Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 11:42am
Don't Let Your Past Hold You Back
Dr. Jack Graham Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on...  Philippians 3:13-14

One of Satan's strongest weapons against Christians is to bring up our past failures and embarrassments to discourage us and tell us that we can't go on for Christ. The devil wants to pile up the rubbish and ruins from our past to block our progress.

Nehemiah and his fellow Jews who went back to Jerusalem to rebuild the city's walls encountered mounds of rubble and other debris from the city's destruction. The fourth chapter of Nehemiah describes the physical rubbish the workers faced, but the principle remains the same in the spiritual world.

The debris they were working around was a reminder of past failures and defeats for Jerusalem. But Nehemiah was there to claim victory, not moan over the past. And many times we must do as Nehemiah did--stand in the area of previous defeat and claim victory for Christ!

If you get caught up in all of the junk of the past, you'll get weighed down and not move forward. Don't let the evil one remind you of your failures... and fail to focus on the blessings of God in your life.

Have you lost confidence today because of failures that still haunt you? If so, I encourage you to follow Paul's advice and forget about them... and strain forward to what lies ahead!

Don't let the piles of rubble from your past keep you from pressing on for Christ!
thread
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 11:45am

Do Not Get Stuck in the Middle�Press On

By Bishop Eddie Long

Today's Scripture Reading: Philippians 3:12-14
     Key Verse: Philippians 3:13-14

Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Have you noticed that God gives us a great and wonderful vision, plus the first and the last steps necessary to attain it? He gives us the first line and the last line of the story, but He never informs us of the fine print.

God does not discuss the "in-between" part, but He will tell us the ultimate goal or aim of the vision. He may even tell us about where we must go, but He never gives us enough to go on apart from faith and total dependence on Him.

One of the reasons so many saints get frustrated is that they settle for less than their destiny. They get stuck in the middle and never press through to the end.

Let me encourage you. Yes, you heard from God. Do not worry about unexpected situations-they are not "unexpected" to God. You and I both know that something inside is telling you that something bigger, better, and greater is waiting for you just on the other side of the middle. So just keep pressing forward until you make it to your dream!

Today's Prayer:

Lord, forgive me for getting stuck in the fine print in the middle. I know that You finish what You start. I determine today to press forward to fulfill my destiny!

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 11:47am

How to Get Rid of Fear 

by Dr Larry Ollison

Fear is negative. Faith is positive. Fear is associated with hate, greed, stress, worrying, sadness, depression, etc. Faith is associated with love, generosity, peace, power, rest and relaxation (not laziness), joy and laughter.

Jehovah God is a God of faith and it takes faith to please Him (Hebrews 11:6). Satan is the author of fear and uses fear in an attempt to destroy faith. Everything that pleases God, Satan hates and faith pleases God.

In order to remove fear, we must develop faith. Here are five basic steps to completely remove fear from your life.

#1 Listen to the Word of God and quit listening to the words of the devil.

"But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil." (Proverbs 1:33)

#2 Speak the Word of God and quit speaking the words of the devil.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." (Proverbs 18:21)

#3 Believe the Word of God and quit believing the words of the devil.

"Jesus said to him, �If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.�" (Mark 9:23)

#4 Act on the Word of God and quit acting on the words of the devil.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." (James 2:26)

#5 Let all your speech and actions be motivated by love and reject all pride and hate from your life.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."   (1 John 4:18)

I understand that a man-made formula to remove fear may not be the answer, but when the above steps become a lifestyle, then faith will grow and faith and love always removes fear.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 11:49am
For a New Beginning, Forsake the World
Bishop Keith Butler

By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.  Hebrews 11:23 (KJV)

Do you want this new year to be have some new beginnings? Then you're going to have to forsake the world system. The world will bombard you with the easy way out. However, you have to decide that by faith God's way is the only way for you.

Moses is a good example of a man who forsook the world. You see Moses was raised in Pharaoh's house. He was someone of privilege and authority. Yet, he had compassion for his Jewish brethren and killed an Egyptian for beating one and he was driven out of Egypt.

It seemed as though Moses was going to spend the rest of his life in the desert, then God approached him and called him to be the deliverer of His people. But there were some steps that led to Moses having his new beginning:

Verse 24, Moses refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter. In other words, he made a decision that he was not going to accept any benefits by any other means than God. If you're going to have an anointed new beginning, you have to refuse to do it any other way than God's way.

Verse 25, Moses chose to go God's way than enjoy the pleasures of sin. You have to make up your mind that as for me and my house; we choose to serve the Lord. This has to be your attitude even if you don't get blessed--to go God's way.

Verse 26, Moses esteemed God's blessing higher than anything man could give him. His attitude was, I would rather get it all from God and nothing from man. You see, you have to stick to this regardless of what men offer you. Yes, you may have to wait a little longer, but that's all right. If I can't have it God's way, I don't want it period.

Then verse 27, Moses forsook Egypt and followed God. When you decide to follow God, many times you will have to go against the wind. Egypt represents the easy way, the sinful way, and the crowded way. It's the way everybody wants to go. But Moses made a decision, and he did it by faith, that was to forsake Egypt.

Listen, God is about giving you a new beginning, but you have to determine that it's going to be God's way or no way.

Scripture References: John 8:12; 12:25; Matthew 16:26; Mark 4:19

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 11:52am

What is Holding Your Relationship Together?

by Dr. Larry Ollison

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."  Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 is a scripture that is used many times in weddings. The threefold cord in the marriage is the husband, the wife, and the Holy Spirit.

Every relationship you have has one invisible partner and that's the cord that ties the relationship together. Whether it's a marriage relationship, a church relationship, a friendship or a business partnership, there is an invisible force that is the third cord that binds them together. If the partners are in agreement with the principles of God and have allowed the relationship to be based on God's Word, then that third cord in the relationship will be the Holy Spirit. This opens the door for blessings from God.

Sadly, not all relationships are bound together by God. It's amazing what ties some people together. Recently a lady was telling me about a long time friendship that she had with a neighbor. Her neighbor was moving to another state and she was concerned that this would terminate the relationship.

I asked her what it was that she and her friend had in common, only to hear the surprising response. She said, "Once a week we get together and have tea and we discuss what's happened recently in the life of "John Doe." We've been doing this for years. It's our own personal soap opera." When I asked her why they always talked about "John Doe," she replied, "That's easy. We both have a mutual hatred for him. He has hurt us both and we enjoy discussing his failures."

It's sad, but the third cord that held these two ladies together in their friendship was a spirit of hatred. Some are tied together by unforgiveness or rebellion. This should not be.

Every relationship worth having should be bound by the Spirit of God. And then instead of the relationship being a weight that will lead to destruction, it will allow the two to withstand evil and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

A relationship based on godly principles and sealed by the binding of the Holy Spirit will be refreshing, peaceful and never burdensome.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 11:53am
nella View Drop Down

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prayer to Release Burdens
    Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 11:53am
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Your Word me to cast my cares upon you. Oh how I want to do that, to bring all my cares to you and leave them at your feet. I do not want to be a worrier, but one whose faith is strong to trust you. I want to bring those burdens and concerns to you, and not keep picking them up and worrying about them. May this year be one of spiritual breakthrough in my life and in the lives of those I love. May our lives be filled with joy and peace through your Spirit. May you be the center and the heart of our homes. May we be more Christlike and less like the world in our everyday lives. Help us and have mercy upon us, dear God. Please forgive us of our sins and guide our steps. In Jesus' name, amen.
thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 1:33pm

Benefits of Praise

By Charles Stanley

READ | Psalm 150

Consider your most recent prayer to the Lord. Did you spend as much time praising Him as you did making requests?

In our selfish society, many people even attend church to get needs met -singing helps emotions, sermons "feed" the flock, and the choir entertains. Our own preferences can overshadow the primary purpose the Creator has for our lives: to exalt Him.

Praise both magnifies and pleases the Lord, but we actually benefit from the practice as well. First, adoration of God modifies our estimation of "self"; it's impossible to truly elevate God while clinging to pride. Instead, we come to recognize our sin, weakness, and dependence upon Him. As Scripture tells us, the Lord's power is manifest when we show genuine humility (2 Cor. 12:10).

Next, praise appropriately humbles us, as it is a reminder of God's greatness and our dependence upon Him. But at the same time, exalting Him strengthens our sense of assurance, thereby increasing our faith. Then we are able to look beyond ourselves and our circumstances to see life from God's perspective. And consider one additional benefit of praise that involves our physical bodies: when we focus on Jesus' goodness, tension leaves and we find new strength. All these supernatural effects of exaltation are possible because as we lift His name, God is present. Psalm 22:3 tells us that He inhabits the praise of His people (KJV).

Think about the Lord's attributes and His work in your life. What can you praise Him for today?

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 1:41pm

Brokenness: The Way to Blessing

By Charles Stanley

READ | 2 Corinthians 2:7-9

No one enjoys heartache. Yet God uses pain to mold His children. Although wonderful, happy times feel great, times of suffering tend to produce growth.

Brokenness is God's way of dealing with the part of us that wants to act independently of Him. He targets areas that hinder His purposes. Then skillfully and lovingly, our Father arranges circumstances that will allow us enough discomfort to realize our dependence upon Him.

The apostle Paul experienced this. After being saved on the road to Damascus, he still needed spiritual growth in order to be most effective for Christ. Therefore, God allowed some type of affliction, which the apostle termed a "thorn."
Three different times, he pleaded with the Lord for its removal, but the thorn remained. Remarkably, Paul's response was gratitude. Even more, he wrote, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor. 12:10).

Like Paul, we can dislike suffering and yet still be confident that God is growing us. His purpose is that we walk in intimate oneness with Him and serve effectively according to His purpose and will. To accomplish this, He has to break us of our rebellion, resistance, and self-will.

If you truly desire to live for Jesus, trust Him enough to pray, "Lord, more than anything else in life, I want to live for You. Please break me of any areas that are not in complete submission to Your will."

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 1:46pm
Finding The Will Of God
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os Hillman
Tuesday, January 13 2009

I desire to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart. - Psalm 40:8

How would you describe the process by which you find and do God's will in your life? For some, finding God's will is like playing bumper cars. We keep going in one direction until we bump into an obstacle, turn, and go in another direction. It is a constant process of elimination, failure, or success. Is this the way God would have us find His will? No. There is much more relationship between hearing God's voice and living within the mystery of His omnipotence in our lives. Perhaps this process is more like water in a streamed. The water is constantly flowing to a final destination. As it presses against the streamed, it gently points the water toward its final destination. There are no abrupt head-on collisions, simply slight modifications of direction. Occasionally, we come to a sharp turn in the contours of our life. For those times, God allows us to stretch our normal response to change. A popular Bible study says that we cannot go with God and stay where we are. Finding and doing God's will always require change. What changes are necessary in your life to join God in what He is already doing?

There is a direct connection between finding and doing God's will and having God's law in our heart. A friend once complained that he did not know what God wanted of him in his life. My immediate response was, "How much time do you spend with God in Bible study, prayer, and meditation on Scripture?" "Only a few minutes a day," he replied. How can we expect to hear and discern God's voice if we don't spend focused time with Him? If you have a spouse, how did you get to know him or her before you were married? You spent time together. You got to know everything about each other. Our walk with God is no different. It isn't enough to have a desire to follow God; we must put our energy into getting to know Him. His will for us flows out of our relationship, it is not an end in itself. Commit yourself to seeking Him more in your life by spending more time with Him. "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" (Jer. 33:3).

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 1:50pm

When You Find Yourself in Times of Trouble . . .
by Dr.Larry Ollison

Several years ago the Beatles wrote a song that said, "When you find yourself in times of trouble . . .let it be." This may be a good philosophy in the world, but for the Christian, it can be the kiss of death.

As Christians, if we ignore problems and put our head in the sand, that means we are not using the authority that was given to us by Jesus. Unless we take authority and speak to the problems of life, the problems of life will overpower us. We cannot "let it be."

Once Jesus and His disciples were on a boat together. Jesus was asleep and resting when a violent storm came. The boat was being tossed by the wind and waves to the extent that the disciples thought they were going to die. In their panic they woke up Jesus and Jesus could easily see that they did not have the situation under control. Jesus got up and turned toward the storm and rebuked it. He said, "Peace, be still." Immediately the storm stopped and there was calm.

When we look at this incident that took place with Jesus and His disciples on the boat, of course we know that Jesus did not ignore the situation. He spoke to the problem and the problem went away. But why is it that the disciples were unable to solve the problem? The answer is quite simple. They did nothing. They simply "let it be."

Yes, the disciples expended a lot of energy. They panicked. They cried out in fear. They summoned Jesus. They were in despair. They did a lot of things, but they didn't do the right thing. And when you don't do the right thing, it's the same as doing nothing. You cannot overcome the problems in life unless you take proper action using the authority given by Jesus.

Years ago I worked in the office with a person who was always busy. Every moment of their time was spent doing something. However, this person was extremely unproductive and never really accomplished anything. Why? Because he was always doing something irrelevant that was not a part of his job description. He was constantly working and never accomplishing anything.

As Christians we cannot be this way. We must make our actions count. We must act on the Word and we must take authority. We cannot ignore the problems of life, nor can we allow them to put us into panic mode. We must take authority in the name of Jesus and command the storms of life to cease. Only then will there be calm.

"Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm" (Mark 4:39).

thread

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
  Share Topic