Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inexpensive Healthy Eating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 6:39am
Lentils are really cheap and are quite versatile.
Use them in stews, lentil burgers, in salads etc
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 6:44am
Frozen fruits and vegetables.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 7:43am
Pasta, get store brand sauce or the one in the can or to can make pasta without sauce. Just need some olive oil and fresh veggies and tomatoes
Also can make your own Mac n cheese and cut up tomatoes on top

Chicken with cut up bell peppers, onions, seasoning with rice and beans. Can eat with tortillas too like a fajita

Eggs, I saw a gluten free recipe online where to make pancakes with just 2 eggs and cut up bananas.

Whoever mentioned tilapia got it right just buy lemons and bake
Potatoes are good, you can dress up a baked potato with whatever toppings you want
Chili
Make stew, it will last, can put potatoes and veggies with cut up meat, can make your own chicken soup. Use onion and chicken with spices, can add rice or veggies

Edited by indiecat - Dec 12 2013 at 7:46am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I always recommend checking out reddit because there are a bunch of threads on this subject. reddit.com/r/frugal or reddit.com/r/eatcheapandhealthy.

Check out churches and food banks in your area to get some free food, you'd be surprised what you get. Make friends with the people who work in dining services at your school and find out when they're going to get rid of food so you can get it before it hits the trash.

If you know anyone with a costco membership roll with them and get some basics. It's much cheaper there. Rice, beans, frozen veggies with meat as a seasoning will get you super far. Also make friends with the produce manager at your local grocery store and find out when they put the fresh produce for sale.

The hardest part about eating on no money is the monotony. Most people can't fathom eating the same meal 3x a day. But honestly, as long as you're not starving you just have to force yourself to be happy with it. It's cheaper to eat the same few meals than to try to make all sorts of different stuff.

Oh and check out the blog Budget Bytes. She has tons of recipes for super cheap and she breaks it all down by price.

hardest part for me

I hope to one be able to get over my issue with this
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 4:24pm
Make cabbage soup it is healthy and keeps well.
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 4:42pm
Any personal favorites on recipes? Think I'm gonna make some black bean yam chili I saw online tonight
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:34pm
-Frozen broccoli packs...add salt/pepper/cheddar cheese.. I eat this instead of mac n cheese to satisfy my cheese cravings..
-Like someone mentioned smoked turkey, really cheap, healthier than pork, add with some beans. I eat my sh*t plain though. 
-I always buy the bag of apples/oranges mixed. 
-head of lettuce, chopped boiled eggs, cheese, pepper, turkey bacon bits, little salad dressing of your choice. 
-scrambled eggs with onions/tomatoes..
-chicken legs..baked w/seasons of your choice. 
-the store's cooked whole chicken are relatively cheap. 
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

Pasta, get store brand sauce or the one in the can or to can make pasta without sauce. Just need some olive oil and fresh veggies and tomatoes
Also can make your own Mac n cheese and cut up tomatoes on top

Chicken with cut up bell peppers, onions, seasoning with rice and beans. Can eat with tortillas too like a fajita

Eggs, I saw a gluten free recipe online where to make pancakes with just 2 eggs and cut up bananas.

Whoever mentioned tilapia got it right just buy lemons and bake
Potatoes are good, you can dress up a baked potato with whatever toppings you want
Chili
Make stew, it will last, can put potatoes and veggies with cut up meat, can make your own chicken soup. Use onion and chicken with spices, can add rice or veggies
I love the fajita idea! Want to make some arroz con pollo...
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 9:43pm
That reddit post was thesht.com!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 10:21pm
A head of cabbage is cheap and can feed you for a solid week.  Look for cold weather vegetables like kale, cabbage, collards, and root vegetables to sustain you and they are in season and will be cheap.  Otherwise hit the frozen vegetable aisle and load up when they are on sale.  Good luck OP.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>