Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIncrease your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 48>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 6:10pm
One error that I notice a lot of people make when measuring the hair is to make an arbitrary part somewhere in the hair and pull the hair down to wherever it hangs.  When you do that you are not measuring just the strand but also the tip ends of the hair hanging below the parting space. So I think placing the tape measure exactly at the hairline  or making sure you pull the hair straight out perpendicular from the scalp to the tip of the hair you're pulling instead of to the tip of the hair several inches away from the part also. (if you can imagine what I mean) 

Suppose I made a part at my crown and my hair was brushed down flat like a mushroom but the hairs were only 1" long. If I put the tape measure at the crown part and measured down toward where the bang ended... it would appear I had like 8" hair from the crown to the bottom of the bang.... even though the strands are only 1" long .  If I made the part in a different place and measured to the bottom of the bang I would get a different measurement and none of them would be correct because the hair is one inch long. So the correct measurement would be not to lay the tape measure across the head from an arbitrary part, but to pull it perpendicularly from the scalp along the length of one set of strands from root to tip.

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 09 2013 at 6:33am
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 6:19pm
I just do that since it's the easiest way.
I mean like how complicated and precise should length checking be
Plus it's hard to get the exact same part/piece unless you take multiple pictures
AmberColour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 6:22pm
I get what you are saying though..
There was one woman (not on this forum)
who had claimed an inch in a week..Stern Smile
Turns out she hadn't stretched her hair out all the way for her "2nd" lengthcheck picture.
I just found it funny she actually thought she grew a forreal inch in a week.LOL
loulou82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 6:29pm
Congrats on the progress Vee and Model business.
Im in a weave right now until July. I'm keeping it in 12 weeks. She trimmed off an inch of hair before weaving. I went to Reneice's hair salon in MD and her junior stylist installed my hair. I'm hoping to be a solid MBL at the end of the year despite the trim.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

I get what you are saying though..
There was one woman (not on this forum)
who had claimed an inch in a week..Stern Smile
Turns out she hadn't stretched her hair out all the way for her "2nd" lengthcheck picture.
I just found it funny she actually thought she grew a forreal inch in a week.LOL

LOL
I've noticed people make measuring mistakes all the time in Natural Breast Enhancement. People will claim so much growth so fast when...really...they're just measuring in a different spot. :/

I'm having too much trouble measuring my hair, so I'm going to lay off on the measurements until it gets longer. My hair is legit a million different lengths. Each strand of hair is a completely different length than the one next to it. Probably not only from the transition cut I have right now, but also from when my hypo was real bad and my hair broke off and fell out real easy. So I'm just going to take pics once a month and put them side-by-side. My goal is still APL by August, but I'm starting to doubt I'll make it there now. =_=

I don't think my hair has grown AT ALL since a week ago (when I realized it'd grown quite a bit and got excited). But my scalp is sore like I'm about to get a growth spurt, so we'll see. Fingers crossed! I still don't think I'm at my natural growth speed, so I'm increasing my MSM, Chlorella, Biotin and Omega 3's, as well as my water consumption. In a month, I'm gonna probably drop back down to my original doses for a week or two, just so I can ramp back up again. Rather than increasing my doses any further.

I'm worried that my poor eating habits are really hurting my growth (I don't TRY to not eat, but I get nauseous every time I think about eating, so I end up hardly eating at all throughout the day; still not sure what's causing it). Right now I'm trying to eat a bowl of Spaghettio's, and I've only had a few bites and feel like I can't eat any more or I'll get sick. Cry
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 5:19pm
@Natty,

Maybe you should stick to the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Apple Sauce, Toast) diet until you either figure out what's up or feel your appetite return? The blander the better honestly.

Spaghettio's, although seemingly simple, have a lot going on in them, not to mention a lot of sodium, preservatives and everything else.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 6:38am
My hair grew 3/8th inch between March 10th and April 10th (that's a little less than  1/2 inch)
Exact measurement because I could measure the black roots after coloring on March 10th.

This is a slight improvement because I believe my growth rate was closer to 1/4 inch the previous month.

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 11 2013 at 8:19am
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 9:28am
I'd like to join. Is juicing acceptable? For some reason multivitamins make me feel gassy and nauseous. So, I just juice and get my vitamins from that.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I'd like to join. Is juicing acceptable? For some reason multivitamins make me feel gassy and nauseous. So, I just juice and get my vitamins from that.
Juicing is a good thing, but this is a challenge based on vitamin supplement intake and results. So people view the posts looking for results we get from the different supplement intakes...... No one has a juicing for hair growth challenge why not start one so people can chart their results there. I would join you there.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Juicing is a good thing, but this is a challenge based on vitamin supplement intake and results. So people view the posts looking for results we get from the different supplement intakes...... No one has a juicing for hair growth challenge why not start one so people can chart their results there. I would join you there.

Ahhh, makes sense...I guess with juicing I wouldn't be able to pinpoint the specific vitamin/mineral and the amount that caused growth (if any)...
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 48>
  Share Topic