Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Industry secrets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 6:49pm
The funeral on is why my family believes in cremation......
Sponsored Links

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 9:32pm
Very interesting. Great link, op!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 10:31pm
From the reddit site in regards to telemarketers that use the 000-000-0000:

Here's how to make that number stop:

1. Press *57 right after you hang up. This puts a request in to the phone company to trace the call.

2. Write down the exact date and time of each call, the "number" they called from, the company name (see if you can find out by talking to the rep nicely the first time they call and getting some info).

3. After they continue to call despite you asking each time to be removed from the list, call the police department and file a harassment report. (I have Cox and they will only give trace request info to the police...they said it is too expensive to do all the time for regular civilians or some b.s., I know I hate bothering the police with this too, but if that's what Cox is gonna make me do then so be it. The police can ask them to change their policy when it gets excessive.)

4. Also call the FCC and file complaints against the company (if you got the company name out of the rep on the phone) and KEEP THE REFERENCE NUMBERS. You should give the police the FCC reference numbers and give the FCC the police report numbers.

I know this is a huge hassle, but after I did this the 000-000-0000 calls completely stopped.

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 10:33pm
Good thread OP. reddit is a very good place if you want info on anything and entertainment. Im on there probably more than Im on here. Too bad they're all racist/sexist neckbeards.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Aug 23 2013 at 10:33pm
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:51pm
nice read... thanks op
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 12:42am

Former prison guard.

There are COs that take real pleasure in torturing and beating up inmates. There is are also bets placed on fights when they 'accidentally' open two cell doors.

The 'good" COs who actually want to help are often blackballed and called 'carebears', and most end up conforming or at least keep their mouth shut.

Prison is sh*t for everyone, it is THE most unnatural environment, even moreso than war, and brings out the absolute worst in everyone.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 12:43am
Former paramedic here. I've never once checked, judged, or cared whether you had on clean underwear. Your parents lied.

LOL
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 12:46am
Olive oil...hmmm...I can almost believe.  It's like Lace Wigs.  The sh*t became popular and all of a sudden you have olive oil in white and black hair care products not to mention the fact that folks are buying extra virgin olive oil specifically for their hair...not just to eat anymore.  Same thing with this so called Morroccan oil.  IMO.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:03am

I work for a UPS store. Here is a few things I have learned since working here...

Writing fragile on your package means nothing.

Your package WILL get thrown around, dropped, and beaten up; if it is breakable then according to our guidelines for properly packaged items it needs to withstand 1000lbs of pressure and a 4ft dtop.

UPS capital claims is terrible as well they will do whatever they can to not pay you the amount you insure your package for.

EDIT: After being on reddit for over a year THIS is the post that gets the most upvotes? Lol

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:14am
ok...after this i'll stop.LOL

Worked for an international Christian charity in a third-world country, and now I work for a Fortune 500 company.

Pretty much all that money raised goes to the upper management. The CEOs of charities live as lavishly and expensively as the CEOs of the stereotypically big evil greedy megacorporations we all love to hate.

Recently an article made the front page that pointed out dozens of charities where less than 5% of the money raised by your donations actually went to the cause they were claiming, in some cases it was even zero percent. And all legal.

Also, unlike the big greedy corporations, charities aren't scrutinized as thoroughly by regulations / oversight / governments / etc as exemplified by Bernie Madoff's whole thing.

Charities also have armies of naiive volunteers doing the real grunt work for next to free. At least in a big greedy corporation, you're usually getting paid for your work. Christian / religious charities are the worst at stuff like this, because they feed their volunteers the whole "we're doing this work for God, not for money" bullsh*t while their CEOs live just like the CEOs of those banks we all loathe.

Basically, don't just throw money at charities and be all happy that you're making the world a better place. Do a lot of research first.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>