Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 48>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 8:51pm
I tried the Liquid Gold and the Green Magic and just can't get over the smell. Maybe I just used too much. The way I used it was put some on at night, baggy, and wash it out in the morning. It had everything smelling like sulfur. How do you handle the smell?
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 3:10pm
The smell wasn't that strong to me. But I've also tried doing my own sulfur mix and it was a disaster. The sulfur would never mix properly and it stunkDead, no matter how much peppermint oil I dumped in it. 
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 5:36pm
@model Maybe I used too much. I tried making my own and it stank too. DeadIt was messed up too when I made my own because I saved a lot of money since I can get sulfur powder for like $2 at the convenience store. There is one convenience store in my city that sells it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 11:39am
Ok so I finally had free time to wash my hair yesterday AND do a henna/amla rinse on it. :)

I had a bit of a growth spurt from earlier this month when I did a length check. In my length check pic (5th from the end) it looks like the same length as the early March length check, but I think whats happening is all of my hair is now this length in the back since when I took my marley twists down in January, I had some unevenness from the ~2" I lost of texlaxed ends.

One thing is for sure I definitely have increased thickness. And my hair feels extra fluffy! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigapplestyle/sets/72157630289514514/
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 11:49am
Love your texture ^
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:00pm
Love your hair. Clap
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:17pm

Congratulations with your growth Modelbusiness..

I had tried 10000mcg biotin and 3 spoons msm powder/day and still only grow 1/4 inch a month after one month trial. So now I am waiting on a bottle of Maxi-hair to get here. I hope I will get some growth increase with that
This pic is from 2/23 but its the same now
undefined
Good luck everyone

I collected data on the Mineral Rich, the Hairfinity and my cheaper Maxi-hair selection. Here is what I found today online for your perusal.

Maxi- Hair Ingredients
undefined
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, stearic acid, ligosaccharides, magnesium stearate, cellulose & glycerin coating, silica, calcium silicate, natural vanilla

So actually Maxi-Hair has overall MORE nutrients than Hairfinity.

HairFinity Ingredients

undefined

So since Biotin/MSM alone did not cut it for me... I am going with the knockoff Hairfinity called Maxi-Hair. I was about to bite the bullet and buy Hairfinity for $30/month but I researched and found this Maxi-Hair and also Maxi-Hair PLUS. The Plus version has double the biotin. I did not get the Plus but just the normal Maxi-Hair. Now I just bought 90 Maxi-hair vitamins for $15.00 online (shipping included) instead of 60 Hairfinitty for $30 something. So I got a month and a half worth of pills for less than 1/2 the price of one month of Hairfinity.They do appear to be basically imitations of one another based on the ingredient list. AND Maxi Hair has BETTER reviews on Amazon than Hairfinity. Those who say they are Afr Am in the reviews, seem to say they get 3/4 inch- 1 inch /month with Maxi Hair. While some other people say they get over an inch/month with Maxi Hair. This is from reading reviews of Maxi-Hair on Amazon.com. I would be VERY happy to get 3/4 inch /month instead of the 1/4 inch I am averaging now with what I am taking Ermm

Now my money is important to me. I don't know if I can afford to pay $30/month for the Hairfinity pills. But I do think I can swing the $10/month for th Maxi-Hair with the same ingredients, more nutrients, 2 strengths and a much cheaper price tag. Will update with results... please wish me luck

PS:
Just to compare.... here are Mineral Rich's ingredients.... (it appears the weakest in some ingredients but has the highest silica content and their trace mineral complex) If I can't afford to add this to my regie, I will get a cheapo silica supplement from Walmart to take along with my cheap Maxi-hair.... I guess I sound cheap huh?  Embarrassed

Mineral Rich Ingredients
undefined

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 25 2013 at 5:29pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 8:15pm
In order to see full benefits of a supplement you should take it consistently for 90 days. Remember the hair is the last to receive the nutrients. Your body uses your nutrients to keep the more important organs functioning first

Coming up the end of April this challenge will have taken place for 90 days and for some more than that. I did the official start date from January 1st.

Almost time for result summaries again and progress pictures.
How did all those who are left do?

relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 8:23pm
I finally finished up my second bottle. It has taken 2 1/2 months but I will be starting my third bottle tomorrow. I know I will havr to switch because I cannot take these huge vitamins forever but so far so good. I should have an update this weekend
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:59pm
I just started my 3rd bottle of HF. But for the most part I've been taking some form of HSN since 2011. So even when I fell off for 2 weeks in December, I still had it in my system I guess. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 48>
  Share Topic