Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In case u aint know whats poppin in Brazil.....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

In case u aint know whats poppin in Brazil.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Animals. I know the little children are so afraid . Cry

Why animals? Do you even know what's going on?
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:33pm
The bus hike was the tip of the iceberg for the people. They are tired of so much corruption, violence, and lack of pretty much everything!. There are no hospital beds in the hospitals around the country, yet they are making comfy chairs for the stadiums that will hold the World CUp.
Brazil currently has been spending BILLIONS of dollars for the World Cup, yet there are homeless children running the streets by themselves. Those children are often victims of sexual abuse by TOURISTS. There is not enough school for the people, teachers are constantly on strike due to low payments (last year over 100 thousand university teachers were on strike for 3 months before the president bothered to ADDRESS them), there is a place in the middle of the Northeastern area of Brazil that is called Sertão which is pretty much the Brazilian desert: there is no water there, no one cares to help the people whom live there and are in extreme poverty yet money is being spent on some stupid game because foreigners are going there and Brazil needs to look good for them - not for THEIR people.

Also, on another note, do not DARE to insult those people fighting on the streets of Brazil, Turkey and anywhere else in the world.. That's exactly what the WHITES were doing to the BLACKS who dared to fight for their rights. Thanks to them you guys have rights.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:36pm
And I would like to point out that the protests in Brazil are pacific; only a few people are stupid and put cars on fire and break windows. Those are called vandals and they are probably infiltrated by the police. The Brazilian media tried to avoid showing pics of the people walking peacefully with poster protesting and instead focused only on the vandals, but on facebook people have been sharing like crazy all the good pictures of the pacific manifestations.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I wonder when Americans will finally say "enough is enough" and start really protesting like these other countries are doing. 

I don't know if it is just me but I get the feeling that protesting about something is perceived as uncouth or UN-American by the public. 
Why is that?

I don't how to put it eloquently but when I see protest in regards for example illegal immigration, healthcare, or any hot topic issues, the comments I read (not in here but on certain news pages) are rather rancorous in my opinion.  I often read sentiments like "If you don't like it, move out of America" or something of that nature.  It seems like folks want to maintain status quo but again this is how I perceive it so it may not be accurate.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 3:57am

I wonder when Americans will finally say "enough is enough" and start really protesting like these other countries are doing. 

When they get sick of it too.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 5:07am
America as a whole ain't had those kind of balls to tear up sh*t since the civil war.  imo.  If america was gone tear up sh*t they'da burned down Wall st. and alot of corporate bodies woulda been headless in the skreets.  America ain't bout that life no more.  We like to hold signs n'sh*t.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 6:10am

Government U-turn fails to quell Brazil protests

Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

Alastair Leithead reports on a night of unrest around Brazil

Brazilian authorities have failed to halt nationwide protests, despite reversing the public-transport fare increases that sparked the unrest.

Crowds blocked main roads in Sao Paulo and Brasilia, and protesters confronted police in Rio de Janeiro state shortly after the U-turn was announced.

Earlier, there were clashes before Brazil's football team played Mexico in Fortaleza in the Confederations Cup.

Protesters are angry at corruption and high spending on next year's World Cup.

Activists say they have not changed their intention to hold the biggest demonstrations yet on Thursday.

The BBC's Julia Carneiro, in Sao Paulo, says hundreds of thousands are expected on the streets there before another round of matches in the Confederations Cup.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

Just as in 1989, when we found that people in East Europe preferred individual freedom to communism, today capitalism is becoming identified with the rule of unaccountable elites”

End Quote
image of Paul Mason Paul Mason Economics editor, Newsnight

The continued protests come after the authorities in the two biggest cities, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, said they would reverse the public-transport fare increases.

Sao Paulo mayor Fernando Haddad said the reversal would be a "big sacrifice" and said other investments would have to be cut.

Rio mayor Eduardo Paes made a similar point, saying the lower transport prices would cost the city 500m reals ($225m; £145m) a year.

The mayors of Cuiaba, Recife, Joao Pessoa and other cities have already announced a reduction in bus fares in response to the protests.

But the protesters were unmoved by the gesture.

"It's not really about the price [of transport] any more," said 18-year-old student Camila Sena, at a protest in Rio de Janeiro's sister city of Niteroi.

"People are so disgusted with the system, so fed up that now we're demanding change."

One demonstration in the city of Belo Horizonte continued for more than 10 hours.

protesters graphic

Police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse protesters in the north-eastern city of Fortaleza on Wednesday after at least 30,000 people rallied there.

Clashes erupted when a protest march was stopped by police. Several people were injured, including police officers.Access to the stadium was blocked for at least 30 minutes, but police later allowed people to get in ahead of the game which started at 16:00 local time (19:00 GMT).

The BBC's Ben Smith in Fortaleza says that during the protest some demonstrators carried banners reading: "A teacher is worth more than Neymar", in a reference to Brazil's star footballer who played and scored against Mexico.

Before the match, Neymar spoke in favour of the protesters, saying in a message on Facebook: "I'm Brazilian and I love my country. I have a family and friends who live in Brazil. For that reason, I want a Brazil which is more just, safer, healthier and more honest.

Continue reading the main story

Analysis

image of Gary Duffy Gary Duffy BBC Brasil, Sao Paulo

The controversy over bus and metro fares was only the issue that got the marchers on to the streets - it all seems much bigger than that now.

The objectives of this diverse protest movement are very broad, such as demanding better education and health services. A sluggish economy and inflation that is affecting the lives of ordinary Brazilians every day can be added to the mix.

Politicians with high salaries giving jobs and flights to relatives are widely scorned. Inequality and the huge cost of hosting the World Cup and the Olympics are key issues raised by demonstrators alongside corruption, crime and police brutality.

"The only way I can represent and defend Brazil is on the pitch, playing football. From now on, I will enter the field inspired by this movement."

Football legend Pele urged demonstrators to end the protests. "Let's forget all this commotion happening in Brazil, and let's remember how the Brazilian squad is our country and our blood," he said.

The current unrest is the biggest since 1992, when people took to the streets to demand the impeachment of then-President Fernando Collor de Mello.

Vice-President Michel Temer cut short a visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories on Wednesday to return to Brazil.

President Dilma Rousseff has said she was proud that so many people were fighting for a better country.

Many of the demonstrators have complained of the huge sums spent on construction for the World Cup and the 2016 Olympics, which will be hosted by Rio de Janeiro.

The dilemma for the political leadership is how to answer so many different concerns among a vast group of people with momentum and social media on their side, correspondents say.

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 6:27am
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

I was gonna make a thread about this.... If we as black ppl want change do we NEED to white ppl involved, like in the cival rights era and back or can we do it ourselves?

The white ppl that have had enough (protest on wall street, 99%) were showed/seen as dirty hippies
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 6:45am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

I was gonna make a thread about this.... If we as black ppl want change do we NEED to white ppl involved, like in the cival rights era and back or can we do it ourselves?

The white ppl that have had enough (protest on wall street, 99%) were showed/seen as dirty hippies
Make one.  I'd love to hear others' opinions on this.
Morris Chestnuts View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Morris Chestnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 6:48am

Football legend Pele urged demonstrators to end the protests. "Let's forget all this commotion happening in Brazil, and let's remember how the Brazilian squad is our country and our blood," he said.

This nicca right here is one of the biggest coons ever. He's made comments over the years that just makes u wonder can money really affect a person that much.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic