 

It's all about marketing and branding one's self. You get these stylists who market themselves almost as a hair "god." Their time becomes so "limited" and precious resulting in them only being able to take a small number of "outside" clients b/c their appointment book shows that they are booked until the end of the year. All it takes is a small following of people literally begging for an appointment to create interest and then a tidal wave of others following suit. 

I had to LOL when I saw weave appointments being "auctioned" to the highest bidder. Really? I am not trying to undermine someone's work or skills nor am I trying to count what is in someone's pocket but these tours and prices are almost as comical as the people who essentially plead to get on the client list. 
missladiee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missladiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 7:57am
I have to rave about my guy @tokyostylez !!! I went to see him back in October and he did a great job, I got compliments left and right. I didn't do a closure though. 
05girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote 05girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 10:06am
wow I'm surprised there are not more ATL stylists on instagram straight flexin'...

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Miss Carmen Miss Carmen wrote:

I'd be willing to pay up to $400 for a stylist if I really like their work. This should include shampooing and conditioning my real hair, weave and styling/cutting. I can't get with people charging $300 and up but I have to come with my hair shampooed and blow-dried.

I don't think some of them even have a cosmetology license but, if they are not providing any chemical services (just braiding and sewing) it's not required.

I need to become an instagram stylist
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style