Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:10pm
I have to ask, why did you slam the door? Also, I doubt  the building groups together and talks about you. If they do, then why is it that HE knows about what everyone thinks unless he's the damn ring leader. If there is NOTHING you did any of them, then their conversation wouldn't be long at all. If there is infact gossip about you then perhaps you can assess if there are any behaviors you can be exuding that can be rubbing neighbors the wrong way.

I have to say, you standing there arguing with him (regardless of you not cursing and head rolling) did feed the "ghetto" stereotype in HIS mind. I know..I know...but we can't fight city hall. We can simply walk past someone while we're busy and not say "hi" then suddenly it's "Tammy has such a bad attitude all the time. She's always pissed" Ermm. ANYWAYS, if this is the first you've noticed a neighbor having a complaint and haven't had any other issues with anyone else I would just brush it off, be mindful of my actions, and keep living my life.

Edited by StylingArabella - Jun 28 2014 at 5:13pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

why did you slam your door though?

Who cares?  it was daytime and doors slam themselves sometimes because of wind or hinges may be messed up.  Unless she does it everyday it really is irrelevant.  He just used that because he doesn't like black people and probably hates when OP has a black boyfriend or friends come by.

I cared to know more details, that's why I asked. Why are you mad?Confused If you're slamming doors for no reason then don't get mad when neighbors start coming after you *shrug*

I'm "mad" because it's very clear from the story that the guy did not care about the door or the dog.  Did you skip the "look at you" portion of the exchange??? Questioning the most insignificant part while skipping the blatant racism.
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I had to run because my dog was outside by himself.
he could have been attacked by another dog or kidnappedCry

Thanks for clearing that up.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:14pm

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

that guy is a racist asshole.  How many units are in your building?  It seems odd that everyone hates you when they don't know anything about you.  It must be a very small complex to attract all like minded racists.  

All of the neighbors I exchanged pleasantries and drink nights with have moved but I don't get how apt complex ppl can hate one another aside from noise, there's really not any contact since we all come and go at different times.  You've been there for years, don't let them run you off, who gives a sh*t about neighbors?  

Nine units. The white woman and mexican guy have been living here before me. The people currently in the building have all been living here for at least 2 years. Me and the white woman NEVER got along. We hate each other's guts. She introduced herself to every single person who moved in this building but me - I have watched it her doing so all the 5 years I lived here.

I only say hello to people, I honestly really don't care about neighbors, never did in my whole life.
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Unfortunately one of the downsides of living in apartments is dealing with neighbors. Like the other poster said, just try to be pleasant. Don't feed into any of the negativity by responding because clearly he has no problem with stepping to women. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

You need to arm yourself ASAP.

Either a metal bat, gun, pit bull, tatted nucca named Tyrone...something.

In all seriousness, in situations like this you need to be as wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. He wants you to get carnal so that they can have a reason to get you out of there. 

THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT!

he was trying to get a negative reaction from me. He probably expected me to cuss him or threaten him.

And every one saying I should have not interacted much are right, I should have walked away.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I would not have engaged or typed that much.

Edited by ModelessDiva - Jun 28 2014 at 5:19pm
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:20pm
honestly I would have given him one of these
and KIM

like how dare you even talk to me? shut it down right there...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

I have to ask, why did you slam the door? Also, I doubt  the building groups together and talks about you. If they do, then why is it that HE knows about what everyone thinks unless he's the damn ring leader. If there is NOTHING you did any of them, then their conversation wouldn't be long at all. If there is infact gossip about you then perhaps you can assess if there are any behaviors you can be exuding that can be rubbing neighbors the wrong way.

I have to say, you standing there arguing with him (regardless of you not cursing and head rolling) did feed the "ghetto" stereotype in HIS mind. I know..I know...but we can't fight city hall. We can simply walk past someone while we're busy and not say "hi" then suddenly it's "Tammy has such a bad attitude all the time. She's always pissed" Ermm. ANYWAYS, if this is the first you've noticed a neighbor having a complaint and haven't had any other issues with anyone else I would just brush it off, be mindful of my actions, and keep living my life.

The ringleader is actually the white woman and the mexican. They throw bbq and what not and has never invited me, but everyone else except the fat old Cuban woman were there. I have heard they saying negative things about neighbors who moved out (2 gay black guys as a matter of fact, but those guys had a serious fight one time where they broke the window and everyone had a reason to be scared thought).

I think they talk about me on those events.

I think he just wanted to attack me, because even though I was arguing with him I never cussed or threatened him.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic