Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm the only black in my building and I'm disliked
    Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 4:46pm
My next door neighbor is a Romanian white dude. He actually greets me here and there, we never really bump into each other. The other neighbors are white, except for a Cuban fat old lady, a Puerto Rican whose skin color is way lighter than me, and a Mexican super white guy who acts white and does not speak any Spanish.

Well, today I slammed my door at 10am. He opens his door angry and tells me to not do so. I was annoyed that he cared and told him it was not past 10pm. He told me I do it all the time, I told him it was untrue, and then he says "why do you have a bitchy attitude?". I was like do you know that is offensive? I did not cuss back. He then went off to say "well, would you like me to record you being loud?" and I said yes, if you have that much time in your hands do so.

I started walking away because I wanted to walk my dog that was already outside the apartment complex and he kept going about me not being a respectful neighbor. So we kept arguing and then he said "Everyone in the building thinks you are a b!tch". I told him I couldn't care less what anyone thinks, there are 7 billion people in the world, and then he interrupted me and said "Why don't you go talk like that with your gang friends?" I was like what, and he said "Just look at you". I was wearing sweatpants and a racer back top, I mean, how the fvck is that gangster. And then I called him a racist, he was like "I am a racist?" and I said "you just stereotyped me" and he goes "Just look at you" AGAIN. I think he meant to say I am ghetto, but he chose another word.

I told him other people in the building are loud and I don't hear him having a problem with them, and he said he actually did talk to those people so I said "then why didn't you just knock at my door and speak to me" and he said that he was trying to be really nice and that I aggravated him slamming my door today. I told him that name calling was unnecessary and he said it was because of my attitude and that I had issues. I told him to call the landlord then and he said he will and then he said my dog barks all the time. My dog had just come inside the building and he actually looked at my dog, probably HOPING it would bark so he could say it does all the time, but my dog was actually just waiting for me. I told him that is impossible, I have been living there for years and never heard a complaint and then he went off to say my dog does bark all the time  and he just never complained about it, so I was like, do it, call the landlord, you have the right to do so.

So he went off again about something, I told him everything was a lie, and then he said "well, I can see you are not going to apologize" and I was like "no, especially after you cussed me and made accusations". I walk away and told him to call the landlord and record me and he was like "be careful."

I went to the police and they told me that the landlord will not evict me due to dog barking or door slamming, even with him recording, and yes, it is legal in CA to record someone's noise, but they told me to let the landlord know he harassed me and I sent them an e-mail.

Now BHM what would you guys do in my situation?
I am really pissed that I was sterotyped. I did not know my neighbors were watching how I dress and making derogatory comments. I knew people disliked me because there is a couple who lives in my building (white woman, white mexican man) who really dislike me, and I noticed that when they befriend a neighbor (which is EVERYONE but me), the person automatically starts looking at me weird.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jun 28 2014 at 4:47pm
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 4:52pm
i wouldn't have stood there and engaged with him AT ALL.   Looked right through him and took my dog outside. 

Good thing you filed the report and you should contact your landlord.

If you could find better, I would just move.   We do need pioneers to fight racism wherever it festers but we have to pick your battles

leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 4:56pm
why did you slam your door though?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:02pm
that guy is a racist asshole.  How many units are in your building?  It seems odd that everyone hates you when they don't know anything about you.  It must be a very small complex to attract all like minded racists.  

All of the neighbors I exchanged pleasantries and drink nights with have moved but I don't get how apt complex ppl can hate one another aside from noise, there's really not any contact since we all come and go at different times.  You've been there for years, don't let them run you off, who gives a sh*t about neighbors?  

Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:02pm
^Ermm

eta: that wasnt to you, wonder

Edited by Up&Out39 - Jun 28 2014 at 5:03pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Who cares?  it was daytime and doors slam themselves sometimes because of wind or hinges may be messed up.  Unless she does it everyday it really is irrelevant.  He just used that because he doesn't like black people and probably hates when OP has a black boyfriend or friends come by.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:05pm
You need to arm yourself ASAP.

Either a metal bat, gun, pit bull, tatted nucca named Tyrone...something.

In all seriousness, in situations like this you need to be as wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. He wants you to get carnal so that they can have a reason to get you out of there. 
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Who cares?  it was daytime and doors slam themselves sometimes because of wind or hinges may be messed up.  Unless she does it everyday it really is irrelevant.  He just used that because he doesn't like black people and probably hates when OP has a black boyfriend or friends come by.

I cared to know more details, that's why I asked. Why are you mad?Confused If you're slamming doors for no reason then don't get mad when neighbors start coming after you *shrug*

Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:09pm
This. Watch is ass and be careful.

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

You need to arm yourself ASAP.

Either a metal bat, gun, pit bull, tatted nucca named Tyrone...something.

In all seriousness, in situations like this you need to be as wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. He wants you to get carnal so that they can have a reason to get you out of there. 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:10pm
I would not have engaged or typed that much.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic