Topic ClosedIm soo discouraged with Daughters hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
dashi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 5:42pm

It does sound like you are doing everything right to me too, but you must realise that hair has a resting phase, and may be she'll get her growth spurt soon. As long as the hair is not breaking and it stays moisturised then growth will come when it's time just have faith and consistency.

Sponsored Links

Cook View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 1:45pm
Yes! Stop the worry! Sounds like you're doing more than enough and kids do have growth spurts to the point where you should be enjoying it... consider that you're not having to trim her hair too often. ;)
Divamama0609 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 1:52pm
Thanks ladies...i'm feel better about the situation. I know I'm doing my best so I'm just taking it easy and letting her hair do it's own thing
jazzyj1989 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2010 at 10:39am

You may want to try a simpler regimen. U should make sure that her shampoo is sulfate-free. I use Kids Organic Shea Butter Moist Shampoo on my DD. I deep condition with Palmer's Olive Oil Deep Conditioner. It does not have any mineral oil or petroleum, which are both drying to natural hair.  As a moisturizer I make a homemade whipped shea and seal with coconut oil.  

Here's the video of how to make the whipped shea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCrMbIKIXu4 
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2010 at 3:20am

Are the braids too tight? And maybe try not using heat at all, letting her hair air dry and not flat iron or hot comb (if your using them) for a few mths and see if that helps. Everything else sounds fine and Im sure it will grow in time.

Night_jasmine View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 11:21am
Children's hair is different.  Sometimes it takes a while for it to get into growing a lot.  Don't stress it.  It will grow but try washing your daughter's hair twice a week.  Washing hair does stimulate hair growth and don't use petroleum based products.
UniQueMe2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 6:04pm
Great blog with tips for styling Children's Hair

http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2010 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Divamama0609 Divamama0609 wrote:

When I first sound this board in December I decided to take car of my 3y/o to make it healthy so it will grow...well fast forward 5 months I have done everything suggested and I swear her hair is not growing...atleast not fast enough...I do not see any real growth since September. When I see other people girls who are about her age with lotsa hair I can't help but feel sad and bad...I'm getting teary eyed as I type this. I think why can't my little girl have hair like ....I just want her to have more lenght. Her Dad and his family have type 3a hair with a lot of hair and I have decent hair  so i don't know what the problem is. here is her Regi

i have 2 daughters, 4 and 5. to be honest, their hair really doesn't grow much either, no matter how much i take care of it. i did notice that when i put box braids in my oldest dauther's hair for like 4 months, she had lots of new growth. about an inch. i did this last year at the beginning of school.

now i am doing the same thing. but without the box braids(using kankelon hair) i really don't see any growth with either of them.

i braid both of their hair btw, but i use fake hair on the oldest one.
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2010 at 1:52am

[/QUOTE]
i have 2 daughters, 4 and 5. to be honest, their hair really doesn't grow much either, no matter how much i take care of it. i did notice that when i put box braids in my oldest dauther's hair for like 4 months, she had lots of new growth. about an inch. i did this last year at the beginning of school.

now i am doing the same thing. i want to see if i get the same growth like last year

i braid both of their hair btw. i braid the youngest one's hair in a ponytail with her real hair, and i use kankelon for the oldest, doing single braids.

^^^CORRECTION^^^
[/QUOTE]
Kenudle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 7:45pm
Do not stress. It will happen
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic