Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inexpensive Healthy Eating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inexpensive Healthy Eating
    Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:21pm
Hey y'all! I'm wondering what are some cheap healthy food choices? I recently lost almost 20 lbs and won the biggest loser competition at my school unfortunately I also lost my job smh! I'm having a hard time coming up with healthy inexpensive food choices and wanted a little guidance from my BHM peeps. Any suggestions on grocery lists or meal plans I could follow weekly? Thanks in advance guys! Fitness is free but food most certainly is NOT! All tips are welcome!
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:33pm
no plans, but stay on the outside of the aisles. eat real food, not prepackaged stuff. for example: a pack of chicken breasts on the outside aisle is much cheaper than a bag of pre-cooked chicken or pre-seasoned chicken strips. 

grapefruit, oranges, and apples last much longer than grapes, strawberries, and bananas.  but if you wanna buy the latter, eat them within the week 

beans are cheap as sh*t and fill you up

buy a head of lettuce or cabbage instead of a bag. 

as a student i've taken advantage of assistance (bite me), and it can be done. 
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:37pm
what;s your budget?
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:41pm
Veggies are good. Just get the cheap fresh veggies and look at different ways to prepare them online. When you season it just right it's so damn good.
Maybe some brown rice and dried beans. 
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:44pm
great advice so far. 

my two cents

i think the easiest way to keep it simple while staying within your budget is to either keep a journal or make a list of the foods you ate last week for example, think of the foods that you know aren't good for you and come of with a healthier alternative. 

ex. if you normally have two scrambled eggs, toast with jelly, sausage and cranberry juice for breakfast, try to cut the two eggs down to one, consider boiling it instead of frying, either eliminate the toast all together or make sure it is whole wheat whole grain--without the jelly, bake your sausage instead of frying it and drink club soda with a splash of cran to cut out all that sugar. 

basically it's about staying in your comfort zone and making small changes to what you normally eat (at least in the beginning until you're ready to stop eating bread sausage all together) and that takes away the pressure of "dieting". plus it keeps you from breaking the bank. 

it's hard. girl, i know. but baby steps can make a world of difference. 

Edited by noneyons - Dec 11 2013 at 9:46pm
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:46pm
Girl I wish they would approve me for these stamps honey! Lol Idgaf how nobody feels about it i've paid into this system dammit I want something back! Ur right about the beans and I got some tilapia in the freezer right now. My dilemma is with the fresh stuff you know? And I have high nutrition knowledge so Im picky about nutritionally defunct foods...sigh! Why America?!
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

what;s your budget?
I just hustle here and there so I only get 10-20 dollars randomly every week so I need things that won't perish easily.
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:48pm
And I know cheap veggies but what kind would you say run cheaper with the most nutritional value @CR
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:49pm
dang, that's a tight budget. 

why they wont give you stamps?

anyway, frozen veggies are just as good if not better than fresh veggies, they last longer of course and they're way cheaper. 
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

dang, that's a tight budget. 

why they wont give you stamps?

anyway, frozen veggies are just as good if not better than fresh veggies, they last longer of course and they're way cheaper. 
Bc Im a student..like wtf sense does that make?!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>