Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inspirational Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:03pm
Pressing On

Read: Philippians 3: 10-21

So often things of the past can hold us back. Often the issues that haven't been dealt with can be a stumbling block and a hindrance to what God can do in us now. If only we can see beyond the here and now. If only we could see what God can do in and through us, we would desire to press on through.

As Paul says here, he hasn't already attained this, but he presses on, forgetting what lies behind and strains forward to what lies ahead. We need to have a more eternal way of thinking. We know that this world is not our home. We can't even take our human body with us when we die. Everything will be changed. Everything will be new. Our homeland is in heaven with Jesus. Our home here on earth is only a temporary residence. If we could truly grasp this, we would realize the unimportance of so much in our day-to-day life. This can be a hard concept, because none of us can really understand what heaven would be like. None of us have been there. We haven't seen it; touched it; smelt it; experienced it in any way. We may get small glimpses now and then - but that is nothing in comparison to what it would be like. I believe if we could just see what has eternal value in what we do and say, it can be transforming. Knowing this can help us to press on with God. To "press on" to receive the breakthrough we so desire. To "press on" to be more Christ-like. To "press on" despite the odds stacked up against us. For nothing else the world has to offer is as important as pressing on in God.

By M.S.Lowndes

Help me Lord to press on through
No matter how hard it gets
Let me see what has eternal value
And press on to what lies ahead.

By M.S.Lowndes
  thread
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:09pm
Fruit Of The Spirit

Read: Galations 5:16-26

There is a contrast here between the "Fruit of the Flesh" and the "Fruit of the Spirit". There is a battle between the "Spirit" and the "Flesh" (V:17). Do we live to gratify the desires of the flesh, or do we live a life controlled by the Holy Spirit? We must choose one - we can't live to please both.

If we are living to the flesh and think there is nothing wrong with it, we really haven't given the Holy Spirit full reign in our lives. We need to realize that the sinful desires of the flesh are the opposite of what God wants in our lives. Let us put the Holy Spirit back on the throne of our lives, and "Walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God)", (V:16).

The out-working of a life controlled by the Holy Spirit is: Love, Joy (gladness), Peace, Patience (an even temper, forbearance), Kindness, Goodness (benevolence), Faithfulness, Gentleness (meekness, humility), Self-control (self-restraint, continence). As Spirit-filled Christians, living and walking by the Spirit (V:25), we should desire to be producing this fruit (the character traits of Jesus) in our lives. As we refuse to give in to our fleshly desires and allow the Holy Spirit full reign, our lives will begin to produce the beautiful fruit of the Holy Spirit. May we each day say "No", to our flesh, and "Yes" to the Spirit.

By M.S.Lowndes

For the Fruit (the effect, the product) of the light or the Spirit [consists] in every form of kindly goodness, uprightness of heart, and trueness of life. And try to learn [in your experience] what is pleasing to the Lord [let your lives be constant proofs of what is most acceptable to Him]. Take no part in and have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds and enterprises of darkness, but instead [let your lives be so in contrast as to] expose and reprove and convict them.

Ephesians 5:9-11

Holy Spirit I give you control
Of my life today
May your fruit be in abundance
As I let you have your way.

By M.S.Lowndes. thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:26pm
Todays Topic: Purposeful Thanksgiving
Author: Terri Savelle Foy
Verse(s): Psalms 100:4

Today's Confession: Lord I magnify you and not my circumstance.

Devotional:
One of the keys to receiving God's best is having an attitude of gratitude and that's easy to have when everything is going great, when you've got money in the bank, God's met all your needs and your prayers are answered it makes it easy to be thankful. It's not so easy when you feel like all hell's broken lose in your life and you have nothing to be thankful for especially when Satan reminds you about everything you've lost, or everything that's not happening.

Our words that can keep us in that same mess month after month after month and year after year. Psalm 100:4 says "enter his gates with thanksgiving and enter his courts with praise." That tells us right there that thanksgiving is a key. It's a password, it's like a gate opener into the presence of God.

My mom had given me a gate opener and all I had to do was push the button, it opens the gate and I go right up to her house. Well you may have a gate opener but if it is not the right one you are not going into her house. It's the same with our prayers: we may be praying but if our prayers are nothing but complaints then we are not entering into the presence of God.

So many times we pray things like "Lord why isn't anything happening. I've been doing all I know to do, I don't understand this. What am I not doing Lord? Why is everybody else getting a breakthrough? It's been six months now, I'm giving, I'm sowing amen." And that's how we pray. We haven't even entered into the gates. We haven't even pushed the button to get into His presence when we pray like that. But when we make ourselves give a sacrifice of praise it's called purposeful thanksgiving. When you make yourself look around at what you do have and you voice it, the bible says give thanks and say so. When you make yourself (when everything in you is screaming and hurting) say, "Lord I thank you that I have a job. I thank you that I have a house to live in. Thank you that I'm healthy. Thank you for my children." And when you make yourself magnify what God has given you it opens the door wide open for you to walk into His presence and receive His best.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 6:01pm

Unconditional Surrender

By Charles Stanley

READ | James 4:7-10

On occasion, we're amazed by a believer's perseverance in adversity and confidence in God's promises. Such people demonstrate a spiritual fullness that many of us long to have. A closer look reveals that they have followed Jesus' example and surrendered all to God.

We may find it hard to submit to the Lord, because we like to be in charge. This has been man's problem since the beginning. Adam and Eve, the first human beings, decided to ignore God's warning and charted their own course, which ended in disaster. Like them, we often overlook the limitations of our understanding and ignore God's wisdom and knowledge.

Another reason that we hold back is fear: perhaps we won't like what the Lord chooses for us. He might ask us to give up a favorite activity or take on additional responsibility. How we are perceived by others also factors into our decision about submission, as we don't appreciate criticism for being "too religious." In addition, selfishness and pride can make us reluctant to let God take charge: we cling to our ideas and dreams and prefer to be independent.

The truth is the opposite of what we think. By yielding control to the Lord, we position ourselves to live the abundant spiritual life. We'll experience His deep love, which satisfies more fully than any other. Our usefulness in His service will be maximized as we operate in the Spirit's power. And obedience will also bring glory to Him as well as blessings to us.

Surrender is the way to abundance. Won't you humble yourself before God and relinquish all to Him?

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 6:32pm

Good Decisions

By Charles Stanley

READ | Genesis 25: 27-34

Scripture confirms that the familiar expression, "You reap what you sow," is accurate (Job 4:8; Prov. 11:18). Esau learned this truth the hard way. Famished, he returned from hunting and requested a bowl of the stew his brother was cooking. Jacob seized upon the opportunity: he agreed to share the food in exchange for his older twin's birthright.

In Old Testament times, the firstborn enjoyed special privileges, which included authority over younger siblings, a double share of the inheritance, and the honored position as spiritual leader over the family. Yet Esau, deciding that food was more of a necessity right then, traded his birthright for dinner. He later grieved to realize what was lost, but at that point, it was too late. Like Esau, we all face critical choices at times. While God offers forgiveness for poor decisions, the consequences remain. So we must learn how to choose wisely.

We should take to heart two warnings from this story. First, to be able to distinguish our best options, we should wait until we are physically, emotionally, and spiritually stable. Esau allowed hunger to cloud his thinking.

Second, it is often important to delay gratification. For example, though a person may be eager to purchase a car, it is wise to shop around for the best deal. Though our human desires feel overwhelming at times, we should prayerfully wait for God's timing.

Think about the longings that you have. Pray for wisdom and patience so that you can make godly decisions during critical times.

thread

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 9:59pm
Wanted to share this Channel

http://youtu.be/dd6EbvvRbO8
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:39pm
Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, Thank you for this day. Thank you for my being able to see, to hear, to speak, to move about this morning. I'm blessed because you are a forgiving and understanding God. You have done so much for me. I have witnessed your hand of blessing, your miraculous power in my life and the lives of those I love, and you just keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for your forgiveness. Please keep me, my family, and my church family safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a positive and Christ-focused attitude and plenty of gratitude. Please clear my mind of distractions so that I can hear from you and please direct my steps today. Thank you so much, in Jesus' name, amen.

Do You Need a Breakthrough?
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
11-06-2008

"...while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice. He instructed me and said to me, 'Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding'" (Dan 9:21-22).

There are times in our lives when we simply need a breakthrough from God. Maybe you need a new job or a breakthrough in your finances, direction on a big business deal, or maybe physical healing from an illness. Sometimes we need to hear from God directly for situations in our lives.

Daniel was seeking God to understand why the nation had been in captivity for 70 years. He began to fast and pray. At the end of this time an angel of the Lord appeared to him. It is clear the angel came to Daniel because of his fasting and prayer and his seeking God for answers.

The prophet Jeremiah says, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" (Jer 29:13). The problem with most of us is we are unwilling to seek God for the answers. Seeking God requires an intentional focus that may require prayer and fasting.

Bill Bright, the founder of Campus Crusade for Christ said, "I believe the power of fasting as it relates to prayer is the spiritual atomic bomb that our Lord has given us to destroy the strongholds of evil and usher in a great revival and spiritual harvest around the world. The longer I fasted, the more I sensed the presence of the Lord. The Holy Spirit refreshed my soul and spirit, and I experienced the joy of the Lord as seldom before. Biblical truths leaped at me from the pages of God's Word. My faith soared as I humbled myself and cried out to God and rejoiced in His presence."*

Do you need a breakthrough? Consider committing to a time of fasting and prayer.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:46pm
You Have the Mind of Christ
Bishop Keith Butler

For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ. I Corinthians 2:16

Guess what? Christ is not Jesus' last name. Christ means the Anointed One and His Anointing. So you have the mind of the Anointed One and His Anointing. That's right. That's the kind of mind you possess: a peaceful, anointed mind.

When the Holy Ghost anoints your mind, you acquire His view and His solution for every situation. I don't know about you, but that's what I want-- God's solution and not my mind's solution.

You may say, "I solve my own problems." Yeah, but how many people get hurt in the process? You? Your spouse? Your family, or friends? Your mind has to be renewed enough to say, "I have the mind of Christ. I'm doing this God's way." God can fix things so that we all win. Then God will get the glory and the world will say, 'I want what you have.'

II Corinthians 10:5 tells us to cast down imaginations. Imaginations are images of the mind. The image of the mind seeks revenge. It says, "I'm going to get back at them." It's only after what it wants and always opposes what God wants. That's why the Word tells you to cast them down.

Here's an example I think most of you have experienced. The other day, I was driving my brand new car, and one of those big four wheelers cut me off. I could have been a goner. Well, the image of my mind was to retaliate! I wanted to chase him down, cut him off, and do him some bodily harm.

But, I had to cast those images down. Of course, God wouldn't tell us to do this if we couldn't do it. Right? So you and I have the ability to cast down all carnal images from the devil. Just say, "I don't think thoughts like that any more. I cast you down." Then pray in Jesus' name , and ask God to save and bless that person.

Don't allow your mind to be shaken when you are following after the Word of God. Having the mind of Christ is having a life of victory!

Scripture Reading: Philippians 4:13; St. John 17:22-23

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:54pm
Simply Obey
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
11-07-2008

"But Naaman went away angry and said, 'I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy'" (2 Kings 5:11-12).

Naaman was an army general who needed healing from Leprosy. A young servant girl of the king's house suggested that the prophet Elisha could heal him. He followed her advice and Elisha sent a message to him to do the following: "Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your flesh will be restored and you will be cleansed" (2 Kings 5:10). However, when the instruction came as to what he was to do, it seemed ridiculous to him.

Like many of us, Naaman expected God to perform his miracle through Elisha in a dramatic and "religious" way. Sometimes we fail to recognize that God can work through a simple act of obedience that seems unrelated to the problem. God told Joshua to walk around Jericho seven times to win the battle. He told a man to put mud on his eyes to be healed. He told Peter to catch a fish to get a coin to pay his taxes.

There are other times God calls us to use the natural to receive a breakthrough. Sometimes we simply need to change our diet or go see a doctor to see a breakthrough in our health. Sometimes we need to change the way we are doing our work to get a breakthrough in our careers.

Samuel the prophet told King Saul that obedience is better than sacrifice. Learning to listen to the Lord and following His instruction is the key to success in God. Sometimes God chooses the dramatic and sometimes He chooses the ordinary. In either case, both are miracles because God is the God over all creation.

Ask Him what steps you are to take for your breakthrough.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:00am

When Anxiety Strikes

By Charles Stanley

READ | Philippians 4:6-7

If you needed a consultant, would you hire just anyone? Of course not. You'd want to be sure your advisor had experience to back up his suggestions. The apostle Paul was certainly qualified to teach on the value of contentment; he wrote from a prison cell.

In today's passage, Paul says that prayer safeguards the believer's heart from anxiety. Praying appropriately will result in the most effective protection, so we are wise to follow the pattern Jesus gave us. The Lord's Prayer underscores adoration of the Father and de-emphasizes self-talk (Matt. 6:9-13). God does desire to hear our concerns (Phil. 4:6). But if problems are all that keep us on our knees, then we have missed the main point of our relationship with Him.

Why does the Lord expect us to honor Him when what we want is immediate help for our problems? Because where the mind dwells, the heart follows. Focusing on His greatness puts our needs in perspective and encourages us to rest easy. He is in charge and at work (Matt. 6:30; Rom. 8:28). Consider Jesus' prayer in Gethsemane. (Matt. 26:36-46) Even as the Lord was crying out for relief, He nevertheless submitted to the Father's greater will (v. 39) As a result, a supernatural peace fortified Christ and enabled Him to face His executioners.

Paul offered a radical peace plan: Praise the Lord while suffering persecution; thank Him when facing trial; and pray about everything. Each prayer braces your heart against anxiety. That's solid advice from a man who practiced what he preached.

thread

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair