Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In White Ppl News: Keep My Parents Away From Me!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In White Ppl News: Keep My Parents Away From Me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:13am
"They basically thought that they were paying for my college tuition and living expenses that they could tell me what to do, who to hang out with," Aubrey Ireland said. "Basically control all of my daily life."

no shade but don't most parents think this....when they're paying for anything?
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:15am
I might pay for your college but I don't think I should have so much control over my child's life. They went overboard and once she said back down they should have done it. Let that bird fly. 
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:15am
If it got to the point that it interfered with my life...I would probably consider a restraining order

Tracking device, poppin up at my college, watching me on Skype, confirming that I'm in my dorm room....could the girl live?

Some parents don't know when to cut the cord. Sucks that this is the route she feel she had to take. They could have backed off but they didn't
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:16am
if she want to cut ties with family all she gotta do is cut ties.  Don't accept calls, don't go to family events, don't go around 'em.  Is it really that hard?  U gotta file paperwork?  Oh wait.....so you want them to continue to pay for your sh*t while not fuccin' with them.  girl bye.
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:24am
In the words of Ye....

You know white ppl......
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:35am
Parents go overboard sometimes. Helping your child get a jump-start on life does not give you permission to run their life. You should do it out of love not because you want to control their every move.

She is 21. She needs to be making her own decisions about when she wants to go to bed, who she wants to be friends with/date, whether or not she wants to do drugs and if she thinks she needs help mentally.

I always thought a parents job was equip their child with wings and lead them to the cliff. If they see the child about to fall they offer a caring hand/help. Now they wanna choose where she flies, when she is about to land, what trees she perches on and she aint having it. I'm not mad.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

"They basically thought that they were paying for my college tuition and living expenses that they could tell me what to do, who to hang out with," Aubrey Ireland said. "Basically control all of my daily life."

any black kid knows theyre not free til they can pay to be free Stern Smile

I wanted to say something along these lines, but thought it may be offensive to some.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

They want her to repay the $66,000 they spent toward her education at a prestigious university since she has cut off ties with them.

But she claims that her parents installed tracking technology on her smartphone, computer and even watched her via Skype while she was asleep.The parents admitted to installing the monitoring software.

i cant have my own parents acting like psycho stalkers and then youre going to get mad and ask for money spent back...

call me when youve finished therapy
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:49am
Wow...watching her sleep on Skype is extreme, but it seems like such a slap in the face to everything they've done for you. I'm sure there had to be a more discreet, less embarrassing way to cut ties.

And she better remember how she did them if crisis strikes. Don't go calling mommy and daddy if you lose your job, car breaks down, rent is due, etc.

Ungrateful wench!
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:51am
Sounds like a weird family
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>