BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In Positive Black Stories News.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:52pm
22,000 homeless kids in one city? 

sheesh 
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 2:55pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:26am

L.A. County Couple Thrilled to be a Multi-‘Thousandaire’

February 21, 2014 - Eumeka Saxton wasn’t sure she was going to have the energy to enjoy the Valentine’s Day concert she and her husband were headed to at Nokia Theatre. “I think I was tired, so I told my husband to stop because I needed to get an iced coffee,” Saxton remembered.

Like most of our winners, it turned out to be one of the best – if not the best decision they’ve ever made in their lives. “After we stopped, I told him, ‘dang, the lottery is so much right now (the Mega Millions jackpot was $139 million).’ He had three one dollar bills…” And the rest is history. Saxton is suddenly more than half a million dollars richer – $505,010 richer to be exact.

“I usually only grab them (lottery tickets) here and there. But back in December, I had a dream that I won $69 million on the lottery. From there I started buying,” Saxton explained. The 29-year-old said the day following the concert, she and her mother went back to the store where she bought her winning ticket to pick up something else. “I remember saying, ‘dang, nobody’s still won (the jackpot)?!’ And the girl behind the counter said someone from Baldwin Park did win something!”

Saxton confessed she normally doesn’t check her lottery tickets until days later – and that they’re usually “crumbled up” somewhere. Her husband Rondal took a look at the ticket and asked how many numbers they needed to win. “I told him five numbers and he was like ‘we got it!’ I said, ‘yea right, shut up!’ But he was like, ‘it’s for real, I’m not playing with you!’ And I just started screaming!” Saxton said with a laugh.

Eumeka and Rondal made their Valentine’s Day 2014 purchase at the Stop and Save located at 12946 N. Bess Avenue in Baldwin Park (Los Angeles). Their winning ticket correctly matched the numbers 20-28-35-71 and 72, missing only the Mega number 7. “I still think I’m in a dream and I don’t even want to be woken up,” Rondal Saxton laughed.

The couple says they plan on using the money to help purchase their first home. Eumeka Saxton, who works in collections, says she’s ready to do some more collecting – of a different kind! “So many people look for a way out of debt, and possibly become millionaires for sure…” Her huband Rondal interrupted, “Some people want to be a millionaire. But we’re just happy being a ‘thousandaire!’” as they burst into laughter. A multi-multi-‘thousandaire’ to be sure! Half a million dollars, all thanks in part to a dream and a coffee run on a Valentine’s Day neither will ever forget.

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:51am
^^Great!!! Keep the good news coming.....ClapClap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 10:21pm
Alex Dunlap, 16, gets full ride through doctorate

IPS high school student receives prestigious Gates Millennium Scholarship.

INDIANAPOLIS - A Broad Ripple High School student is one of only 1,000 students in the country to receive the prestigious Gates Millennium Scholarship.

The scholarship -- funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation -- covers a full ride to any college or university in the country, all the way through a doctoral degree if the recipient chooses.

At 16, Alex Dunlap is poised to graduate Broad Ripple Magnet High School a year early in May. She knew all her hard work had paid off when she got the letter announcing her scholarship.

"Oh, I was ecstatic," she said. "I started crying, my mom started crying."

Dunlap plans to pursue her passion for languages.

"I'm going to study Spanish, French and Chinese in college with a focus in Arabic, I'm going to pick that one up as well," she said. "And after undergrad, I plan on attending law school."

Dunlap hopes to fight for the rights of children in foreign countries, but while her travels might take her worldwide, she plans to stay close to home for college.

"I've just recently decided to go to DePauw because they have such a great liberal arts program," she said. "Their study abroad program is great and exactly what I need because of my languages. Their language program is great. And I'm going to be entering as a Bonner scholar, which is a community service scholarship."

Beyond being a great student, Dunlap has a passion for community service. She teaches Spanish to inner-city kids, and she plans to keep volunteering.

She has this advice to other students.

"Always work hard, study hard and make sure you find something you're passionate about in high school," she said. "For me it was languages and it was music. And I was passionate and I loved doing it, so I always worked hard doing it."

Dunlap is the first student ever from Broad Ripple High School to become a Gates Scholar.

She'll meet the other 999 winners when Bill Gates flies them all out to meet each other and network.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 11:09pm
Go head girl! ShockedClap

Is she African American?
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 11:24pm
Clap
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 11:26pm
Great!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:30pm
Million Dollar Scholar

Young Man Receives $1 Million Toward Education, Pays It Forward.

Derrius Quarles is a rare individual. As a product of Illinois foster care for nine years, he felt a college education was out of the question. He would sooner turn to a life of crime and fast money than pursue a degree after high school. Everything changed when his biology teacher convinced him that he was wasting his potential. That fateful conversation led Quarles to a life of academia, for which he was given $1 million in scholarships.

http://hooplaha.com/2013/12/young-man-receives-1-million-toward-education-pays-it-forward/

Edited by Az~Maverick - Mar 22 2014 at 2:31pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Go head girl! ShockedClap

Is she African American?

Yup! Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions