Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 48>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by loulou82 loulou82 wrote:

Veemack- our hair looks very similar. My strands are so darn tangly, fine, and spider-webby LOL.

The image uploader hates me right now and keeps rejecting my photos even when I shrink them. 

Yep I use to have the spider web thingy going on, but you know what helped me the most? Oiling my scalp daily with natural oils. When you can separate your hair and it does not stick together, that means it is in pretty good condition. I rarely, I mean rarely have a single strand knots and my hair is very coily and spongy. I hear ladies say that ssk's are just a part of being natural, but I say, no its not. Single strand knots are not natural to coily hair. My strands are fine, but strong. Meaning when I pull my hair it has enough elastic that it does not break easily.....I find it easiest to just copy pictures from another page. But as long as you have  a starting picture for your own records that is most important.
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 7:08pm
Tips for better vitamin absorption:

Take vitamins with food in your stomach
Drink a full 8 ounce glass of water per two vitamins.
So if you take 4 vitamins then you will drink 8 ounces down and then sip another 8 ounces.

Add flaxseeds to your diet, for better large intestine health.
Note: if you are consistently constipated your flow is not healthy a consistent regimen of flax seeds could put you back on track, depending upon how bad your issue is. If you have problem with elimination then taking supplements could make your problem even worst.

Eat yogurt for breakfast, lunch or snack. Yogurt (creates healthy bacteria)

I start my day with a high protein breakfast: My favorite is oatmeal mixed with one table spoon of flax seeds.

Edited by Veemack - Jan 06 2013 at 7:14pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 3:45pm
^^ Thanks for The Tips

Been consistent with my vitamins! Skin looking better!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

^^ Thanks for The Tips

Been consistent with my vitamins! Skin looking better!
Awesome! Not seeing much difference in my skin, maybe in 30 more days it will be better. Up until  3 years ago I had smooth skin, but since then I go through these breakout stages. I find that water helps a lot, but I am finding it harder to keep up with drinking lots of water in the winter time. For example today, I drank about 40 ounces of water. But in order for my skin to act right I need 64 ounces or more. I also think a good fast would help me clean out some slush physically and spiritually. But there is medication that I have to take daily for other reasons, so it makes fasting difficult, because I need to eat with my medicine....Anyways, maybe I can do one during the spring time.

Do any of you ladies ever fast?
How do you maintain your fast? Prayer? Discipline?

Edited by Veemack - Jan 07 2013 at 5:36pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:47pm

^^ Yes, thats how much I usually do when I try to drink enough water. Its hard to get to that 64oz mark. I really have to pushmyself. Thats why Im in a water intake challenge on LCHF. lol

Sometimes I fast with my church, have you tried the Daniel fast. He only ate fruit, veggies, nuts and fish. No diary, artificial sweeteners, white bread, or red meat only organic/whole food. or you should try juicing fast, when you fast with juicing Veggies,Fruits, and soups.

Edited by Cherry89 - Jan 07 2013 at 5:54pm
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:15pm
Started Sunday, Jan 6th with my new vitamins. 

I'm taking the Nature Made Maximin Daily Pack + Biotin + MSM + Liq. Geritol w/ Iron. 
Seems like a much easier intake to keep up on so far. I've also started drinking water! I don't like it but it likes me. LOL
I've done away with sodas, and I'm limiting my coffee drinking to one cup a day in the morning. 

I mustve really needed the vitamins because my skin responded almost immediately. Brighter, softer...

Here's my starting photo: (calling it a "4", and hoping for "5" by Feb 4th)
...and no, I don't have leprechaun ears! I forgot to take my bluetooth off. 

Edited to add... Originally I was going to take Nioxin as well, but Nioxin isn't being made any more so they're getting harder to find. I have about 10 left and will be finishing the bottle. I won't be taking it after that unless I can get a new supply. 

Edited by flwonline - Jan 07 2013 at 6:28pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

^^ Yes, thats how much I usually do when I try to drink enough water. Its hard to get to that 64oz mark. I really have to pushmyself. Thats why Im in a water intake challenge on LCHF. lol

Sometimes I fast with my church, have you tried the Daniel fast. He only ate fruit, veggies, nuts and fish. No diary, artificial sweeteners, white bread, or red meat only organic/whole food. or you should try juicing fast, when you fast with juicing Veggies,Fruits, and soups.
I have read about the Daniel fast. Honestly I have not fasted in a long time, but I need to. I just think about food to much LOL. I could probably do a juice fast successfully, if I chew gum is that cheating? LOL Gum is the only thing that keeps me from eating.....Do you have the paid membership over at LCHF? I hear their challenges are really good.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:39pm
@Flwonline
They have stopped making the Nioxin vitamin? I heard they were pretty good.

How long have you been taking the liquid geritol? Do you have low iron?

How much MSM do you take? I am taking 3,000mcg.

Edited by Veemack - Jan 07 2013 at 6:40pm
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

@Flwonline
They have stopped making the Nioxin vitamin? I heard they were pretty good.

How long have you been taking the liquid geritol? Do you have low iron?

How much MSM do you take? I am taking 3,000mcg.

Yep. Word on the streets is that they said they were reformulating (reason unknown), and then they posted THIS web page, but those bottles havent hit the shelves yet and no one seems to know why. 
Also notice that the so-called "new" formula doesnt have all of the ingredients listed. Hmmm. ??

I've been taking the liquid Geritol for about 4 months but not consistently. I'm anemic. I notice that if I take it at night, I feel like Atlas in the morning. Also saw a thread recently that made reference to it also being used for fertility and hair growth. (I'm done having babies. LOL)

I take the 3x1500 MG when I can get those, or 3x1000 MG if I cant get the 1500's. I've been taking those for over a year now. In fact, MSM was how I was able to stretch for 7 months. Unfortunately, I permed at the top of this year and to my suprise, my hair pattern was almost identical to the MSM'd new growth. Waste of money, and no more perms for me. MSM IS my perm! It does wonders for new growth, although my perimeter edge ignores it. 

Edited by flwonline - Jan 07 2013 at 8:21pm
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:54pm
Have been doing good with my vitamins and water intake! (Have not gotten MSM yet, but I will by this week's end)
Gotta keep it up. :) Hope everyone else is well.
I have not taken length shots yet, but I will post when I do.
Just wanna make sure I get an accurate starting pic(s)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 48>
  Share Topic