Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Incompatible lace?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2015 at 7:12am
Originally posted by gloryx10 gloryx10 wrote:

Originally posted by Kocoa Kocoa wrote:

So I've reapplied my wig the day before yesterday and it's still not sticking! I even ran the 99% alcohol on edges before applying the tape, then let that sit there for ages. I followed the instructions to the ghostbond to the letter and I still can't get this wig to stick down onto the glue. The glue itself is still pretty tacky and every time I take off the scarf, I can feel a bit of lifting on the hairline, specifically at the nape more than anywhere else.

I think for my next install, I should probably experiment and use less ghostbond xl and see if that will work. Has anyone else needed to tweak their install regimen in order to get it to work?

You know Kocoa ~ Ghost Bond XL did not work that good for me as the original Ghost Bond did.  It took me using 2 bottles to figure this out.  However, the nape area is a pretty tricky area to stay secure with any white adhesive IMO ~ you may have to use adhesive with some tape to get a hold for longer than a week.  HTH

I'm currently using ghost bond xl with blue liner tape. I'm thinking that it actually maybe that I'm putting too much even though I'm following the instructions. It works like a charm in the front for the most part but I'm catching hell at the nape. The main reason I'm using the ghost bond xl is because I need something that's hypo-allergenic and waterproof. I would've considered ultrabond but it's toxic. I'm not sure what else would fit the bill.

Originally posted by PinoyHairAddict PinoyHairAddict wrote:

I don't want to sound stupid here with my suggestion so I hope you bear with me. I don't know what texture you are wearing (silky, coarse, slightly coarse, wavy, curly, kinky etc.) but you may want to experiment and try the glueless method although this might prevent you from wearing the lace wig in an updo.
You will need to expose a tiny bit of your hairline and lay down your edges (I don't know what your natural texture is so I'm assuming that you wear the lace to the very front because you have a tighter pattern and would not want to use heat).

I've seen videos on youtube in which they used gel or hairspray on the scalp of their parting to act as a temporary 'glue' to get it as flat as possible. I've also seen videos where they used bobby pins beneath the hair (both sides of the parting of the wig and natural hair) to flatten and bind the wig's parting to their own parting (no adhesive but exposing only half an inch of their hairline)

The lace foundation on your unit might be on the thick side because lace can vary from vendor to vendor.

I hope you find a solution.

Naturally I would've gone with the got2b spray & gel combo but that's not available in my country. I'm wearing a deep wave wig and as a natural girl, there is no way I can leave my edges out. I'm also part of the "black girl can't braid" club, so I can't even cornrow my hair down so I can sew it on. I do sometimes leave the back loose and secure it with bobby pins when I know I'm not doing updos.
Sponsored Links

gloryx10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloryx10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2015 at 5:05pm
No I don't suggest ultrahold (too many people have allergic reactions to it).  For the nape many use the 'Toosie method ~ I myself use the blue tape and 30second pro glue for the nape area & Ghostbond for the front. But then I only wear lace fronts now or thin skins and not full lace anymore.  
Well keep trying you will something that works for you....
Hannah Swan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannah Swan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2015 at 2:17am
Maybe you can try hair extensions ,that easy to wear and no not need adhesives.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic