BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

insomnia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
mzsista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: insomnia
    Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 1:56pm
I ahve a problem.I can fall asleep at night with no problems,but i can't stay asllep.This has been going on for a while now,and I'm looking to get an over the counter sleep aid.any suggestions? please help.
Sponsored Links

chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:09pm
I wnded up getting a ambein prescription from my doctor,but she told me if needed to pop some benadryl..
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:14pm
exercise.

ambien is probably one of the most dangerous drugs ive ever taken.  i didnt trust myself on it at all but it was very effective.
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:18pm
Have you tried melatonin?
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:22pm
It will have you hungry & horny,but you will get some sleep.Works best when taken on an empty stomach...Take when you're in the process of laying down..First few times will have you slightly groggy,and operating in copilot mode until your body adjusts to the medication dose.I take half of my 10 mg tablet.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:27pm
This is me every night. I can't stay asleep and I can hear everything when I'm sleeping. 3am like clock work I'm up and looking at the ceiling then wont fall back to sleep until 6:30 and I get up at 7am. A shot of rum is what I've been taking before going to bed everynight but the downfall to that you start forming that pop belly syndrome.

I tried that Melatonin and that doesn't work. My friends have told me Ambien is the debil in pill form and will have to hallucinating and have you looking like a crackhead. No bueno me no want.
mzsista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:33pm
I never tried anything yet,but something has to give.I usually also wake up abot 3 a.m. and fall back to sleep about 3 hours later,but wake right back up.
Last night I went to sleep at about 10.woke up at 12:45,dozed back off after 4,but kept waking about 10 minutes on and off.Then was right back up for 6 to get ready for work.didn't even need the alarm.

bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 3:49pm
Promethazine helps

I was prescribed it a few times to take with pain meds...and when I was pregnant n couldn't sleep.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 6:25pm
otc - advil pm or melatonin [haven't used but suggested by others]

rx - trazadone (also an antidepressant), restoril 

bed should only be for sleep. dont even go in the bedroom unless it's for sleep. turn all lights and tv off. if necessary, get thicker curtains to keep light out 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

Promethazine helps

I was prescribed it a few times to take with pain meds...and when I was pregnant n couldn't sleep.
True . Read the label if you are going the OTC route op . I see so many people in the ER with early Liver damage due to Acetaminophen . Avoid any medicine with PM on the box like Excerderine pm  . I take DH or melatonin .

Edited by india100 - Aug 05 2013 at 9:21pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic