Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In White Ppl News: Keep My Parents Away From Me!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

In White Ppl News: Keep My Parents Away From Me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In White Ppl News: Keep My Parents Away From Me!
    Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:08am

Kansas native secures stalking restraining order against parents

Posted: Dec 28, 2012 3:45 PM EST Updated: Dec 28, 2012 6:49 PM EST
By DeAnn Smith, Digital Content Manager - email

© Facebook/Aubrey Ireland and her father, David Ireland

LEAWOOD, KS (KCTV) -

Aubrey Ireland was super talented and destined for headlines.

But they were expected to be headlines for her performing abilities, not international headlines for taking her parents to court for allegedly stalking her.

"(I was like) a dog with a collar on," Aubrey Ireland said in an October court hearing, according to a report in the Cincinnati Enquirer.

A judge in Ohio ruled in the 21-year-old woman's favor, ordering her parents, David and Julie Ireland, to stay at least 500 feet from her until at least Sept. 23, 2013. Court officials told her parents that they, not their daughter, were the problem.

Aubrey Ireland grew up in Leawood, KS, a posh suburb of Kansas City where she attended Blue Valley North High School. David and Julie Ireland contend they catered to their only child's every need and she is just ungrateful for their support. They want her to repay the $66,000 they spent toward her education at a prestigious university since she has cut off ties with them.

The parents told a judge that their daughter is a convincing "good actor", and her claims are complete and total lies.

"We're not bothering her," Julie Ireland said in court. "We're not a problem."

KCTV5's Alice Barr went to the Ireland home in Leawood Friday afternoon seeking a comment, but no one was home.

Neighbors described a tight-knit family and proud parents who worked hard to give their only child anything she wanted, but said they could be too overprotective.

Aubrey Ireland is a senior at College-Conservatory of Music in Cincinnati, OH, where she has snagged lead roles and many accolades. She is a singer, dancer and actress, and has performed in events in the Kansas City area, including Evita at Crown Center this summer. A photo shared of her and her father on Facebook shows them smiling at the theater.

But she claims that her parents installed tracking technology on her smartphone, computer and even watched her via Skype while she was asleep.The parents admitted to installing the monitoring software.

Aubrey Ireland said she was forced to take action when they accused her of sleeping around and using drugs.

"It's just been really embarrassing and upsetting to have my parents come to my university when I'm a grown adult and just basically slander my name and follow me around," Aubrey Ireland told the Ohio judge in October.

The parents allegedly traveled to Ohio to meet with their daughter's department head to say she had mental issues that could force them to have her treated against her will and the family feud could make headlines. 

"My mom has always been very overly involved," Aubrey Ireland told ABC News. "I would have to get on Skype all the time to show them that I was in my dorm room or there were nights I had to leave my Skype on all night and my mom would watch me basically sleep."

Her attorney told media outlets Friday that his client did the ABC interview without his knowledge and declined to make her available for additional interviews.

"They basically thought that they were paying for my college tuition and living expenses that they could tell me what to do, who to hang out with," Aubrey Ireland said. "Basically control all of my daily life."

Her school reportedly hired security guards to keep her parents away from her performances. The parents have stopped paying her tuition, and the school provided Aubrey Ireland a full scholarship for her senior year.

David Ireland reportedly said in court that he was worried about his daughter's mental health because of a history of suicides in his family.

Police last year were allegedly called to Aubrey Ireland's home in Ohio to break up a fight between Aubrey and Julie Ireland with each woman accusing the other of assaulting her.

David and Julie Ireland asked neighbors, friends and relatives to write letters of support about their parenting skills that could be given to the judge in Ohio.

Aubrey Ireland said she went to court as a last resort.

"I never wanted this to happen, that's the last thing I wanted," the woman told ABC. "But I wasn't in control of my life anymore. I knew they were holding me back emotionally, mentally and professionally. And that it got to the point where that was basically my last option."

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved

Discuss

Edited by eanaj5 - Dec 29 2012 at 8:10am
Sponsored Links

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:12am
UnhappyStern Smile
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:15am
I need to do this. 
Mine are annoying me.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:20am
Or some kids just run away from home. Stern Smile
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:22am
Thanks eanaj :D

so yeah. This made national news. It was on CNN this morning and I was like

I think a restraining order may be too harsh. But then idk.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:27am
No prollem gurl!

I dont even know what to say...i guess i would do the same thing'

What i dont understand is how she was even able to go to a university in the first place if her parents are so maniacal about her being so far away from them
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:30am
They watched her as she slept? 
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:30am
Well, if my parents paid for my college education, I wouldn't get a restraining order against them. I wish them all the best.

Edited by Limalady - Dec 29 2012 at 8:31am
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Well, if my parents paid for my college education, I wouldn't get a restraining order against them. I wish them all the best.
a restraining order against your parents??? Am i the only one reading this right? There is nothing that would make me get one against my parents. Her parents may have been over protective because a. she's an only child b. she's a girl c. girls are getting snatched, raped, victimized all the time. Especially college aged women. 

Ok making her put Skype on to watch her sleep is a bit extreme. But when you love your child, you want to see to it that they are ok. The parents paid for everything, so obviously they care about her. Ungrateful and over the top little white kids. This story is annoying me. Im not coming back in here.

And also i have a different culture, so this is absurd to me. 

Edited by *Belle*Femme* - Dec 29 2012 at 10:06am
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:11am

"They basically thought that they were paying for my college tuition and living expenses that they could tell me what to do, who to hang out with," Aubrey Ireland said. "Basically control all of my daily life."

any black kid knows theyre not free til they can pay to be free Stern Smile

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic