Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inexpensive Healthy Eating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:52pm
that sucks donkey balls!

girl, next semester see if you can get a part time work study gig and they'll definitely approve you. 
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:54pm
the fresh stuff is hard, and sometimes i do find myself having to go for canned despite the salt content. like for tomatoes, i just don't eat them enough to buy a pack of four. so when i do need them, i just use the canned. or just get one or two fresh. I make more trips to the store for fresh, but I think i waste less food.

broccoli i always get frozen. cauliflower can be either or for me since they take on the flavor of whatever you put on. onions, chop your own. carrots last a good while fresh. cucumbers dont last but they are cheap.

i try to make list each week so im not just buying whatever, but my taste buds take over

for 10-12 dollars/week, i would make the bulk of meals proteins and canned veggies for those that aren't cheap/easily perishable. brown rice or beans to fill you
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

great advice so far. 

my two cents

i think the easiest way to keep it simple while staying within your budget is to either keep a journal or make a list of the foods you ate last week for example, think of the foods that you know aren't good for you and come of with a healthier alternative. 

ex. if you normally have two scrambled eggs, toast with jelly, sausage and cranberry juice for breakfast, try to cut the two eggs down to one, consider boiling it instead of frying, either eliminate the toast all together or make sure it is whole wheat whole grain--without the jelly, bake your sausage instead of frying it and drink club soda with a splash of cran to cut out all that sugar. 

basically it's about staying in your comfort zone and making small changes to what you normally eat (at least in the beginning until you're ready to stop eating bread sausage all together) and that takes away the pressure of "dieting". plus it keeps you from breaking the bank. 

it's hard. girl, i know. but baby steps can make a world of difference. 

I'm not really concerned with cutting food groups out per se just getting more bang for my buck you know? I know what I NEED to eat i just have to find ways to do so with what I have.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:58pm
yeah, i think i misinterpreted your first post. don't mind me lol.  LOL 

listen to southern. she gave great advice.
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:59pm
Congrats on the weight loss, cole.

I'll be taking notes. My kind of thread.
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

yeah, i think i misinterpreted your first post. don't mind me lol.  LOL 

listen to southern. she gave great advice.
Oh no disrespect I'm open to everyones suggestions! Thank you!
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

Congrats on the weight loss, cole.

I'll be taking notes. My kind of thread.
Thanx babe!
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

the fresh stuff is hard, and sometimes i do find myself having to go for canned despite the salt content. like for tomatoes, i just don't eat them enough to buy a pack of four. so when i do need them, i just use the canned. or just get one or two fresh. I make more trips to the store for fresh, but I think i waste less food.

broccoli i always get frozen. cauliflower can be either or for me since they take on the flavor of whatever you put on. onions, chop your own. carrots last a good while fresh. cucumbers dont last but they are cheap.

i try to make list each week so im not just buying whatever, but my taste buds take over

for 10-12 dollars/week, i would make the bulk of meals proteins and canned veggies for those that aren't cheap/easily perishable. brown rice or beans to fill you
All sounds good! That tomato thing is a great idea I never eat a whole tomato!
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:07pm
no offense taken. i just realized that the advice i offered isn't what you need in this situation. 
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:09pm
shoot i live on a budget & i do it cause taste wise i whip restaurant food azzLOL
i play lunch lady once a month wake up early in the morning make a pot of beans (your choice what kind) with smoked turkey tail meat once it gets cool i directly put em in individual serving usually yields 9 to 11 individual containersWink i do the same with greens and make italian spaghetti better than stouffers/ michellanas/ budget gourmet & save heavenly money...just try itStar
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>