Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 48>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by relaxedtresses relaxedtresses wrote:

I started taking my vitamins this week and I am excited.  I take them at night with a bottle of water so as not to intefere with my morning routine.  I take women's multivitamin as well as an iron and vitamin D supplement and birth control so I already have a lot going on in the morning. Anyway, I'm off to a good start.  The only road block I can see to consistency is that these pills are huge and I have to take two!  Does anyone have any tips for swallowing huge vitamins?

Take  a liquid vitamin (which I am sure you know this)Smile
Put a lot of water in your mouth, allow the vitamin to float in your mouth a few seconds then let it slide back slowly and don't fight it.

Or you can just take a big gulp and swallow it really fast without thinking much about it.

Also next time you can try to get a vitamin in capsule form, which is easier to swallow, imo.

You can also break the vitamin into halves  and take that way....This is all I can think of. It just took me getting older to be comfortable swallowing pills, I use to couldn't stand anything larger than a baby aspirin LOL.

Edited by Veemack - Jan 04 2013 at 3:57pm
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:54am
I'm in. I'll be taking the Spring Valley (1000 MCG Biotin). I'll be taking MSM also when I get a chance to go back to Walmart. I think I started taking mine on Wednesday, either way I can't remember, but I've been good with taking them so far. So, I just gotta keep it up.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

I'm in. I'll be taking the Spring Valley (1000 MCG Biotin). I'll be taking MSM also when I get a chance to go back to Walmart. I think I started taking mine on Wednesday, either way I can't remember, but I've been good with taking them so far. So, I just gotta keep it up.

I'm taking the same, Did you know it says 1000 mcg on the front of the bottle, but when you look on the label it states that its 3,000 mcg and %1,000 of the daily valueConfused... lol.. im confused now..
loulou82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loulou82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:57pm
I did pretty well for the end of the first week. I finally upped my water intake too- hopefully I can keep it up.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:51pm
Starting length: Bangs 8.25 inches

Hair texture: Natural and tightly coily

Current hair length: mid back length with exception of the bangs which are chin length.

Vitamin cocktail: One source Hair skin and Nails: once a day
Mineral rich liquid vitamin: 2 tablespoons a day
MSM: two capsules of 1,000mcg twice daily
Fish oil: 2 gels caps a day.

Edited by Veemack - Jan 05 2013 at 6:10pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:18pm
Ladies post your stats and starting pictures if you like.

This challenge began about 3 weeks ago, but I will consider the start date to be Jan 1st.

So the next length check will be, lets say February 20th. So snap your start pics and chart your growth and see how you do. Remember your results will largely depend upon how consistent you are with your supplement taking and also if you are taking the right supplement for your needs.

Have fun!!!!!!

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

I'm taking the same, Did you know it says 1000 mcg on the front of the bottle, but when you look on the label it states that its 3,000 mcg and %1,000 of the daily valueConfused... lol.. im confused now..
LMAO!
I just looked at the bottle..
It's weirdConfused
And I'll post my starting pictures tomorrow when I get up.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:46pm
^^^ Lol, yeah, so Im like which one is it!?.. a 1,000 or 3,000 mcg.  LOL I need to talk to a pharmacist next time I get some more. see what they say,lol

I took some pics on 12/22/12. I might use that as my starting pic, or I will take another one tomorrow when I cowash.
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by relaxedtresses relaxedtresses wrote:

I started taking my vitamins this week and I am excited.  I take them at night with a bottle of water so as not to intefere with my morning routine.  I take women's multivitamin as well as an iron and vitamin D supplement and birth control so I already have a lot going on in the morning. Anyway, I'm off to a good start.  The only road block I can see to consistency is that these pills are huge and I have to take two!  Does anyone have any tips for swallowing huge vitamins?

Take  a liquid vitamin (which I am sure you know this)Smile
Put a lot of water in your mouth, allow the vitamin to float in your mouth a few seconds then let it slide back slowly and don't fight it.

Or you can just take a big gulp and swallow it really fast without thinking much about it.

Also next time you can try to get a vitamin in capsule form, which is easier to swallow, imo.

You can also break the vitamin into halves  and take that way....This is all I can think of. It just took me getting older to be comfortable swallowing pills, I use to couldn't stand anything larger than a baby aspirin LOL.

^^^ all of the above. I do the first one and chug water afterwards.
loulou82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loulou82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:24pm
Veemack- our hair looks very similar. My strands are so darn tangly, fine, and spider-webby LOL.

The image uploader hates me right now and keeps rejecting my photos even when I shrink them. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 48>