Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2015 at 12:54pm

UNDERSTANDING ANXIETY

Throughout Scripture, the Lord gives us evidence that many people deal with anxiety, even those considered pillars of faith. For example, we can deduce from Acts 18:9And the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent;  that the apostle Paul must have felt fear, since God instructed Him not to be afraid 'any longer'.

The fact that fear is common, however, does not mean it's from God. Of course, certain situations - like hearing a loud noise when we're alone - will trigger a frightened response. But the Lord doesn't want us to live with ongoing anxiety.

Common worries include the fear of death, poverty, illness, old age, criticism, and the loss of a loved one or something cherished. Why do we find it so hard to let go of our concerns, even when the Lord clearly states in Luke 12:7", 'Do not fear . . .'? you are more valuable than many sparrows.

Regardless of the cause, anxiety will take our eyes off our loving heavenly Father and focus our attention on our circumstances. No wonder God repeatedly reminds us not to fear. He wants His children to feel secure in His capability and trustworthiness.

thread

Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:21pm

The Character of Gossip

God hates gossip. He wants our speech to be pleasing to Him. He certainly doesn't consider idle talk or mean-spirited words pleasant as stated in Colossians 3:8 "But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.."

Sadly, gossip is practiced so freely that even some believers participate and try to justify their chatter. But hearsay has no place in a Christian's life. Romans 1 contains one of the Bible's longest lists of sins. The book's author, the apostle Paul, is reminding believers that God has revealed Himself to all mankind. Those who reject Him and chase after idols are turned over to their evil worship and the immoral practices that go with serving self.

Gossip appears in the middle of the list. God despises it because malicious talk destroys lives whether the stories are true or false. The person who is targeted by the rumor often loses the respect of those who listen to it. Hurt feelings may not be the only negative effect. A job or relationship could be lost as well.

Those spreading tales also face destructive consequences. People who refuse to control the tongue reveal evil motives or, at the very least, lack of discipline. As a result, believers and unbelievers will often avoid such untrustworthy individuals. For a Christian who spreads rumors, there's potential for even worse damage, in that such actions can harm fellowship with the Lord. Animosity toward another person and intimacy with God can not coexist in the same heart.

Gossip achieves no good in anyone's life, which is why the Lord warns against it. Instead, our words should build up, comfort, and encourage others.
Yield Not to Temptation

Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation:
the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:23pm

Never Look Back

Never look back at the wrong you've done,
Because that wrong you can't undo.
Just look ahead at the goodness of God,
And he will bring joy to you.

Never look back at failures you've had,
Because they probably weren't failures at all.
Just realize you are made in the image of God-
Like a mountain you will stand tall.

Never look back at what you should have done-
On these thoughts your mind you should rid.
Just ask God to guide you day to day,
Then you can proudly say what you did.

Never look back at moments of pain,
Because the only one that will hurt is you.
Just keep your mind on the love of God,
And watch your gray skies turn blue.

Never look back at material lost,
Because nothing material ever lasts.
But the things that God will give to you,
Nothing material can surpass.

Never look back for what no longer exists,
Because you won't find it anywhere.
Just keep your eyes on the love of God-
Look around you it is always there.

-By Rev. Brown

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:29pm
Taking Risks

Demonstrating mature faith can seem like risky business. Perhaps God has called you to an assignment that made you say, "What? There's no way I could do that!" The truth is, however, that the Lord calls His followers to radical obedience every day. And when we hear Him speak, He expects us to act!
Just think about what the disciples in the boat must have thought in Matthew 14:22 "And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.    23And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone."  When Peter stepped out onto the water: He's crazy! Somebody grab him! Nevertheless, Peter trusted the call of Christ.

Isn't it interesting that Peter had no trouble walking on the water until he took his eyes off Jesus? As long as his total focus was on Christ, he was fine. Yet, when he allowed himself to be distracted by human fears, he fell neck-deep in trouble - literally!

This demonstrates an important principle: When doubts prevent us from obeying God, we are doomed to failure. But when we step out in faith, God always assumes full responsibility for the consequences of our obedience.

The story of Peter's walk on the lake teaches us three things. First, we can trust that God will call us into challenging situations which force us to face our fears. Second, we are assured of the enduring presence of Christ, who stands ready to rescue us when we cry out to Him. Third, we know that the Spirit of God will never let us fall beyond His reach.
thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:32pm

Today's Topic: DON'T BE CONFUSED
Author: Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 2:11-12
Today's Confession: Thank You, Father, for revealing to me Your path for my victory. Help me to be sensitive to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

Devotional:
"No one can know what anyone else is really thinking except that person alone, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And God has actually given us his Spirit (not the world's spirit) so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us" (1 Cor. 2:11-12, NLT).

THE MESSAGE tells us that the Spirit "brings out what God planned all along" (v. 10). Isn't that encouraging? One of the jobs of the Holy Spirit is to bring out or reveal what God had planned for you all along. It's His job to bring it out, but you have got to give Him some time. You've got to learn to be sensitive to Him.

Exodus 14:30 tells us, "The LORD saved Israel that day" (KJV). That's what He wants to do for you and me. He wants us to have the testimony that He saved us, delivered us and brought us through to victory.

Learn to line up your words and your thoughts with what God says. Don't focus on the circumstances; focus on fellowshiping with the Holy Spirit and endeavoring to be sensitive to His leadership. Ask Him to reveal to you God's plan. Ask Him to reveal to you the path to your victory. If you don't hear anything while praying and seeking God, don't give up. Keep on listening for Him day after day after day.

And let me make one more suggestion for you. Don't ever act out of confusion. God is not the author of confusion. If you are ever confused about going this way or going that way, taking this job or that job, moving here or moving there, then don't act just yet. God is the author of peace. If you do whatever you're going to do out of uncertainty, you are about to make a big mistake. You will make an even bigger mess of your situation. Wait patiently on the Holy Spirit. Wait for peace and then follow it.

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:35pm
Mother Theresa

"For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me"(Matt 25:42-43).

Mother Theresa gave her life to a service to the needs of the poor in Calcutta, India. She reveals in the following what she believers every believer in Jesus is called to do:

"It is not enough for us to say: "I love God," but I also have to love my neighbor. St. John says that you are a liar if you say you love God and you don't love your neighbor. How can you love God whom you do not see, if you do not love your neighbor whom you see, whom you touch, with whom you live? And so it is very important for us to realize that love, to be true, has to hurt. I must be willing to give whatever it takes not to harm other people and, in fact, to do good to them. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise, there is not true love in me and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me."

It hurt Jesus to love us. We have been created in His image for greater things, to love and to be loved. We must "put on Christ" as Scripture tells us. And so, we have been created to love as He loves us. Jesus makes Himself the hungry one, the naked one, the homeless one, the unwanted one, and He says, "You did it to Me." On the last day He will say to those on His right, "whatever you did to the least of these, you did to Me, and He will also say to those on His left, whatever you neglected to do for the least of these, you neglected to do it for Me."

When He was dying on the Cross, Jesus said, "I thirst." Jesus is thirsting for our love, and this is the thirst of everyone, poor and rich alike. We all thirst for the love of others that they go out of their way to avoid harming us and to do good to us. This is the meaning of true love, to give until it hurts."

How might her words encourage you to do things differently?

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2015 at 1:29am
Overcoming Anxiety

By Charles Stanley

READ | Isaiah 41:10-14

Fear is a powerful emotion. It shows up without warning, tends to dominate our thoughts, and does not depart quickly. But as Christians, we have an even more powerful weapon to stop anxiety from overcoming us - the Word of God.

When anxiety strikes, key truths can help us stand firm. First, remember that God is sovereign over all circumstances and people (1 Chron. 29:11). When He decides to act, no leader, army, or nation can stand against Him. We may not understand why certain things happen, but we can know for sure that our Lord is still in control.

Next, keep in mind the promise that He causes all things to work for the good of those who love Him (Rom 8:28). Just as the Father orchestrated the events of Jesus - life, death, and resurrection to accomplish our salvation, He also works circumstances for our good and His glory. The disciples didn't comprehend what Jesus was telling them about the future; nor could they initially see how His dying was beneficial. But in the end, they understood that God had carried out His plan of redemption through the crucifixion and resurrection.

We may be in the midst of hard times and wondering where the good is. Do not lose hope. God is sovereign and true to every one of His promises (2 Cor. 1:20).

Verses that proclaim God's sovereignty can help us overcome fear (Ps. 22:27,28). Studying the lives of saints like Abraham, Joseph, and the apostle Paul will remind us that God is mighty and He can use difficulties to bring about gain. As we believe His Word, our anxiety will be replaced by His divine peace (Gal. 5:22).

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2015 at 1:38am
Today's Topic: The Problem with Being Discouraged
Author: Jerry Savelle
Today's Confession: I will be strong and courageous because God is always with me!

Devotional:
Today I want to talk to you about discouragement. How many times have you read in the Bible the words "Be of good courage"? Discouragement is the opposite of that. In fact, God told Joshua to not be discouraged four times after he took the place of Moses in leading Israel. To be of good courage means "the attitude, response or ability to face and deal bravely and fearlessly with anything recognized as being difficult, painful and even dangerous without withdrawing from it."

Many times you hear of courage described by what people do in dangerous situations. That's how God wants His people to be. In every situation put before you that could prove difficult or even be dangerous, God wants you to stand fearlessly and without withdrawing from it. That's the reason He told us to resist the devil. He didn't say that when we experience great difficulty we are to run like the wind.

In Ephesians 6:10-18, Paul talks about the spiritual armor that God wants us to put on. Notice that it's all worn on the front of the body. There is no weapon for the backside because we're not in the business of retreating. It's about moving forward. Paul never mentions backing off. He never mentions taking on the attitude of a coward.

Being discouraged also means having a lack of confidence. Have you ever gone along real well in your journey of faith, confessing the Word and being full of joy, and then a bad report comes your way? There's a tendency to pay close attention to it. If you start dwelling on that bad report, it will drop down into your spirit, and then your confidence in God will be lost.

The first thing that happens when you get discouraged is that you start doubting God. When you doubt God, then you doubt His Word. You say things that are contrary to what God says. When you're discouraged, you quit saying, "The joy of the Lord is my strength and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." When you are discouraged, you talk what the devil says; and when this happens, you are headed for a shipwreck.

Discouragement is a destroyer of faith. Psalm 31 tells what happens when you start doubting God. "For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes" (Ps. 31:22, KJV). In their discouragement, a lot people say things like this: "I don't know why God never answers my prayers." Don't allow yourself to talk like that. Cast those thoughts down and speak what God says. He says that He will never forsake you.

Today you need to hope in the Lord and refuse to become discouraged. God rewards those who remain confident.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 9:44pm
The Unconditional Love of God

New believers may find it difficult to accept the fact that God loves us just as we are. Much of the world operates by conditional love, which offers approval and acceptance on the basis of performance. So when we first come to Christ, there is often a natural tendency to assume we must strive to "deserve" our blessings, such as monetary wealth, loving families, and solid careers.

Divine love, however, can never be earned by human effort. There is absolutely nothing we can do to make God love us more or to influence Him to stop loving us. (Romans 5:8But God (demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ;1 John 4:8The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. ) Many believers understand this intellectually but have trouble believing it deep down in their heart.

No matter what has occurred in your past or what you feel right now, the Father's love has always been freely given to you. God pours His love upon us without exception- no ifs, ands, or buts. He did not begin to love you at the moment you invited Him into your life. Nor did He begin to love you when you first started going to church or when you rose from the baptismal waters. In truth, God never "began" to love you at all; He imply always has. From the creation of the world, God knew you and loved you.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 9:46pm
Topic: The Lord Watches Over Us
    Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 7:06am

Psalms 121I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Isreal wiil neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever.

I love this psalms soooo much. it brings tears to my eyes and the bold just give me so much joy and peace. The Father and Creator all all things perfect watches ove our lives. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!! Glory be to God! I pray this gives you all encouragment today. You are not alone, ever, for watches over your life. Have a Blessed Day family.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jan 29 2016 at 9:48pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic