Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

why did you slam your door though?

Who cares?  it was daytime and doors slam themselves sometimes because of wind or hinges may be messed up.  Unless she does it everyday it really is irrelevant.  He just used that because he doesn't like black people and probably hates when OP has a black boyfriend or friends come by.

I cared to know more details, that's why I asked. Why are you mad?Confused If you're slamming doors for no reason then don't get mad when neighbors start coming after you *shrug*

I'm "mad" because it's very clear from the story that the guy did not care about the door or the dog.  Did you skip the "look at you" portion of the exchange??? Questioning the most insignificant part while skipping the blatant racism.

Just stop.
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:24pm

Who cares?  it was daytime and doors slam themselves sometimes because of wind or hinges may be messed up.  Unless she does it everyday it really is irrelevant.  He just used that because he doesn't like black people and probably hates when OP has a black boyfriend or friends come by.

I cared to know more details, that's why I asked. Why are you mad?Confused If you're slamming doors for no reason then don't get mad when neighbors start coming after you *shrug*

I'm "mad" because it's very clear from the story that the guy did not care about the door or the dog.  Did you skip the "look at you" portion of the exchange??? Questioning the most insignificant part while skipping the blatant racism.

Exactly. His problem is not the dog. I work from home, it is impossible my dog is barking all day when I am here and I don't like the barking myself. The door slamming may have been upsetting but thing is, he went far by not only accusing me of doing it all the time, but also by telling me I have a bitchy attitude.
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:25pm
His remarks were just plain disrespectful and threatening (e.g. "Be careful").

You said he greets you here and there. He seems like the sort of person who appears to be nice in your face but talks about you behind your back; though this time he showed you his true colours. I would've said you shouldn't have given him the time of day, but your conversation w/ him gave you a glimpse of the sort of person he is. Next time, it is best to just walk away 'cuz some pple're just cray. Good thing you notified the police. Speak to the landlord too, if you haven't.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

honestly I would have given him one of these
and KIM

like how dare you even talk to me? shut it down right there...

I like the way you think. Will do so next time.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:30pm
For all it's worth, I don't think you handled that wrong. Next time, ignore his ass. You can even tell him you do not wish to engage with him and to take whatever complaint he has elsewhere.

And yes, he was threatening when he said Be careful. So make sure to mention that to the landlord. For all we know, he might think he's George Zimmerman

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 28 2014 at 5:32pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I had to run because my dog was outside by himself.
he could have been attacked by another dog or kidnappedCry

Unfortunately one of the downsides of living in apartments is dealing with neighbors. Like the other poster said, just try to be pleasant. Don't feed into any of the negativity by responding because clearly he has no problem with stepping to women. 

FVCK that! I am not going to try to be pleasant after what this guy did. That just feeds the stereotype that blacks are docile to whites. That is what he thought it would happen. That is why he said "i can see you are not going to apologize" fvck him. I have never in my life had such a problem, I have never been calling gangster type, and he also pissed me off for talking about my dog, no one talks about my dog.

And yes, it is obvious he was being mr. tough guy because i am a single woman living alone. I bet if I had a man there he wouldn't have an issue.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:32pm

Just stop.

Did I personally attack you?  She said she doesn't slam the door all the time, it happened that day.  Have you never slammed a door?  Anyway, kiss my ass and bye.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:33pm
Do NOT be pleasant or apologize under any circumstance. Just be dismissive of him. When he says something to you, look him up and down and walk away.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

For all it's worth, I don't think you handled that wrong. Next time, ignore his ass. You can even tell him you do not wish to engage with him and to take whatever complaint he has elsewhere.

And yes, he was threatening when he said Be careful. So make sure to mention that to the landlord. For all we know, he might think he's George Zimmerman

My friend suggested that I should not entertain him so that way I can file a restraining order if he continues to bug me.
I am going to get pepper spray because if he felt strong enough to cuss me, he may do more.
The police told me that if someone vandalizes my car anytime soon, that I could report him as the main suspect, but they wouldn't arrest him, just question him.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jun 28 2014 at 5:34pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:36pm
He must was having a bad morning...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style