Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improving skin texture
    Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 12:41pm
I'm 36 going on 37 and I'm noticing that my skin texture is not as smooth as it used to be.

Now mind you I do a clay mask weekly. I use a gentle exfoliating wash from Oil of Olay daily and then a medicated exfoliating wash weekly. I have done 2 peels in the past 90 days but nothing seems to be helping.

What products natural & homeade or store bought are you using to maintain smooth skin or at least improve skin texture?
Sponsored Links

rashaun35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 4:35pm
There's a thread about glycolic and lactic acids in the dark spots section that may help. They ladies over in that thread seem to be having major improvement in their skin texture. What types of peels have you done? Maybe uping the % may help or doing them more often some ladies are doing the lactic acid 40%(which seems to work well on ethnic skin tones) once a week with great results. HTH

Edited by rashaun35 - Nov 17 2008 at 4:37pm
rashaun35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 4:38pm
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 5:43pm
Thank you. I did a lactic acid peel at the lowest strength and did the glycolic peel at 15%. Perhaps I do need to go higher in strength. Thanks for the link!
CARGIA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2008 at 9:33am
have you tried mandelic acid?
AClassAct View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 8:36pm
Get a good moisturizer with an SPF........peels can help as well.

Edited by AClassAct - Jan 16 2009 at 8:41pm
pmrannie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2009 at 7:42am
2 ounces 100% pure cocoa butter, 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, glycerin and vitamin e.  Blend it in a blender on whip and put it in the refridgerator over night to settle and harden.

Use this like you would a body lotion and a face cream ( a little goes a LONG way), especially at night to even out skin tone and give amazing moisture to the skin.

I saw a difference in my skin after the first application, with it evening out slowly over the first 20 days or so.  I've got major pigmentation marks on my back that are fading slowly, also, but the big difference has been in my skin's overall tone and dryness.  It will definitely make you glow!

The ingredients in this can be used on skin and hair and cost about $30 total, but they last a long time so its worth it not to have to buy lotion or facial moistuizers.

Also, you can use the jojoba oil by itself on your face right before a shower.  Put a few drops in your hands, rub it in like you're doing a facial massage and hop in the shower.  Wash it like you normally would, tone and moisturize with whatever you choose.

Hope this helps!
Wifey05 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 3:19pm
i use avon and its help my skin texture a lot
i use the avon alternative clearly C 10%vitamin C Serum and Avon Solutions Dramatic Firming, it has vitamins and stuff....

I use to have rough skin and its soft, firm, and clear! and brighter
***Toy-Pisces** View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 12:37pm

Thanks for the great tips in this thread!

tmitchem81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I'm 36 going on 37 and I'm noticing that my skin texture is not as smooth as it used to be.

Now mind you I do a clay mask weekly. I use a gentle exfoliating wash from Oil of Olay daily and then a medicated exfoliating wash weekly. I have done 2 peels in the past 90 days but nothing seems to be helping.

What products natural & homeade or store bought are you using to maintain smooth skin or at least improve skin texture?

MY SUGGESTION: GO SEE A DERMATOLOGIST B4 YOU START TO PLAY WITH MORE PRODUCTS ON YOUR FACE. NOT THAT YOU GETTING OLDER, YOUR SKIN IN THINNING OUT AND EXPERMINATION COULD CAUSE FURTHER TEXTURE CHANES, OR OTHER FACIAL DAMAGE.

SOME SEEN, SOME UNSEEN. ALOT OF DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS  TEND TO INCLUDE HARSHER CHEMICALS TO PRESERVE THEIR SHELF LIFE AND TO BE AFFORDABLE.

LET YOUR DERM, RECOMMEND THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION. IF YOU CANNOT GET TO A DERM, AL LEAST CONSULT AN ESTEHCIAN.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic