Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 48>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 9:04pm
^Amber,

I love your curl pattern and thickness!!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend and stayed on top of their vitamin and water intake.  I am finding it easier to stay on top pf the vitamins as opposed to the water but am working on it everyday!
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 9:24pm
Good evening ladies!
Looking good Amber!

Well I have been little nervous lately about some stuff, so I have been slack with my vitamins and water.
But, I have been eating really, really well. I had salmon for dinner yesterday, it was sooooo good!!!!!!!!
I have been eating a carrot or two everyday for the last 2-3 weeks. Gotta get my vitamin A and C in! Plus carrots make such a good snack, I buy just regular carrots not the baby carrots. Yummy!

Okay here are my result pictures for the challenge thus far. I started this challenge measuring my bangs with a measuring tape, but no matter how many pictures I have taken, I do not feel you can see clearly where my bangs stop. But they are 9 inches now!ClapClapClap To God be the glory for life!

So going forward I will continue to use my bangs to measure my growth rate, but I will just use my face to show where my bangs have grown to. I will continue to measure also, just so I know. But I think it is easier to see my hair when I show where it stops on my face. 

Anyways, here are my results so far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 11:10am
Veemack:

beautiful hair and great progress!!  How I can't wait for my hair to attain your length.

I was going through my pantry and noticed that i have an unopened bottle of garlic pills so I started to take those today along with the HF.  I have noticed when i take down my cornrows there are both long and short strands of hair and my hair feels brittle which is odd due to LOC 1-2x daily.  I have now opted to do two strand or flat twists under my wig to see if there is any difference in how my hair feels. 

As well, i am beginning to get weary of wig wearing and was thinking to change things up.  My issue is that with swimming I need to wash my hair on a weekly basis so any style will just end up a frizzy mess

Any suggestions?
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 7:41pm
i'm glad about your results.. but i took all them vitamins from Max Living, and I do love them.. I felt good and loved the results, but i have to say when taking them and the Mineral rich i never saw any results for hair growth.. I took them for a few years too.. but I can say they do wonderful things for your body.. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i'm glad about your results.. but i took all them vitamins from Max Living, and I do love them.. I felt good and loved the results, but i have to say when taking them and the Mineral rich i never saw any results for hair growth.. I took them for a few years too.. but I can say they do wonderful things for your body.. 
The Mineral Rich is the only vitamin I have ever ordered from Max Living. Not sure I will order another bottle right now, because I want to try Hairfinity, But I will go back to the Mineral rich because it is a good mineral supplement due to it being liquid it absorbs better into our bodies.......You say the vitamins you took did well for your body but not your hair growth? The hair is a part of your body, if it helped with your metabolism then it increased your hair growth. It all works together. Maybe you already get a good amount of hair growth per month so you didn't really notice a difference. For me, my hair growth rate is on the slow end of 1/4 inch per month, sometimes 1/8, so when it increases I notice a difference. But I do have to lightly press or stretch my hair to notice a difference. My hair is very tightly coily, so it is hard to notice a length difference without stretching it out, I only truly see it when I flat iron it, which is rarely.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 8:20am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Veemack:

beautiful hair and great progress!!  How I can't wait for my hair to attain your length.

I was going through my pantry and noticed that i have an unopened bottle of garlic pills so I started to take those today along with the HF.  I have noticed when i take down my cornrows there are both long and short strands of hair and my hair feels brittle which is odd due to LOC 1-2x daily.  I have now opted to do two strand or flat twists under my wig to see if there is any difference in how my hair feels. 

As well, i am beginning to get weary of wig wearing and was thinking to change things up.  My issue is that with swimming I need to wash my hair on a weekly basis so any style will just end up a frizzy mess

Any suggestions?
Oh sweetie I am sorry but I can help you. It does sound like you have some breakage issues with the short and long pieces. I need more information to help. You say you are swimming a lot each week? Would you consider wearing a swim cap? Now I remember from back in the day that those things are uncomfortable, but the professionals wear them all the time. A swim cap will help tremendously. It is good that you are washing your hair weekly, are you DC'ing after each wash? Deep conditioning is important and do it with heat or steam. With the breakage you are experiencing you need to strengthen your hair strands with a good protein treatment. Check out my blog Coilyqueensrock.com and look for the article titled "Haircare tips while wearing braids & weaves" follow those tips. These tips will help you retain lots of length with very minimal breakage.......If you are doing the LOC twice daily and your hair is still dry then your hair is overly porous. So you need to help your cuticle to close properly, give you hair a ACV rinse and you will see a huge difference in retaining moisture. And when you rinse out your DC always rinse with the coldest water you can stand. I never do the LOC method nor do I M & S ever. And my hair is what you would call nappy even though I do not use this word to describe my hair. But it is tightly coily normally considered the driest hair type. But I know that is not true. I only apply a creamy conditioner styling aid to my hair once every three days. The only thing I apply on my hair daily is natural oils. That is it....The only way to seal in any moisture into your hair strands is to deep condition and close the hair cuticle. All the other stuff like the LOC or M & S just sits on top of the hair strands and in some cases makes the hair brittle. Let me know if you have more questions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 10:53am
thanks for the response Veemack.
I will certainly check out your blog.

A lot of the suggestions you mentioned I already practice. Let me give you a run down of my regime and possibly someone will be able to pin point what I need to tweak.

I have fine hair that is 4b-4c in texture.  Currently I am wearing my hair in cornrows underneath a wig.

As mentioned previously, I spritzed with aloe,infusium 23 and oil mixture, apply liquid gold hair oil (conains sulfur) and then either elasta qp mango/olive oil or whipped shea.

I am currently swimming once a week and I protect my hair prior to by applying coconut oil a plastic cap and then a swimming cap over that however, the water still manages to get in.

After swimming I wash my hair with either of these shampoos: shea moisture moisturizing poo, Gro Aut oil shampoo, burts bee poo.  If I haven't submerged my head while swimming and the hair only gets slight wet then I rinse my hair and co wash with ausie moist or HE hello hydration.

Currently I d/c with what I have in my stash: elucence moisturizing conditioner, argan oil cholesterol (can't recall the brand off the top pf my head), Aubrey's organic honeysuckle rose.  I add oils to the conditioner such as jbco, grape seed, wheat germ, sweet almond. I have a heat cap and use that everytime I deep condition.

I always rinse with cold water.  I haven't done an acv rinse in a while so I will certainly revisit.  I follow up using Kimmaytube leave in or Giovanni direct leave in, apply oil mixture and then either elasta qp olive oil/mango butter or whipped shea butter.

I use aphogee reconstructor every 8 weeks.

Suggestions are welcome

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 3:26pm
First lets examine your swim cap, if it is not keeping the water out then shop for a more reliable swim cap. If more than the nap area and a small portion of your side areas are getting wet then the cap is either worn out, not put on correctly or not a good effective cap.

Second out of the shampoos you named make sure they are sulfate free completely, I know the shea moisture is but I am not familiar with the others you named. Until your hair starts to retain moisture better and you stop finding breakage, I would stop using all those different shampoos and stick with the shea moisture only. Just for about 10 weeks.

Third: The oils which contain sulfur should not be used daily. Use them 1-2 times a week at the most. Use only pure natural oil, choose from EVOO, CO, AVocado oil or grapeseed oil. Only unrefined oils. Take an inventory of all your styling products and stop using the ones that contain alcohol. The only thing needed for styling should be a good leave in conditioner and a pure natural oil. That is it.

Fourth: the Aphogee reconstructor is a week product most reconstructors are, When you are experiencing breakage you need a product which will work. Try the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment. Or any treatment which has hydrolyzed keratin protein listed in the top 3 ingredients. Follow the instructions on the bottle.

Fifth: Be sure to have a good moisturizing deep penetrating conditioner and sit under the dryer for at least 20 minutes. Always rinse with cold water for at least 3 minutes and time it.

Visit my blog you will see other instructions on how to protect you hair while it is in braids. I have been doing extensions for over 25 years. I grew my hair the first years using extensions, so I learned a lot by trial and error....... Are there any underlying health reasons as to why your hair is breaking? No reason your hair should be breaking, with the way you say you wear it. It sounds like your hair is drying out while braided and breaking when you take the braids out. What type of comb do you use?....Just in case it is a particular product which is causing the breakage cut down on the amount of products you use. Okay I have given you a lot of information here, sure it will be helpful.

Edited by Veemack - Feb 27 2013 at 3:40pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 3:37pm
Also if you can afford it, order you some 100% pure Argan oil this oil is powerful the best oil you can buy. But it is expensive for just a small amount. A good quality pure argan oil will cost at least $22-30 per 1.7 ounces. But all you need is a few drops to use on your hair. It has the most Vit E in it than all other oils. Its an emollient, so it locks the moisture into your strands. It strengthens them and keeps them from breaking. This oil is amazing. Forget all the other oils you have heard about this oil tops them.

Sulfur is not to be used in your hair on a continous basis you use it to clear up your scalp issue then stop using it. I do realize there are lots of oils on the market which naturals are using that are types of sulfur. I know people use this oil for growth. For long term use, it is better to develop a diet which has sulfur rich foods or take the MSM as a vitamin supplement. More benefits from eating vegetable that are high in sulfur...If you recall before people starting using sulfur oils for hair growth, sulfur grease and oils were marketed as products to clear up scalp issues, such as itching and scalp infections. Itching is sometimes a sign of fungus activity and the sulfur clears this up. When the fungus is gone the hair will start growing at a healthy rate again.

loulou82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loulou82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:11pm
@Amber: Your hair looks great and very supple. I see the noticeable growth.

@Veemmack: Congrats on your hair growth also!

@Natural Essence: I hope you find a solution to your dryness. I also have fine natural hair (4b/a) and have found that (unfortunately) aloe, Elasta QP Mango, EVOO, and shea butter do not work with my hair. My hair initially feels moisturized but ends up feeling dry, hard or coated. IA with Veemack that perhaps you should experiment with lessening your use of the liquid gold or apply it to the scalp but not the hair. Sulfur is very drying to the hair. Also Infusium 23 has two -cones which may contribute to build-up.

My Update: I haven't been that consistent with my vitamins with maybe 3 or 4 days missed this month. I bombed my water intake also. On the upside I'm ready to go for March. I lost my trusty measuring tape and subbed with one that states I lost an inch of hair growth but pictures show I gained about 1.5 inches between 12/27- 2/27. Yay! I don't think I'm concerned what it measures inches anymore but I like to track the progress so I'm going to buy another cloth tape measurer. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 48>