FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Inspirational Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 4:28pm
Move On!
TGIF Today God Is First, by Os Hillman
01-14-2008

..."Why are you crying out to Me? Tell the Israelites to move on." - Exodus 14:15

Moses had brought the whole nation of Israel, approximately 600,000, to a dead end in the desert. The only thing between Israel and Pharaoh's pursuing army was the Red Sea. This was after nine plagues God had inflicted on Pharaoh to motivate him to free the Israelites. Finally, Pharaoh had freed Moses and the people, and they left Egypt. They thought they were home free. "Freedom at last," they said. But God did a strange thing. He directed Moses to take a route that led to the Red Sea, instead of the northern route around the Red Sea. God explained that He didn't want them fighting the enemies they would have encountered on this route. But still, there was the issue of the Red Sea.

They finally arrived at the Red Sea, and the people were wondering where they would go from there. News hit the camp: Pharaoh had changed his mind. He was coming after them with his army. Panic set in. The defenseless Israelites cried out, "Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die?...It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!" (Ex. 14:11b-12)

God sometimes brings each of us to a "Red Sea" in our life. It may be a work problem that can't be solved. It may be a marriage that seems to be failing. It may be a debilitating disease. Whatever your Red Sea, God tells us one thing: "Keep moving." The Red Sea was before them, yet God was angered at Moses and told him to "Keep moving."

"But Lord, the Red Sea is before me." "Keep moving." When we live by sight, we act on what we see. God sets this stage in dramatic fashion. God is into the dramatic. There is no way out without God here. That is just the way He wants it. No one will get glory except God.

A friend once admonished me when I was in the midst of an extremely difficult time in my life, "You must not withdraw from being proactive in your faith just because of this trial that you are in. God's hand is on your life. There are too many who are depending on you to fulfill the purposes God has in your life. Keep moving! Keep investing yourself in others." I didn't feel like it. I was in too much pain. But I did it anyway. God met me at the point of my greatest need once I decided simply to be obedient. Getting past myself by investing myself in others helped heal the pain. There is great healing when we look past our own problems and seek to invest ourselves in others for the sake of Christ. This is when our own Red Seas become parted. We begin to walk to freedom. But we will never experience the miracle of the Red Sea in our lives if we don't first "Keep moving."

thread
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 4:32pm
Divine Direction
Rev. James C. Matthews

"Then some Midianite traders passed by, so they pulled him up and lifted Joseph out of the pit, and sold him to the Ishmaelites for twenty shekels of silver. Thus they brought Joseph into Egypt."   Genesis 37:28

Often, when we look for direction from God we seek the miraculous. We search for a sign, a voice or a vision to make our paths plain.  However, God can and does employ more common (even painful) experiences in our life to provide direction for our lives. We lose a job, experience a break up in a relationship, financial instability, stricken with an illness or something is taken from us.  These "life events" may be God's way of causing us to look in another direction.   God will often close a door, to point us in the direction of another.

God has a purpose and plan for our lives.  The problem is - so do we. Often our plans and God's plan are not the same.  We often seek things that are short sighted.  God knows this and allows certain events in our lives to point us in the right direction.  Often these situations look nothing like what we think God's plan for our lives should look like.  We must be careful not to misconstrue God's direction as persecution.  "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). 

If anyone's life demonstrates this principle it's Joseph.  Joseph received a dream from God revealing his destiny.  In his dream he was in a place of prestige and power. In a matter of days, Joseph went from being his father's favorite son to being a slave in a foreign land.  He was thrown into a pit, sold into slavery and taken to Egypt to spend the rest of his life.  Unbeknownst to Joseph, all of this was God's way of positioning him to fulfill his purpose in life.  Joseph had to go into the pit, to meet Potiphar.  Potiphar's wife had to falsely accuse Joseph for him to be sent to prison. It was in prison where Joseph met attendants in Pharaoh's court. It was because of this time in prison that Joseph received the opportunity to meet Pharaoh.  When he met Pharaoh he entered into his destiny. 

When Joseph laid his head down to sleep that first night in Egypt he was far from home, but squarely within God's plan.  God declares: "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, "declares the LORD." For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).  I am sure Joseph saw the changes in his situation as set backs, when in reality they were setups.  God was providing "divine direction" through what appeared to be disaster.  Each disappointing turn in his life pointed him in the direction of his destiny and purpose.

Some of you may be experiencing what appears to be a disaster or dead end in your life, when in fact it's direction.  As you experience your transition, never lose sight of God's sovereignty.  Sometimes God allows us to lose control so that He can take control.  When Joseph's brothers threw him into the pit, I am sure he had no idea he had taken the first step toward his destiny.  After looking over his life and all that had transpired, Joseph was able to say to his brothers: "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result..." (Genesis 50:20).  Everything he thought was an accident was really providence.  It was divine direction!
thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 12:13pm
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 12:29pm
I heard a message recently that sort of falls in line with what you are saying.  Great post bTW

Fear is the belief in the unknown possibility
Faith is the belief in the unknown possibility

The difference is fear is the belief in a negative unknown possibility
Faith is the belief in a positive unknown possibility

SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 12:55pm
And might I add that what you believe in is what will come to you.  God gives us what we believe in our hearts.  Look at Job.  In chapter 3:25 he talked about his greatest fear coming  upon him and look what happened to him

Fear Vs Wisdom
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 12:18pm
Just a reminder...Wink about loving God and showing itHeart

nyqueene View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Love Him
    Posted: 29 Mar 2008 at 11:52am
I love God!! I don't care what I'm going thru, I don't care what I don't have, I don't care what everyone else seems to have over me. I will always & forever trust Him and reverence Him. He loves me and has my best interest at heart. He wants what's best for me, so I believe that His hand is in EVERYTHING that's going on with me. As I cry during my loneliest nights, I tell Him, "Yes I'm lonely, and I don't know why I'm not yet married, but I will trust You thru these tears." I'll do my best to represent Him to the fullest. Forget the nay sayers, Jesus & I will prove them wrong. Things may seem dismal, but God's glory will manifest.
Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. LOL

Miss B View Drop Down

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 12:27pm
Oooooh YES LORD!!!

I love Him too girl! And yes, sometimes it makes no sense, but He said in His word that He will never leave us, and that He has PLANS to PROSPER us and not to harm us. Lord, thank you for keeping me from dangers seen and unseen. Thank you for loving me in such an utterly complete way. Thank you for always providing a way out. Thank you for holding me, leading me, and guiding me through the darkest times in my life when I felt that I had no one. Like Psalms 73:26-26 says "Who have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

I love you Daddy!!!!

thread

Edited by sexyandfamous - May 27 2014 at 12:19pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 12:34pm
[url=http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/so-do-you-really-pray-for-your-enemies_topic106192.htmlSo, do you really pray for your enemies?[/url]

nella View Drop Down

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 6:38am
Yes I do, there have been times when I didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway and after I did it, I felt a lot better about the person and the negative situation. There have even been times when my enemies have called or approached me to reconcile. So praying for your enemies is a blessing even if at times it doesn't seem like it. Heart

SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 9:19am
Yes, I do and it really helps calm my spirit and keep me focused on God

Godslady View Drop Down

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 12:19pm
Yes
I went through a situation last year where i found a(former) enemy unbeknown to me  somebody did something horrible and despicable to me(I'd rather not go into details) and it hurt me to the very core.I flew into a rage went on my face and prayed and i heard God say "forgive" and  "pray for them"pray. It  honestly angered me but i knew it was right so i started praying for this person.Everyday i would pray for God to bless them and to keep them and prosper them,and it hurt like hell. The more i prayed for this person the more God showed me this persons heart and i saw a hurt person that acted out because they were broken on the inside.

After a while instead of feeling rage i started to genuinely pity the person and felt sorry for them because i knew if they too knew of Gods love they wouldn't have done such things.I started to develop an agape love for this person and what they did to me seemed to diminish, and i knew that If i let them go and gave them to God he could do as he wanted with them.This person ended up up contacting somebody close to me unaware that i now knew of their misdeed.I confronted them and when i did i was able to tell them that i forgave them and hoped that God blessed them with a sincere heart

Sin hurts Jesus, and if he can intercede and pray for us to his Father God despite our sinful hurtful ways, how much more should we pray for people/enemies that  hurt us

UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 5:39pm
Yes, always.

It used to be very difficult for me to do this and I didnt think it worked until I moved into my first house (a townhouse). I was single and my next door neighbors were a young couple but a hot mess! The man was abusive and his live in girlfriend was nasty and mean to me for no reason. I think she caught her husband looking at me or something because he flirted with me once.

I made a point to pray for them every night because I was just so hurt that my next door neighbors were such a mess. I would ask God why he put me next door to these people!!!

After a while their attitude changed towards me. The man stopped beating his girlfriend and cursing her out (I know because I usually could hear them through the wall). The girlfriend got pregnant and they had a beautiful baby. The woman started speaking to me. They became decent neighbors. Over the next few months, I became engaged to my husband and after I got married.....the man went to my husband and told him that he felt inspired to marry his girlfriend after seeing us so happy.

Through that experience, I learned that God can turn your worst adversaries into people that might end up looking up to you or helping you out. It's just so amazing to see what God has in store. I religiously pray for my enemies and forgive them. It's hard but God never fails.

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 7:04am
Great testimony, UE! I don't consider them enemies, but I do pray for those who have wronged me or judged me unfairly. It wasn't alway easy; but I did it.

Whenever I pray for some one who has wronged me, God usually shows me the true reason for the person's attitude or actions towards me. Its such an epiphany! It also helps me to be more understanding and empathetic towards the person. By showing this person or persons compassion and understanding instead of hatered, it slowly but surely melts their hardness and a relationship abounds.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:22pm
Hearing God:

BabyShay56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it God speaking to you ?
    Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 10:32am
Ladies you know that little voice you get in your head that trys to shed advice on you... how do you know if its really God and not just youself. I keep hearing this little voice that says just wait and be patient you will get what it is that your wanting in time. How can I be sure thats what God is telling and not just my own thoughts trying to tell me what i want to hear?Ermm

Godslady View Drop Down

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 10:54am
I know because I recognize the voice of God.I have been hearing him for so long that I instantly recognize him.Just like any relationship the more you speak to him and the more he speaks back the better you will get at recognizing his voice.

nella View Drop Down

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 11:22am
Hi Babyshay56, I know exactly what you mean.  I'm going through the very same thing but rest assure it takes practice to recognize that it's God and not yourself.  But some times, the very thing that you want is what God wants for you also.  So if you are constantly hearing "wait and be patient" then continue to wait.  Here's some information that I found from a website about prayer that talks about how we hear from God. They do a better job of breaking it down than I can Smile.   I hope this helps Heart.

Hearing God
Prayer is two-way communication. God wants to speak to us when we meet with him in prayer. His desire to speak to us is far greater than our desire to hear from him. He is not going to make it difficult. Often God makes it too simple, and we can miss what he is saying to us because we are seeking the wrong thing - an obviously supernatural voice - audible, and preferably from a six foot angel dressed in white, so that there is not the slightest doubt that it is God speaking to us! We should take comfort from Samuel, who took three attempts before he was able to recognise God's voice speaking to him. 

Remember that God wants us to listen to him. In Proverbs we read "Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favour from the Lord." (Proverbs 8:34) and Jesus said "My sheep listen to my voice." (John 10:27)

God speaks to us in many ways. Here are some of them :

• Through the Bible. The Bible is God's living word. We should not be surprised that when we read a passage there is something in it which jumps out at us, that is particularly relevant to our situation. Particular verses come into our minds as we pray, and God will use some of them to speak to us. Hebrews 4:12 reminds us that "the word of God is living and active" and "sharper than any double edged sword." Clearly we need to be reading the bible regularly if God is to use it to speak to us.
  • Through Others God can use others in unremarkable ways such that they themselves are often unaware that they are being used. We can recognise significance in their words or actions, or in their timing. A series of coincidences becomes God-incidences!
  • To us in our hearts. When God speaks to us as we pray it can be similar to the "voice" of our conscience. Over time we come to recognise God speaking in our thoughts and placing things onto our minds. This will take practice, and there will be times when you are unsure whether it is God or your own thoughts.
  • Through words and pictures. Through the Holy Spirit, God can give us certain pictures, visions or words. We may understand the meaning of these immediately, or they may require sharing with others, so that someone else can explain them to us, or God may reveal it to us over time.

Sometimes when we pray God can be silent - we can listen yet hear nothing. At these times it may be up to us to respond to what he has already spoken to us by putting it into practice in our lives.  However, we should test things that we believe have come from God. I Thessalonians 5:19 says "Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything."   Whilst we should believe that the word of God is active today, and that God wants to communicate with us, it is only wise to check out what we believe God may be saying to us.  These words don't carry the same weight of scripture, and do need to be weighed carefully. Otherwise we run the risk of believing something is from God, waiting for him to fulfil it, and being disappointed when that doesn't happen, and feeling let down by God. Whilst the principal test is whether something is in line with scripture, God will not give us any words which are not in line with the Bible, His Word; it is also useful to share the message with other mature Christians for their reflection and discernment.

Pointers for Prayer : Hearing God takes practice. Do make sure that you leave some time for God to speak to you in your prayer time, and do ask him to speak to you - tell him that you want to hear his views and that you seek his will.
Is It God Speaking To You?

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:25pm
About pursuing dreams...or not:

*braidbeauty* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: religious question: help a sistah out
    Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 6:47am
If you are trying to pursue a dream that seems hopeless and you keep running into obstacles, how do you know if God is trying to tell you it isn't meant to be, or if He wants you be patient and not give up on this particular thing? It's hard bc I feel like He's sending me messages that it's not meant to be, but at the same time, I feel like He's encouraging me to hold on, and I don't want to be impatient and give up on Him. I need some encouragement and wise words bc I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. thank you.

TooBlessed View Drop Down

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 6:57am
I'm in the same boat.  Obstacles keep blocking me for what I believe God have for me.  Keep the faith and keep up the fight. 

IMO it is only when God have stripped you of EVERYTHING that pertains to whatever you are pursuing that it will be time to let it go.

You will go through even harder obstacles when you become successful at whatever you are pursuing, but knowing that God is with you, you can only win.

Afrocentchic View Drop Down

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 7:09am

....When I find myself in situations like this, I pray that if it is His will to for me to do (XYZ), for Him to open doors for me. But if not then to close it. The dreams you have, that thing you love to do more than anything is a gift from God. He doesn't give you a dream and snatch it away..

It may just be that ithe timing isn't right. There is a season for everything. Continute to pray and seek His face. Ask Him for direction and tell him what's on your heart. Jesus wants a relationship with you, and wants you to draw near to Him...Which may be the purpose of what you are going through right now.

Also knowing your scriptures helps in these situations too.

For I know the plans I have for you,  plans to prosper you and not hurt you, plans for a hope and future.

Matthew 6:33-34

Seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself . 

Matthew 7:7-11

Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks recieves, he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Which of you, if his son asks for bread will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you , then, though you are evil,  know how to give good gifts to your children,  how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask of him.

Proverbs 3:5 and 7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding....Do not be wise in your own eyes...

Proverbs 3: 26

For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.
Godslady View Drop Down

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 8:28am
Remember God is not about confusion.You need to communicate with him everyday to that you know his voice.He will speak to you and tell you what you need to do that way when opposition comes you will stand firm in faith and know that you know that God told you what to do.If your not supposed to do something and you ask God will clearly tell you.

(there's more answers, but I just post a few) thread

Edited by sexyandfamous - May 27 2014 at 3:26pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:27pm
Do not lean on your own understanding

Proverbs 3:5 Tells us to trust in the Lord always and not lean on our capabilities. It so imperative we as Christians trust in God whatever we do, when we do that we are surrendering our lives into His hands. Our ways are usually trial and error but God our creator knows what we need b4 we ask. As we enjoy the blessing of living thru another God given year let's put HIM first b4 anything. Let HIM be in the Driving seat. He Understands the desires of our hearts as long as we place b4 anything else He will lead into His path of righteousness and everything else will fall into place.

Be Blessed and be encouraged disclaimer : not my words
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:30pm
When God Says No
Alan Riley

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me." Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."  Matthew 26:36-39 (NIV)

I have two children whom I love dearly. I would do almost anything for them.  I know in my heart that if needed I would lay my life on the line to protect them.  Yet over the years, there have been numerous times that I have said no to their requests.

In most of those cases, they were asking for something that I knew was ultimately not good for them.  Sometimes it broke my heart to say no to them. But as their father I knew what was best for them in the larger scheme of things.

We have a phrase for children who are given everything that they ask for... spoiled brats.

You've met them, I know.  They are obnoxious and arrogant, and not grateful for anything because they had everything handed to them on a silver platter. I'm sure that you also know some of the adult manifestations of that kind of irresponsible parenting.  Those obnoxious and arrogant children became obnoxious and arrogant adults who expected the world to continue to cater to their every whim just like Mommy and Daddy did.

So it is with God.  God knows our needs, and He also sees the "big picture" that you and I cannot see from our limited finite human perspective.  Just as we know when to say no to our children whom we love, God knows when to say no to us.

Now I realize there is a school of thought in the Body of Christ today that holds to the opinion that when we pray in faith, that God always answers in the affirmative.  Some of those who hold to this belief are good friends of mine. Some of them are people who I greatly respect.  But I respectfully differ with them in this area. 

Looking back on my life, I can tell you time after time after time when I earnestly prayed for a certain outcome that now, with the blessing of hindsight I realize was not best for me.  There was a ministry position that I was absolutely convinced God was leading me to.  When God closed that door  - actually "slammed" would be a better description - I was heartbroken and dejected.  Months later I found out that the position I thought was so ideal was actually a horrible situation where there was serious sin in the camp.  Had God given me what I begged Him for in that instance, I would have been in the middle of a colossal mess.

I am certain that if you reflect back on your life, you can relate similar circumstances in your life. Maybe it was a boyfriend or girlfriend that you just knew they were "The One" but after God closed that door you realized in hindsight they weren't.  Maybe it was a house or some other material possession that you asked God for and after He said no you realized that once again He knew best.

We once just knew that God had led us to a certain house.  We even walked around it and prayed, thanking God for leading us to this house and laying claim to it in the spiritual realm.  Two days later the house got sold out from under us.  Again, we were dejected and felt like God ignored us.  He didn't ignore us... He just said no.  Just three months later God clearly opened the door for us to follow Him in obedience to another area of ministry in another state.  If we had bought the house we had our hearts set on, we would have been entangled in that and it would have been difficult to go where God was sending us.  God knew that, so He said no.

I believe that every word of the Bible is there for a reason. I am convinced that God gave us the glimpse into the heart of Jesus as He prayed in the Garden as a model prayer for us.  Basically, Jesus told His Father, "Here's what I want, but more than that, I want what You want. I want Your will to be done."

There have been many times in my life that God answered our prayers in an unmistakable way.  I am so thankful for those times, for they have strengthened my faith.  But I am equally thankful for the times when God said no. 

Because my Father knows best.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:40pm

Your Answer is at the Door
Rev. James C. Matthews

"So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him' ... 'Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists'. ...  'When this had dawned on him, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, also called Mark, where many people had gathered and were praying. Peter knocked at the outer entrance, and a servant girl named Rhoda came to answer the door. When she recognized Peter's voice, she was so overjoyed she ran back without opening it and exclaimed, "Peter is at the door!" "You're out of your mind," they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, "It must be his angel." But Peter kept on knocking, and when they opened the door and saw him, they were astonished. (Acts 12:5,7,12-16, NIV)

One morning during my prayer and devotion time, I ran across a scripture that stopped me in my tracks.  There was something in the text that God wanted me to see.  So I backed up and reread the text again.  Then it hit me!  These believers, who were praying earnestly, weren't expecting their prayers to be answered.  I said to myself:  "How can this be? How can we prayer "earnestly" for something and not believe our answer when it arrives?"  God revealed to me that this happens all the time.  He sends answers to our prayers and they are returned to Him stamped "Unclaimed."

Why is this?  How can we take the time to pray and not expect our answer or recognize it when it comes knocking?  I believe there are three main reasons why this happens.

First, is a "lack of expectation" due to "past experiences".  In looking at the context of this scripture, these individuals had experienced fellow believers being killed, even after they prayed for their release.  They had endured the stoning of Stephen, the slaying of James and now their leader Peter was schedule to be next.  Those who were in the house praying, told the young girl who reported that their prayers had been answered, that she was "out of her mind".  However, we must remember that our past experiences or failures do not determine or dictate God's present or future course of action. Many of the most difficult things that hinder our forward movement in life, are not the things that lay ahead of us, but those things that are behind us that distract us from what is happening in our lives now.  We must expect God to answer our prayers and be on the look out for its manifestation in our lives, regardless of what happened yesterday. The Bible says that he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).

Secondly, prayer in the lives of many believers, has been minimized to being nothing more than a "religious activity or responsibility", instead of it being the heaven moving gift of God.  When we lose sight of the fact that we are calling upon an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Creator God of the universe, who also happens to be "our Father", we can become overwhelmed by the severity of our situation.  We must understand that we are not calling upon another human being or some distant disinterested deity - but our Father who has no limitations. If I can find it in His Word, and agree with what He has said, the facts of my situation will have to line up with the truth of His word.  Facts change everyday, but the truth never changes.   Because I've decided to believe the truth above the fluctuating facts, I have a legitimate expectation of manifestation (answered pray) in my life. Prayer is more than religion or a believer's responsibility, but a relationship with our Father! 

Thirdly, "God's ways are not our ways".  I truly believe, that part of the difficulty those gathered in prayer had in receiving their answer, was that it seemed "too easy".  They prayed and God answered their prayer.  It was that simple!  Believe it or not, this happens more often than you think.  I've discovered that many of us overlook our answers because we "feel" that we haven't toiled, labored or suffered enough to have earned an answer from God. Remember, you are a "son", not a slave!  You don't earn blessings - you receive them!  Jesus said, in Matthew 7:11, "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Therefore, what have you been praying to God about?  Did you know that God is your Father and He wants to bless you?  Do you expect your prayer to be answered?  If not, you need to take a good look around, because the answer to your prayer may have already arrived, and waiting on you to receive it!

thread

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
  Share Topic