FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In "I mean really Florida, really?" news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In "I mean really Florida, really?" news
    Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:29pm
Off all of my pet peeves, texting in the movie theaters ain't one of them.  I rather someone do that than talking on the phone all through the movie.  The shooter was acting like his phone was an LED light.  I swear people are just fcking ill. 

Retired cop guns down man for texting at Florida movie: sheriff

WFLA-TV

Police stand outside a Wesley Chapel, Fla., movie theater where a fatal shooting occurred Monday.

By M. Alex Johnson, Staff Writer, NBC News

A retired cop, irked that the couple in front of him were texting at a Mark Wahlberg war movie, opened fire in a Florida theater Monday, killing the man and wounding his wife, authorities said.

Curtis Reeves Jr., 71, was charged with second-degree homicide in the death of Chad Oulson, 43, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said late Monday afternoon. The theater was evacuated and remained closed after the shooting, which occurred about 1:20 p.m. ET.

Oulson was shot in the chest after a verbal and physical confrontation with Reeves, and his wife, Nichole Oulson, was shot in the hand. Chad Oulson was pronounced dead at a hospital, and his wife was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

"To have a retired police officer — I don't know what he was thinking at the time," Nocco told reporters. "I can tell you, anybody, over a cellphone, to take their life, it's ridiculous."

An off-duty sheriff's deputy from neighboring Sumter County was in the Grove 16 Theatre in Wesley Chapel, north of Tampa, and detained Reeves and secured the weapon, described as a .380-calber handgun, until Pasco authorities arrived, Nocco said.

"He was a true hero in there. He reacted," said Nocco, who also praised the efforts of two nurses who were in the theater and tried to save Oulson's life.

NBC News

Nocco said that when when the first emergency calls came in, his mind immediately turned to recent shootings at schools and movie theaters, an apparent reference to the mass killings at a theater in Aurora, Colo., in July 2012, and at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., just five months later.

"Hearing what we heard, we were prepared for a large incident, but I want to reiterate this was just an isolated incident," he said.

"This situation over a cellphone use — to escalate that high, I can tell you it's very scary," he said. "Or the fact it's a movie theater or, you know, a place such as a school, where people have a belief that they should be in a movie theater to relax or a school to learn and have it arise to this kind of level."

Nocco said the tragedy unfolded after Reeves became outraged over something trivial: "somebody texting."

Reeves and his wife were sitting behind the Oulsons as the preview trailers were rolling just before the showing of "Lone Survivor," the Mark Wahlberg movie about a failed 2007 Navy Seal raid in Afghanistan, investigators said.

Reeves asked Chad Oulson several times to stop, to no avail, Nocco said. He then left the theater to complain to the theater's management before returning to his seat, the sheriff said.

Upon his return, "Chad Oulson then starts confronting him verbally, starts saying: 'Oh, did you go in there and start complaining on me? Did you tell the staff about me?'" Nocco said.

"This verbal altercation starts getting louder and louder. During this altercation, it goes from a verbal to a physical altercation," he said.

Then, "the suspect, Curtis Reeves, pulled out a gun," Nocco said.

Only one shot was fired, Nocco said. Nichole Oulson was wounded in the hand when she grabbed her husband as Reeves pulled the trigger, he said.

The theater's operator, Cobb Theatres, said in a statement that it was "truly heartbroken by this incident" and that it was cooperating with investigators.

Reeves retired as a captain from the Tampa Police Department in 1993, said Laura McElroy, a spokeswoman for the department, adding that Reeves helped set up the department's first SWAT team.

"We are not aware of any contact with the department since his departure more than 20 years ago," she said in a statement.

Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:29pm
what were the races of those involved? just skimmed
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:39pm
yeah this was featured on the news tonight......so sad...

i'm gonna start calling Florida...THE OK CORRAL ..cause it seems anyone can carry a gun down there and start shootin' up places and at people...dayum
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:41pm
oh boy....The shooter is probably going to say he thought the texter had a gun and he (the shooter) was "standing his ground".
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:45pm
HOW THE HELL WAS HE ALLOWED ON A MOVIE THEATER WITH A GUN??

i don't care what is his race, he has to be arrested

...but I guessed white and I was right... glad the man shot was white - if he were black, it would have been self-defense, because black men can use a cell phone as a weapon.
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:47pm
What a horrible way to die over something so petty. The movie didn't even start so why was this old yt man so pressed about texting through previews, he could've moved his damn seat.

I support bootlegs and streaming.
Girl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Girl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

what were the races of those involved? just skimmed

They were white.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:55pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 12:21am
My sis in Tampa sent me this article earlier today. Scary times.   

I read that he was texting w his 3yr old daughter. That wasnt clear tho. Maybe texting to her thru a sitter??
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 2:44am
I saw this on the news earlier. I do hate that backlight when people text in theatres but not that much.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>