Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIm thinking about trying Exqusite Locks..help?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
beautyxkills View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im thinking about trying Exqusite Locks..help?
    Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 12:14am
reviews anyone? I usually use extensions plus but im thinking about trying something new what do you think? which is better?
Sponsored Links

Miss Texas Made View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 2:03am
I just had my hair installed with their hair and I love the texture.I purchased the Virgin Indian Wavy. I also really love its natural state. I did 8 oz of  18 inch and 4 oz of 22 inch and I layered it. I use Moroccan Oil on the hair every other day and wash it weekly. I have found that the best products to use on it are the Soft Sheen Carson Shampoo and Conditioner for Weaves or the KeraCare Shampoo and Conditioner. Anything else will leave it dry. I also find that when I use my clipless curling iron it held waves very well for several days but actual curls 1-2 days only.  I only use infusium 23 and Moroccan Oil on the actual hair and Chi iron Guard as the heat protector.

The staff promised me getting my hair on time and it came on the days the specified.

I do find the hair does get tangles at time and every night detangling is a must!
complexsimplicity View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 10:30am
I've been torn about them too. A couple of my friends from college order from them and love their hair.  Also Toya Carter gets her hair from them and it always looks great.  Im torn between them and wagman. Decisions Decisions.
a.nicoleox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 11:31am
Bump!
I'd like to know more too - I read Sheneka Adams uses Exquisite Locks, but I'm wondering how good they actually are and I know you ladies bring the truth!
Lala121480 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 12:15pm
Mybe you should also post this in the Weaves section so you can get some more replies.  Just a suggestion.
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 12:57pm
Are you talking about this website? http://exquisitelocks.com/products.html

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 7:23pm
yea im talking about them, & thanks for the suggestion
Miss Texas Made View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 9:51pm
Ok, So I have the exquisite locks hair installed now. I have in it in Since February 18th.
Pros: 
1.I really like how it blends with my hair. Literally 100% of people think its my hair which is great! I purchased the INDIAN WAVY.

2. The natural texture of the hair is amazing and has a great curl pattern, making the hair very versitale.

3. Blow Dries Very easy and has a natural "bump" to the ends.

4. When I curl the hair with my various "curling wands", curls stay 1-2 days and then turn into beautiful waves.

5. As of now, the hair barely sheds.

6. Good Customer Service and answered all my questions.

Cons:
1. Hair gets slightly tangly at base.  So Every night before bed I throughly detangle it.

2. I felt like the hair sometimes gets dry, but this could be a result of the shampoo I used, which was Paul Mitchell Tea Tree. When I shampoo with Kenra, KeraCare, or Soft Sheen Carson Weave Line, I dont have these problems. So this could vary well be my fault. Im washing it tomorrow and will keep you guys posted.

Regime:

1. The  night before I wet the hair and put on Mixed chicks Conditioner or the Moroccan Oil Deep Conditioner (or sometimes both). Then I wash it out in the morning.

2. Then I  shampp with Kenra, KeraCare Dry/itchy, or The Soft Sheen Carson Weave Line.

3. Condition with Cantu, Keracare or SoftSheen Weave Line.

4. I put Redkin Anti-snap on my real hair and then Moroccan Oil and Jane Carter Leave in or KeraCare leave in or everything. Then I either wear it natural or blow dry straight.

Customer Service:
I want to be very honest about this. I called them on a Monday, mid day and told them I needed the hair for my install on Friday. Also, It had to arrive Thursday because I was getting the install in a neighboring city. They were very nice and helpful but the order did take a while (meaning I was on the phone for quite a bit of Time). I was very nervous about sending the hair "regular shipping" and for it to arrive on time. She ensured to me over and over again it would. At that time I had only ordered 8 oz of hair. On Early Wed. morning, i spoke to my stylist and realized that I needed to order another bundle to achieve a fuller looking install, so I called Exquisite Locks back. This was approx mid day.The informed me that my hair has just arrived from their factory (which upset me that they hadnt called to tell me that) and that they would add this newly purchased 4 oz to my bundle and would ship it overnight for no additional charge (they said they were going to overnight the hair to me regardless of even if I had ordered the additional 4oz but I still felt they still should have called me and informed me). They arrived did infact arrive the next day, mid day, and arrived a day early for my install.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 7:30pm
thanks for the review!!! you helped my alot..i think ill try it out!!
Excel07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2011 at 2:37am
 @ Complex...How do you know for sure Toya Carter gets her hair from there...Still on quest to find the  hair she uses. Haha
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic