FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Inspirational Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 9:20pm
Emergency Telephone Numbers
These are more effective than 911
When -
You are sad, phone John 14
You have sinned, phone Psalm 51
You are facing danger, phone Psalm 91
People have failed you, phone Psalm 27< /A>
It feels as though God is far from you, phone
Psalm 139

Your faith needs stimulation, phone < /B>Hebrews 11
You are alone and scared, phone Psalm 23
You are worried, phone Matthew 8:19-34
You are hurt and critical, phone 1 Corinthians 13
You wonder about Christianity, phone 2 Corinthians 5:15-18
You feel like an outcast, phone Romans 8:31-39
You are seeking peace, phone Matthew 11:25-30
It feels as if the world is bigger than God, phone Psalm 90
You need Christ like insurance, phone Romans 8:1-30
You are leaving home for a trip , phone < /I>Psalm 121
You are praying for yourself, phone Psalm 87
You require courage for a task, phone Joshua 1
Inflation's and investments are hogging your thoughts, phone M ark 10:17-31
You are depressive, phone Psalm 27
Your bank account is empty, phone Psalm 37
You lose faith in mankind, phone 1 Corinthians 13
It looks like people are unfriendly, phone John 15
You are losing hope, phone Psalm 126
You feel the world is small compared to you, phone Psalm 19
You want to carry fruit, phone John 15
Paul's secret for happiness, phone Colossians 3:12-17
With big opportunity/ discovery, phone Isaiah 55
To get along with other people, phone Romans 12
ALTERNATE NUMBERS
For dealing with fear, call Psalm 47
For security, call Psalm 121:3
For assurance, call Mark 8:35
For reassurance, call Psalm 145:18
ALL THESE NUMBERS MAY BE PHONED DIRECTLY.
NO OPERATOR ASSISTANCE IS NECESSARY.
ALL LINES TO HEAVEN ARE AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY.
FEED YOUR FAITH, AND DOUBT WILL STARVE TO DEATH
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 10:11pm

When God Is Silent

By Charles Stanley

READ | John 11:1-6

When Lazarus was dying, his sisters urgently called for Jesus. Imagine how their grief must have compounded when He didn't instantly respond to their request. God's silence is difficult to accept. We want Him to leap into action when we call, particularly if we are hurting or afraid. But since He promises to meet our needs, we can be sure that a silence from heaven has purpose. 

Silence grabs our attention. The disciples knew that Jesus could heal, so they must have wondered why He delayed instead of rushing to His friend's bedside. But the Lord wanted them to witness something even greater: His power over death. They had been confused by His statements about conquering death, and they needed to understand that He could fulfill His own resurrection prophecies (Mark 9:31-32). The miracle at Lazarus' tomb was part of their preparation. 

Silence teaches us to trust. Mary and Martha sent word of Lazarus' illness because they anticipated that the Lord would heal him. But would their faith waver if that expectation was not met? Martha answered the question by stating, "I believe that you are the Christ" (John 11:21-27NIV). The Lord rewarded the women's trust with a stunning miracle: their brother's return to life. 

At times, the only thing we can hear when we pray is our own breathing. That can be frustrating and frightening. But Scripture says God is always with us, and His silence will not last forever (Job 23:8-10Heb. 13:5). Cling to those promises as you seek the purpose behind His silence.  

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 10:48pm

Hope in the Midst of Suffering

by Charles Stanley

READ | 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

We all go through distressing times in life. These seasons of suffering may be brought about by relational difficulties, financial hardships, or other trials. But as God's children, we can take heart in knowing that our pain is not wasted.

Sometimes our pain is for the eternal benefit of others; the Lord uses it to reveal the genuineness of our faith so that others might see it and be drawn to His Son (1 Peter 1:7). By the way we respond to adversity, our belief in Jesus becomes visible to those around us. Believers will be encouraged, and seekers will ask us questions about our faith.

At other times, God uses trials to teach us to obey; Hebrews 5:8 tells us that even our Savior learned obedience from the things He suffered. Another purpose of hardship is to broaden our ministry. The apostle Paul's imprisonment let him minister among the guards, resulting in the salvation of many.

Difficulties can also be the Lord's tool in preventing a problem from happening; an unidentified ailment kept Paul from becoming prideful. When disobedience threatens our walk with God, He will take whatever steps are needed to draw us back to Him. He may allow a need to remain unmet or something cherished to be removed. His purpose is that we confess our sin and return to Him.

We may not know the reasons for our heartaches, but the wisest choice is to trust God. After all, He who saved us through the sacrifice of His Son has promised to use our suffering to bring about eternal good (Rom. 8:28).

thread  

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 11:36pm

Being Ready for Rough Times

By Charles Stanley

READ | 1 Peter 1:13-14

The apostle Peter knew that hard days lay ahead for his fellow believers. So he reminded them about their security as children of God: they were chosen by Him, born into a living hope, given spiritual protection during this life, and guaranteed eternity in heaven with their Father. Peter then gave them specific ways to prepare for the coming trials. His words, divinely inspired by the Lord, can guide us as well.

His first instruction relates to our minds: What we believe has a direct impact on our response to life's problems. If we trust that God is looking out for us, then we will feel less threatened by hard circumstances. But if we decide we must rely on ourselves, then we are more likely to react poorly to situations beyond our control. A negative attitude -whether from anger, fear, worry, or jealousy - can make a hard time worse. Preparation for the future starts with developing biblical thinking. 

A second lesson from Peter is to be "sober in spirit"; in other words, to maintain our balance in the midst of crises (v. 13). That requires resisting quick fixes to problems and refusing to embrace ungodly ideas or philosophies. Our enemy Satan is quick to offer suggestions designed to trip us up or turn us away from God's path. With the Spirit's help, we can learn to stand firm in a crisis and steadfastly follow the Lord. 

Our culture is increasingly distancing itself from Jesus Christ and opposing His followers. Are you preparing spiritually for whatever the future holds?

thread 

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 11:38pm
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Your Word me to cast my cares upon you. Oh how I want to do that, to bring all my cares to you and leave them at your feet. I do not want to be a worrier, but one whose faith is strong to trust you. I want to bring those burdens and concerns to you, and not keep picking them up and worrying about them. May this year be one of spiritual breakthrough in my life and in the lives of those I love. May our lives be filled with joy and peace through your Spirit. May you be the center and the heart of our homes. May we be more Christlike and less like the world in our everyday lives. Help us and have mercy upon us, dear God. Please forgive us of our sins and guide our steps. In Jesus' name, amen.
thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 11:40am
Anemic Faith
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
12-10-2008

"For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith" (Heb 4:2-3).

I run into anemic Christians everyday. They have a form of religion but fail to mix their belief with faith and obedience. The apostle Paul described them when he said "these people have a form of godliness but deny its power."

What are the telltale signs of anemic faith? When you no longer pray about decisions, you have anemic faith. When you fail to speak to others about their relationship with God, you have anemic faith. When you're unwilling to spend time with God everyday, your faith has become anemic. You no longer have a living faith.

God spoke to John, the apostle, through a vision and told him about some Christians who were part of the church in Laodicea:

"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see" (Rev 3:14-18).

These are strong words from our Lord. We are all susceptible to growing cold and anemic in our faith. Today, ask God to revive your heart and to restore the fire of your faith so that you will experience a vibrant and active faith that impacts the kingdom of darkness.*

thread

*I think we should ask God to revive our faith but we also have to do our part by choosing to spend time with God. He can't give us if we don't want to receive it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 11:55am

Ending Well

By Charles Stanley

READ | Luke 12:15-21

Today's passage is about a rich man who made poor use of his days. Incorrectly assuming that his life would last for many years, he not only left God out of His plans but also allowed materialism to guide him.

The apostle Paul, on the other hand, knew his time was short and yet made the most of His life on earth. For one thing, his priority was to give to others until his final days. His letters from prison illustrate this: despite knowing he would soon face death, Paul devoted his time and energy to instructing fellow believers and praying for them.

Paul also recognized the value of time spent encouraging Christians to do everything as if for the Lord (Col. 3:23). This is important even when one's task seems unrelated to the church. Our Father's work isn't just for missionaries and pastors; He calls all His children to different fields and assignments.

The apostle also knew that the Christian life encompasses struggles. And he was realistic about acknowledging his own imperfections (Rom. 7:5-25). This meant that to make the best use of his time, he needed to persevere, keep faith in God's promises, and rely on divine power for victory. And indeed, at the end of his life, Paul was able to say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith" (2 Tim. 4:7).

Life is a gift. Every one of us has a limited number of days on this earth. How will you utilize your time so you can look back and, with Paul, confidently say that you ended well?

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 12:00pm
May It Be
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
12-24-2008

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her (Luke 1:38).

Have you ever had a boss come to you and give you an assignment which had rules never before used? Not only were the rules different, he was asking you to agree to them not knowing the outcome or impact it would have on your life. That must have been the way Mary, the mother of Jesus felt.

God was about to do something so extraordinary that it required a face to face meeting with the subject, Mary, and his key angel, Gabriel. What God was about to do was so foreign that it needed detailed explanation.

Mary had been handpicked to give birth to the Christ-child. Can you imagine!? However, in order to do so she was going to be pregnant while yet unmarried, something totally taboo in her culture. In fact, women were stoned to death if found to be fornicators. So, when Mary heard the assignment and responded by saying, "May it be," this tells us what a courageous woman of faith she must have been.

She did not understand the implications of what she was about to do. However, she placed her total trust in God and knew that if God chose her for such an assignment, she could trust the outcome to Him. She would even have to trust the explanation to Joseph, who was not going to understand. In fact, when he discovered Mary was pregnant, he immediately considered divorce proceedings.

However, when God saw Joseph's response, He sent an angel to explain the situation through a dream. I am sure the time between her telling him and his dream must have been difficult to explain. She did not know God was going to solve the problem. This is another example of her faith and courage. I would imagine most women might have responded to the angel like this, "I won't do it unless you tell my husband!"

Do you have an assignment from God that seems impossible on the front end? Is God calling you to trust Him for the outcome? Take a lesson from Mary and release the outcome to God.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 12:06pm
Bury the Past
Bishop E. Earl Jenkins

"Walk in newness of life..." Romans 6:4 NJKV

Some people stay up until midnight to welcome the New Year. Others stay up to make sure the old year leaves! Seriously, as you enter this New Year you can't afford to let your past infect your present, or sabotage your future. That's why certain things that refuse to be healed, must be forsaken and forgotten! There are people praising God in church every Sunday who lie awake in the privacy of their homes digging up bones, picking at scars and reliving old memories. You need to accept that some issues will never be resolved, and if you let them they'll take up residence in your head.

Thank God Paul was honest enough to admit that he still struggled in certain areas. Unlike those with a pharisaical spirit who condemn others for doing the very things they do themselves, Paul says, "I know the law but...can't keep it...sin...keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I...need help...I decide to do good, but...My decisions...don't result in actions. Something...gets the better of me every time" (Ro 7:17-20 TM). "Thank you Paul" from the rest of us who mistakenly thought that once we became Christians there'd be no more struggles! Then he goes on to say, "Consider yourselves to be dead to sin" (Ro 6:11 NAS); "Just as Christ was raised from the dead...we also should walk in newness of life" (Ro 6:4 NKJV).

In other words, stop pursuing dead issues; admit them, quit them and forget them! Instead of struggling to change what can't be changed, let God's transforming power sweep through your life and sever the ties between you and all those tormenting thoughts from your past. Let them go today in Jesus' Name!

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2014 at 1:15pm

Lord, I'm Sorry! thread
Bishop Donald Hilliard

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:  a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Psalms 51:17 (KJV)

Un-repented sin can lead to a stronghold.  You see first of all I need to be sorry for my sin, not because I got caught in it.  I want to be sorry for my sin because I displeased God

I want to be sorry for my sin because I transgressed against the God that has done so much for me.  I don't want to act like I'm sorry because you caught me or because you read my phone bill and my phone bill was not right.  I don't want to be sorry because someone exposed me.  I don't want to be sorry because someone got pregnant out of wedlock.  I don't want to be sorry because you caught me in the Lotto line.  I want to be sorry because I'm sorry. 

And until we have confessed our sin before a Holy God, all our sin - everything that displeases Him, we walk around with unforgiven sin and we build strongholds up in our lives. 

Join me in prayer--

Lord,

I ask forgiveness for my sin.  I am truly sorry that I have sinned against you and you only.    I confess all of my sin, those done consciously and unconsciously and I am truly sorry that I have transgressed against you.  Wash me pure with the blood of the Lamb.  Create in me a new heart and renew a right spirit within me that I may worship you in spirit and in truth and leave a sanctified life before you.

In Jesus' Name... amen.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic