Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inexpensive Healthy Eating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 3:49pm
Took that youtubers advice and made my dinner for the week... I made turkey pasta and veggies with Alfredo sauce, spinach salad, and whole grain rolls ...stay tuned for pics, the recipe, and where I got everything! I'm kinda excited about this I love to challenge my creativity.... Thanks everyone for your input! *besos*
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 4:59pm
That sounds good Cole. Update US. I'd be interested in hearing what kinda healthy cheap meals you've made.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by colemlrch colemlrch wrote:

How do you freeze? In water or dry?

I wash them pat then dry and freeze them. I Blanch them in warm water to defrost pat dry then eat.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:19pm
I just came back from picking up a few things. I was down to.my last 24$ and my cravings are kicking in lol.

Kale : 1.33
Bananas 1.47
Bonless 8 pack of pork chops 3.06
1lb butter: .99
Whole tomatoes: .99
Kiwi 4 for 1.00
Whole grain pasta .99
8oz Colby Jack cheese 1.99
Pancake mix 32oz 2.79 ( this was a splurge)

This was a total of 14.61
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:39pm
^^^
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 5:37pm
Damn good guhl! What are your meal plans for the week?
Sn: working on my last final I will post my dinner when I'm done!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 5:59pm
I had some thinly sliced chicken breasts, I sauteed them with cayanne pepper,garlic,onion, black pepper & Paprika. In another pan I heated up my tomatoes with garlic and onion then added the Kale I let it cook for no more than 2 minutes. I removed from heat added the pasta and tossed in some grated cheese. It was awesome!
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 4:15pm
Ok y'all WHEW!! Done with finals so here we go!
I used:
Leftover turkey from thanksgiving
Green onions
Spinach
Mushrooms
Bottled Alfredo sauce
Whole wheat thin spaghetti
Whole canned tomatoes
Whole grain rolls

I sautéed the veggies and added the sauce
Thawed my turkey by boiling it with the noodles and my broccoli
Put it all together. Seasoned and served with the warm roll and Parmesan cheese on top.
Chopped my spinach up put onions and shrooms in it and a hard boiled egg.
My boo loved it and so did I!

I want some black bean burgers and baked sweet potatoe fries next YUMMM!
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:01pm
I made black bean burgers last week and black bean sweet potato chili this week both were phenomenal and I have pics... Gimme a sec to switch to my phone
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 2:06am
I read that some people spray apple cider vinegar on non-organic fruits and veggies to remove the wax from the pesticides.
You spray it on them, let is sit for a few minutes, and then wash them. That way you are eating healthy and not blowing up your money on organic food.

My mom has a friend who has a farm, and the woman said that for sure something is put in the organic food sold in stores, because the woman never had apples so red like the ones from the organic produce.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style