FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Inspirational Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:17pm

Amazement Exposes a Previous Doubt
by Dr. Larry Ollison

If we will be bold with God's Word, then we can change the world for Jesus. If we're mealy-mouthed about it and if we live an unholy, wishy-washy lifestyle, the people of the world will look at us and they won't be able to tell any difference between themselves and us. We must have something to offer. We do have something to offer. We have the Word of God that sets people free.

Do you have financial bondage? Prosperity is in the Word of God. Do you have sickness and disease in your life? Healing is in the Word of God. Do you feel bad about yourself? Confidence in yourself is in the Word of God. Every solution to every need is in the Word of God.

Jesus said in John 8:31-32, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Free from what? Free from the things that bind you. It doesn't matter if you are like Paul and Silas and you are bound up in prison because of preaching the gospel. It doesn't matter if you have the IRS on your trail and you're going to have to pay a million dollars or go to jail. It doesn't matter if you have cancer and you're flat on your back in a hospital. It doesn't matter if you've got the worst case of whatever ever seen. It doesn't matter what the world says. We go by what the Word of God says and we must present it with confidence.

Then when someone says, "Look what happened," you can say, "I know it. I knew it when we prayed. Glory! I'll worship with you. Let's just thank God."

We must know that God is going to do what He said He's going to do so much that when it happens we're not amazed. Amazement indicates the existence of a previous doubt. Confidence exposes true faith.

thread

Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:21pm
Daily Walking in God's Love
Bishop Keith Butler

Luke 9:23 - And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. (KJV)

God wants daily fellowship with you. Here are some things that will help you walk in the love of God daily in your relationships with others.

1. Give attention to the Holy Spirit. He is the love of God. Start with the Holy Ghost before you turn on the Today Show.

2. Spend time in prayer in the morning. Even if it is just a few minutes, spend time in prayer before God, before you leave the house in the morning.

3. Meditate the Scriptures before you leave. Begin to think upon it, particularly if you are in a situation when something stormy is happening between you and someone. Turn to the love Scriptures and meditate those. You will find that the power that is inherent in the Word of God will get on you. Instead of walking in the flesh in your relationships, you will find yourself walking in the spirit, walking in love.

Do you know what would happen if God were tired of dealing with us? If God were like us, He would have said, "I've told that boy 10 times not to act like that. Forget him." Thank God, He doesn't do that. His mercies are new every morning. Thank God, His compassion fails not. Thank God that the love of God is always available to us. Thank God that He is not like us. He expects us to be like Him.

If you are dealing with a situation where you are in conflict with somebody, take a moment to lift your hands to the Lord. Say from your heart to the Lord, Father I forgive that person. I roll this care over on You right now. I'm not going to hate them. I'm not going to stay in strife with them. I'll forgive them in my heart right now in the name of Jesus.

By doing that you have put yourself in position where your faith can work, and deliverance can be brought to you in this situation. Now pray for that person right now. Ask God to bless them. Ask God to heal them. Ask God to provide for them. Do it right now in Jesus's name. Now praise God for it.

Scripture References: Matthew 5:44; 1 John 4:7-8; 1 Peter 5:7

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:23pm
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for new beginnings. When one door closes, another door opens. Change is not always easy, but sometimes necessary and in our best interests. I am so glad that you offer us opportunities to change for the better. I trust you because you know the future and you want what is best for us. Help me, my family, my friends, to make wise decisions, to trust in your guidance, to follow your lead, and to know what is your will versus the tricks of Satan or our own selfish desires. May we always do your will and walk your way. I know you will bless us and you will be glorified when we do. In Jesus' name I offer my thanksgiving and praise to you. Amen.
thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:26pm

The Loss of Hope

By Charles Stanley

READ | Acts 27:13-26

Life doesn't always meet our expectations. Even when making plans according to God's lead, we may run into something that interrupts them. Frustration over the obstacle can lead to discouragement and loss of hope. Then, if the hindrance should persist, our spirits may plummet toward despair.

Circumstances which seem impossible to overcome are often the ones that trip us up. Think about Paul's voyage to Rome by sea. When a bad storm arose, the sailors worked hard to save the ship. But since they couldn't control the weather, they gradually gave up all hope of being saved (v. 20). There are times when we can't change what has happened; whether it's a job loss, a loved one's death, or a devastating diagnosis. In such situations, feelings of hopelessness can overtake us.

Postponed plans can also be disheartening. Hannah is an example of someone who became dejected because of "hope deferred" (Prov. 13:12). She saw other women bearing children, but her own maternal desires had not yet been fulfilled (1 Sam. 1:11). When things do not go according to our schedule, we may experience emotions like hers.

Feeling abandoned by the Lord can throw believers off track. I remember a season of life when I felt all alone. My mind said God was with me, but my feelings said He wasn't. To counter those emotions, I pursued the Lord through Scripture meditation and prayer.

In times of discouragement, you have a choice. Will you focus on your circumstances, or will you fix your gaze on our loving Father and trust Him?

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:30pm
Todays Topic: NO DEFENSE
Author: Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): James 1:2

Today's Confession: "I will consider it all joy when I encounter trials. Satan can�t do anything to me. It's just a matter of time before God brings me out victorious!"

Devotional:

A grateful person is a joy to God. I believe they bring a smile to God's face. Numbers 6:25 says, "The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee." Apparently, there are some people who just bring a smile to God's face. Notice that when God smiles, favor manifests. When God smiles, it indicates that you have pleased Him. Thanksgiving, praise, and an attitude of gratitude are pleasing to Him.

Don't you want to bring a smile to the face of God? Don't you want to please Him? I believe you do. Once again, it happens by being grateful.

There is a power that comes when you have an attitude of gratitude. James declared in James 1:2 (NAS) "Consider it all joy my brethren when you encounter various trials." Satan has no defense against the person who remains joyful and who maintains an attitude of gratitude. What can he do with a person who always rejoices, no matter what he does to them? What is he going to do with the person who always finds a reason to praise God? He can't do anything to them. He has no defense against them.

What makes you joyful in the midst of adversity is that you remember how God brought you out before, and you are confident that He will bring you out again. Knowing that your deliverance is just around the corner will bring a smile to your face even when you are in the middle of a trial. It gives you a reason to be thankful.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:33pm
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for a new day. I know that everything I am and everything I have is a result of what you have allowed in my life. Sometimes life is very hard; other times it is full of happiness. I know you are always there and your blessing is available...if only I will listen and obey. Please help me to recognize the gifts you send and the doors you open each and every day. Give me wisdom to see and do your will. Thank you for the spiritual gifts you have given, also. I pray that you will use those gifts to work in and through me to minister to the world and draw people to you. In Jesus' name I pray and give you praise. Amen.
thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 10:19pm
What To Do in Times of Trouble
Bishop Keith Butler

For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.  2 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)

Do you know what time it is? It is time to give God thanks because He is your Deliverer! In the time of trouble, you have to abound in thanksgiving to God. Thank Him for protection. Thank Him for provision. Thank Him for your food. Thank Him for your job. Thank the Father whether or not it looks like things are working. When you do, you release His ability and power.

In 2 Corinthians 4:16 it says, "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not s een: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." (KJV)

We have no need to faint and no need to fear. When we are in Christ, we don't gauge our future by what the stock market does. We don't gauge our future by what the news reporters say. We gauge our standing in this life by the word of God which lives and abides forever.

So I'm telling you today, don't look at all the things you are reading in the newspaper. Instead look to God. You may not see God, but you know He's there. You know He makes a way for you. So begin to thank Him for doing it right now.

In 2 Thessalonians 1:6 it says "it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you." In other words, God is going to trouble your trouble. In 2 Thessalonians 2:2 it says, "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand ."

So, know what time it is and don't be troubled. Don't be frightened. Don't be full of fear. God is pleased by our thanksgiving, and He will move in our situation. It is time now to thank God for delivering us by His mighty power!

Scripture References: 2 Thessalonians 1:6; Acts 16:25-26

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 12:00am

Faith Brings Deliverance
by Dr. Larry Ollison 

James 1:2 says, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience."

This verse is easy to quote in church when everything is going good. But when the bill collectors call or the doctor gives you a bad report, it may not be as easy.

But today I have good news. There is a way to consider everything joy. There is a way we can go through life with a smile on our faces and laughter in our hearts. It can be done and the answer is - faith.

Let me explain. God has made promises to us in His Word, the Holy Bible. If we are Christians, then these promises apply to us. Now the key is this. If we actually believe that God is telling the truth, and if we actually believe that He is capable of doing what He said He would do, then we will have no fear of anything.

When Paul and Silas were preaching the gospel, they got into some real messes. Once as they were going to pray, a demon possessed slave girl kept following them and mockingly gave them praise. After a time Paul got weary of her and turned to her and said, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her."

When the slave girl's owners saw that the demon was gone, they were upset. They had used her to tell fortunes and had made a lot of money with her. But with the demon gone, she was useless to them.

Needless to say, they got real angry. In fact, they took Paul and Silas to the magistrates and accused them of teaching things that were unlawful.

The magistrates stripped Paul and Silas and commanded that they be beaten with rods. After they were beaten severely, they were thrown into the inner prison and put into stocks. The Roman stocks were not like the ones you see in the movies. The stocks in the movies have three holes : the center one for the head and the two outer ones for the hands. The Roman stocks were for the feet. The holes were so far apart that many times bones were broken while putting a prisoner in them. It was not uncommon for a prisoner in stocks to never be able to walk again. It was not a thing to be taken lightly.

Anyway, picture this. Paul and Silas were in the inner prison. There were no sanitation facilities. They had been stripped and beaten severely with rods. Their open wounds were in the dirt and sewage. Their legs were stretched severely in the stocks and it was dark. There were no prisoners' rights in the Roman jails.

Can you guess what Paul and Silas did while they were in jail? The Bible says in Acts 16:25, "But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God and the prisoners were listening to them." Paul and Silas had joy.

Then verse 26 says, "Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed."

Would Paul and Silas have been miraculously released if they had not been in joy? I don't know. The Bible doesn't say. But had they been in jail gripping and complaining, somehow, I don't think so. That's not faith.

Faith is believing God and acting on what you believe. Psalm 34:19 says, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but He delivers him out of them all."

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 9:13pm
Warrior or Worrier

by Dr. Larry Ollison

Fear will paralyze you and keep you from the victory that God has planned for you. Fear is a spirit and the spirit of fear is not from God.

Peace is a show of confidence. Peace is the outward manifestation of an internal confidence and confidence is the manifestation of pure faith. Because you know the Word and because the Word says, "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world," you do not fear. Because you know God is on your side and because you believe Him, you stand in faith knowing that no weapon formed against you can ever prosper. You are victorious and you know it, and because you know it, you have peace.

Quit begging God to give you peace. He already has. Romans 5:1 says that as believers "having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Jesus is the King of peace and in Ephesians we are told that He Himself is our peace. (Ephesians 2:14) Not only that, but the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, God Himself lives inside of you. You are a three-part being. You are spirit, soul, and body. When you became a believer, the very Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, moved inside of your spirit. As a Christian, you are literally Spirit-possessed.

Your spirit is you, my spirit is me, and the Spirit of God is God. Because you are indwelt with the Spirit of God, you have the peace of God inside of you and regardless of what is on the outside, you have the fruit of the Spirit on the inside. As a Christian, He who is in you (The Holy Spirit) is greater than what is outside of you.

The peace of God should be flowing out of you into the world instead of the stress and pressures of the world getting into you. You have at your disposal the greatest power in the universe. Nothing can overpower the love of God and according to 1 John 4:7-8, God is love. Perfect love casts out fear.

Worry and stress are byproducts of fear. Rest and peace are byproducts of faith. To eradicate the fear all we must do is walk in perfect love, be led by the Spirit, and then the peace of God will flow from us and minister to a world that is living in darkness.

Jesus said you are the light of the world. You have a responsibility to let the light shine from you into the darkness. Your testimony of peace will encourage and minister to others and you will discover through walking in the peace and rest of God that you will bring glory to God. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

Walking in faith will make you a warrior. Walking in fear will make you a worrier. Warriors overcome the enemy and enjoy peace and rest even during times of battle. Worriers live in a world of tension and stress, continually in fear at what might happen. What world are you living in?

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 9:16pm
HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Persevering Through Silence

By Charles Stanley

READ | Job 23:16-17

Yesterday we noted that God always has a purpose for being silent. I learned this lesson - and its corollary - in college.

One day during my senior year, I prepared to pray over a situation that would impact my future. But as I got on my knees, I felt as if God was suddenly gone. For three days and nights, His presence seemed miles away. The fourth evening, some friends gathered to intercede on my behalf, but to no avail. Nearly defeated, I was headed back to my room when I saw my buddy Don's light. I climbed through his open window (the dorms were locked), and we prayed until dawn. Still nothing.

I beseeched the Father all week. Then, at last, He dramatically intervened in my life to clearly dictate my next steps. The corollary is this: When God is silent, keep on praying!

Far too many times, I have heard people say they quit praying about a need because there was no answer. Matthew 17:20 says that faith the size of a mustard seed is able to move mountains; then imagine how tiny our trust must be when we give up on the Lord! Believers cannot treat prayers like quarters fed into a vending machine, which gives an instant response. Talking to God is a long-term investment in the intimate friendship we have with Him.

Though God may be silent for a time, He never ceases working on our behalf. When the time is right, He provides an outcome that aligns with His perfect plan. Giving up before the Lord responds to your call is a grave mistake. So pray on, friends. Pray on!

thread
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic