Topic ClosedInfant care

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
belladiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Infant care
    Posted: Jun 06 2010 at 11:22am
Hi. I'm having a baby girl in August. I would like to know some basic tips for caring for her hair when she gets here. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Divamama0609 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:49am
Hi bellediva...congrats on your little princess

I just had a daughter 13 months ago let me tell you for babies 2 and under simple is the way to go. No harsh chemicals or excessive styles on her gentle scalp.
She was born with very curley and soft hair. I used to wash she hair with jonhson and johsnon no tear shamppo but I HAVE since stooped and invested in a sulfate free children shamppo ...I now use tiny twirls line from kinky curley since she was about 9 months. I always moisturized her hair with EVOO OR COCONUT OIL nothing else and some unrefined shea butter.
i started styling her hair as it got longer into  to pigtails when she was about 6 months ++ but I neve use rubberbands those things are harsh on babies hair.
Because there hair changes so much during the first 2 years...that's why i say keep it clean and simple. 

belladiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 12:38pm
Thanks so much for the tips!!
Splendor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 1:47pm
Keep it simple at the infant stage.

Wash 1x a week and just shower her with lots of love! Congrats.
mscocobrwn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 12:18pm
I agree with the ladies. Simple is the best way to go. Wash 1x weekly and moisturize with the oils. Congrats
belladiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2010 at 7:17am
Thanks mscocobrwn
allanweary View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2010 at 6:00am
Keeping the babys hair the way it is now is not something we control. That is controlled by genetics. The hair babys are born with always falls out making way for the hair that may change texture, look and color even well into their teens. Your focus should be helping them care for their hair as best you can. I have not focused specifically on childrens hair. My focus was on hair growth for black women when the hair breaks off repeatedly. When chemicals and abuse are the reasons for short hair.

Mrs. October View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 8:55am
This is a good question.  i too am having a little girl this  year and have no idea where to even begin with a hair regimen and at what stage.
cochrangirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2010 at 2:51pm
My advice is to not have any tight ponytails.  I make sure my daughter's hair is not pulled too tight.  She does get these fine red bumps near her edges even with the softest touch.  I make sure that I'm gentle in these areas when I'm combing, styling, or braiding her hair.  I don't let her sleep in bands either.  I'll take them out and plat her hair if it's not braided.   
jazzyj1989 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2010 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Divamama0609 Divamama0609 wrote:

Hi bellediva...congrats on your little princess

I just had a daughter 13 months ago let me tell you for babies 2 and under simple is the way to go. No harsh chemicals or excessive styles on her gentle scalp.
She was born with very curley and soft hair. I used to wash she hair with jonhson and johsnon no tear shamppo but I HAVE since stooped and invested in a sulfate free children shamppo ...I now use tiny twirls line from kinky curley since she was about 9 months. I always moisturized her hair with EVOO OR COCONUT OIL nothing else and some unrefined shea butter.
i started styling her hair as it got longer into  to pigtails when she was about 6 months ++ but I neve use rubberbands those things are harsh on babies hair.
Because there hair changes so much during the first 2 years...that's why i say keep it clean and simple. 

I was going to say the same things.  I shampoo my daughter's hair with Kids Organic Moisturizing Shea Butter Shampoo. It's sulfate free, tear-free and smells delicious. I bought it at Family Dollar and it came in a 2pk with some shea butter moisturizer for about $2.50.  U don't want to use johnson & johnson shampoo because it can be very drying.  Coconut Oil is really good when baby first comes home as a hair moistuzer and it is also good for Baby Eczema, which is a problem alot of babies have when they are first born.  HTH.  Congrats on the BABY GIRL!!!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic