Topic ClosedImmunization reaction

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
PurpleMoonShine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immunization reaction
    Posted: May 30 2011 at 12:23am
My daughter is now two years old and reacts badly whenever she gets immunized.  When she was still an infant, about 2-3 mos old, she broke out with quarter sized raw spots on her back after being immunized.  This went on until she was 6 mos old.  I was told by the doctor that she had eczema, and that was why she had the raw dry circles on her back.  However, her "eczema" only acts up after she is immunized.  She no longer gets the raw spots, but her skin peels at the injection site, she spikes a fever for a day, then breaks out in tiny red bumps all over her body.  It slowly spreads from the injection site, down her leg, then to the other leg, then her back, chest, face, and arms. 

I know it's important for her to get immunized, I just want to know why she reacts so badly to the immunizations.  Is there an immunization alternative, one that won't break her out? It is only recently that a doctor even admitted that she was allergic to them immunizations.  But what do I do?  Continue heaping an allergen into her system and hope for the best? I really don't want to risk her getting sick.  But an allergic reaction is a red flag saying "hey don't bring that in here!"  Right?  I'm not allergic to anything that I know of and am really unsure what to do.  Any suggestions? 
Sponsored Links

dashi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 9:44am
I really don't know what you can do, may be the doctor can try another brand. Vaccination is a controversial subject and I have decided to get my child vaccinated only against lethal viruses and bacterias.
LadiMystic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 9:17pm
Is she allergic to eggs? I learned in class that they usually ask if a patient is allergic to eggs or birds because some of these vaccines are made with some by product from them. 
LadiMystic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 9:18pm
And most of the time if they are allergic to a vaccine and they don't have an alternative, they just don't give it to the child. They try again later in life to see if the body can better handle it then when they were younger.
sasha299 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2011 at 6:42pm
It could be the egg allergies - DS also has them also. We get his immunizations in his allergist's office (experience and a bad reaction). Also, even though it means more injections he only gets 2 each time - no more. We totally delay them and he only gets the musts and not the might as wells.

InfamousEmpress View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 11:56pm

Sadly this is classic case of a mild reaction to the shots. It can be taken in one of two ways. You can decide to (as mentioned) only give the bare minimum. Or you can discontinue the shot all together. Its a personal choice, but research whatever you decide. I worked in a personal care home with people who were crippled by these same shots. Mild reactions came become severe someones with no indication. One case made national news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5pj_TWJ6o
Things like this happen alot around the country for different reasons but i would take a clue from you daughter and stop before anything bad happens. Wish You The Best!
andrewzones View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 2:44am
hhfhfhgfh
pinkgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 12:50am
For my daughter, the doctor told us what to avoid when the child is vaccinated. So no problem for us. I think the its the reaction foods or something. 
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic