Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

QuestionOk guys, so answer me this:

let's say one day I am absent-minded or my dog pulls too hard or I simply slam my door, and he opens his door and starts with his bullsh*t, but let's say I ignore him as many posters suggest and he again calls me a b!tch. Then what?

If he does anything threatening, like name calling or getting in your personal space or even just raising his voice above a whisper, take out your phone and start recording. Don't say anything but "I'm recording you because I feel threatened". He'll likely stop immediately but either way you have a record of him even interacting with you.

Anything he needs to say to you can and should be addressed to the landlords. Otherwise, I would pretend he doesn't exist.
Sponsored Links

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:12pm
Nvr mind

Edited by sbrownie84 - Jun 28 2014 at 7:15pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Op u could always charge him with harssment. Google gave me this

You would need to inform the person to stop the behavior and have no further contact - this should be done by a written letter certified mail with a return receipt requested to show that demand to stop was made and delivered

If contact happens beyond this time it qualifies as harassment

The police said I can file a restraining order but I have to go to court, and since it only happened once, I am not going to bother with it yet.
I am going to ignore him and let him be, if he keeps pushing me, then eventually I will warn him verbally that I will file a restraining order, then I will do so in writing as you suggested and finally I will go to court.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:19pm
You would have a better chance of getting the retraining order if you can show the time line and that you tried to handle it outside of court.

Or at the very least get it in writing that you notified the landlord that way it wont seem like a frivolous claim made by a bitter neighbor.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

Who gives a why she slammed the door? She's grown and pays her bills so yes, occassionally a door may be slammed. He had no right to go off on her like that. Unless it's excessive and constant he should have just sat his ass in his house and dealt with it. One of the drawbacks of living in an apt instead of being a homeowner is that you have to deal with the idiosyncrasies of other tenants. If Vladimir dont like it then go live in a trailer park or try to buy a home with his fked up credit havin ass.

OP why do you live in an area where you're the only black? I cant imagine that...They dont want you there at all and probably do talk about you.  I know one thing, you need to look up your weapons laws in your state and get armed because I couldnt feel safe laying my head where people are so openly hostile to me b/c of the color of my skin.  That man was looking for an excuse to physically attack you. If you had been less passive (not criticizing how you handled it), he would have used that as justification to hurt you physically then probably called the cops on YOU

Please do me a favor and document this situation and call the landlord. But dont stop there b/c the landlord probably racist too. Tape record your conversation with the landlord and I wouldnt be mad if you took it far enough to call the police and say you felt threatened by his behavior towards you. He was verbally aggressive, in your personal space and threatened you.

Girl you better than me because my inner Boomquisha would have erupted. If he thought I was gangsta before he would have had no doubt in his mind b/c I would have bucked the f up on him and been ready for whatever..I cant let nobody talk to me like that, especially a racist ass and just get away with it.

Ignore these folks acting like you supposed to be some boot licking passive aunt jemima. sh*t Jim Crow days are over with, you dont have to be subservient to him

Never thought about it but I have seen only 3 blacks who have lived here for years... besides them the last ones were 3 blacks girls who rented a house but moved out a year later.
I already e-mailed the landlord about the issue and I let them know I spoke to the police. The landlords are Jewish Israelis, never had a problem with them, and once I was a whole month late on my rent (I was broke and in debt) and they did not even send me a note telling me I had 3 days to pay.

I wanted to cuss him and tell him to fvck off but I knew that was what he wanted, so I did not give him that.

and LMAO at your aunt Jemina commentLOL
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:24pm
Oh and don't apologize for sh*t. I know how these white people are out here and I have a strong policy of not apologizing to white strangers just because they want me to. They have some bad habits regarding ownership and how they feel like they own everything whether it's the aisle in the grocery store or the sidewalk or the air around them.
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:26pm
YT stays trying it with people. My girlfriend is the only black person in her condo development and they don't like her. This white woman sent her brolick fireman hubby to knock on my friends door to tell her to stop her son from bouncing the ball. He knocked on the door didn't even start the convo with " Good Afternoon or Hello can you, he started with " Can you do something with your kid. . So words were exchanged, the door was slammed and a couple of F-U's were delivered and now my friend takes her sons ball and bounces it on purpose just for spite
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I would not have engaged or typed that much.

insensitive black folks
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:48pm
I would buried that Brotha late at night in all black and in white face and him thinking it was a white lol.

Edited by iliveforbhm - Jun 28 2014 at 7:48pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:54pm
how old is he? 
is he gay? 

oh and i agree with others.. you handled it well but next time dont engage/entertain him. hes not your dad and if theres a problem the only person who can police you about your door is the landlord and have him/her speak to you about it. 
i kinda want you to tell him that you feel threatened and like he seems like the gangster telling you to, 'be careful' and calling you a bitch.. but it would probably be best to not say anything next time. 

Edited by coconess - Jun 28 2014 at 7:56pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style