Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Insomnia: Losing my damn mind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:18am
Preaching to the choir ......I was tempted to try a over the counter sleep aid but that type of shh freaks me out...I dont wanna become dependent on anything like that.
Sponsored Links

val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote val48066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:35am
sleepytime tea or valerian root pills 
dede0122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dede0122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:50am
I did as a child. I had to have been the only 10 year old that was up all night watching reruns of the love boat and the Bob Newhart show. My mom switched up the types off food I ate. I remember drinking a lot of tea and long hot baths. She even got rid of my bright yellow walls....I loved my yellow room. I was so bored being up by myslf that I started a chewed up gum collection on my head board. Not sure if anything worked or if I just out grew it.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:54am
sorry about your unemployment. i don't have any tips...i love to sleep
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:29am
Hmmm, radio and reading works well. I'll read in bed with the radio on and it helps me ease my mind into sleep mode.

Exercise helps as well. It helps get you tired when it is time for bed.

I've taken OTC sleep meds to get back into a normal sleep pattern and they do help you get to sleep but that's it.

Do you consume a caffeine? Sometimes that can interfere with sleep too.
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:48am
I've been having the same issues lately... there is so much going on in my head that it's impossble to turn it off at times... I was taking melatonin at first until I realized the sh*t wasn't helping then I started taking Zquil on weekends becasue I tried during the week and it was absolute hell trying to get up for work on time... I must say the Zquil along with exercising (tires my body) has helped me a lot, I mean I don't get to sleep by 9:30/10 like I use to but I'll settle 12/1 over no sleep at all...  
I think I do have an OCDesque personality but I have so much going on in my life rght now and being away from my fam. doesnt help.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:21am
Insomnia is a bitch. I have a lot of nights like that. That's why I'm always on the forum so late at night lol

I just took some sleeping pills a min ago...That's my only solution for now besides sex. It works for a lil while but I just need it for work. If I don't take it, I would be up the whole day irritated.
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:42am

I've had this problem on and off for years. Only because my work shift changes from day to overnight every quarter. It was hard to adjust in the beginning, but I don't have any problems.

Things that worked for me...not trying to be funny but, an orgasm will help.  If you don't have a hubby to hump, invest in a sex toy or use your fingers. Instant stress reliever and sleep aid!

If you're against that idea, try aroma therapy. Get an oil burner and invest in relaxing essential oils like Lavender or  Eucalyptus, use a carrier oil like olive oil..etc..burn it in your bedroom 1 hr before bedtime so the room can be scented by the time youre ready for bed. Put a few drops of Lavender oil on your pillow and try to relax your mind. I make the room dark and cool, curl up in a warm comforter straight from the dryer, and I'm out within 10 mins.

If all else fails, NyQuil makes a sleep aid, I think it's ZZZ-Quil or something. My co-worker swears by it.

uNaTtaiNAblE88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uNaTtaiNAblE88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:44am
I have trouble falling asleep, but once i'm asleep, I get 8-10hours, not sure if that's insomnia. I tried to take melatonin but it was giving me really scary vivid dreams, so be careful with that. What I try to do is exercise right before bed so that I'm body tired, and then I listen to repetitive chanting on youtube so that my mind has something to latch on to instead of racing around. 
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Allure. Allure. wrote:

I've had this problem on and off for years. Only because my work shift changes from day to overnight every quarter. It was hard to adjust in the beginning, but I don't have any problems.

Things that worked for me...not trying to be funny but, an orgasm will help.  If you don't have a hubby to hump, invest in a sex toy or use your fingers. Instant stress reliever and sleep aid!

If you're against that idea, try aroma therapy. Get an oil burner and invest in relaxing essential oils like Lavender or  Eucalyptus, use a carrier oil like olive oil..etc..burn it in your bedroom 1 hr before bedtime so the room can be scented by the time youre ready for bed. Put a few drops of Lavender oil on your pillow and try to relax your mind. I make the room dark and cool, curl up in a warm comforter straight from the dryer, and I'm out within 10 mins.

If all else fails, NyQuil makes a sleep aid, I think it's ZZZ-Quil or something. My co-worker swears by it.

Girl you ain't neva lied about this here!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic