Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I'm scared of growing old

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm scared of growing old
    Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 3:33am
A friend of mine is taking a certified nursing assistant course. I was going through her text book and its all basically about taking care of old people......like how to feed, bath, cloth them etc....

Man......old age sucks....I don't mind being/looking old......but if I cant take care of myself and found myself at the mercy of paid strangers I would just rather the good lord "take me home"...... I would rather have quality of life than quantity of life.....

Edited by bindy - Sep 20 2013 at 3:33am
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 4:19am
that's something I've thought about too

...nobody wants to be totally powerless
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 4:35am
That's why you have to take great care of your body now. Unhealthy lifestyle will catch up with you in the end.
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 6:21am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

That's why you have to take great care of your body now. Unhealthy lifestyle will catch up with you in the end.

Yup. My dad has high blood pressure and diabetes and hasn't been to the hospital once because of it. My mom on the other hand has high blood pressure and has been to the hospital at least 6 times. She doesn't take care of herself and it shows. Now she's going on walks and what not, but in the past there was no such thing as exercise.
TheAwakenGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAwakenGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 6:39am
Control your telomeres young lady, my telomeres are no bio degradable, I cannot degrade. I'm immortal, your young god. Call me zeus, call me heysus, I been around the globe now called the modern messiah, all you folks too bias for me to wise you up, now listen, the distance to become like me is to throw everything away, never land on europe, never go to neverland, but get every ounce of this universe inside you.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 6:48am
i have a fear of becoming old and senile and unable to live independently. My granny lived to be 93 and was always in her right mind until colon cancer entered the picture at 91. And honestly I think she died because she was just tired and ready to go and not because cancer won the battle.  She always took good care of herself all her life. She never smoked or drank and according to her the most important thing was that she always honored and respected her parents. I miss her so much.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 7:10am
Well, healthly lifestyle or not - we will all age  - if we are lucky! If we are not so lucky .. we will die young!

Sometimes people get Alzheimer's , Arthritis and Osteoarthritis, heart problems, Cancer etc and there is very little you can do to avoid this.

I am 58 (I don't look it) and I dance regularly and bike  etc .. but I have Osteoarthritis, in both big toes. You know why? Because of so many years wearing high heeled shoes.

I used to dance my heart out in 2- 3 inch shoes and thought nothing of it. Well, now the foot doctors tells me that high heels are terrible for your feet. Terrible. In fact .. he has gone through this long thing about what kind of shoes you should be wear etc.  So when I see the popular 6 inch heels today .. truely .. I just cringe at the damage they do to your feet.Ouch

So I had to have surgery on my right big toe where they put a metal bar in there. NO MORE PAIN ..., but I can't wear high heels ... ever. Well, I can .. I am just not supposed too. The left big toe is next .. and I have osteo .. in my knee too! Good grief! hee hee!

Fine though . I have found lots of cute low shoes that work

Even my Physical Therapist has Osteoarthritis  - my point is there is nothing you can do to stop this ravage of time - though EVERYONE will not have this problem as they age.

So yes, I am getting old - but I don't believe I will get to the point where I can't wipe my own a** ... but it is possible. If so .. I will just have to deal with the indignity of it because I won't ... 'go gently into that good light'. Wink

I think all you can do is .. all you can do. Drink plenty of water, sleep 8 hours a night, try to eat well (very little processed food), have a colonscopy evey 10 years, have a mamagram every 2 years, have a pelvic every years, floss your teeth RELIGIOUSLY (this is really important) to keep an gum disease at bay, lose weight (though oddly as you age your metabolism slows down so you naturally gain weight and then menapause also helps you get thick in the middle) Hee hee!

So, my cure is to do all I can do - keep dancing, have good sex and keep laughing .. because once you stop laughing and having fun .... YOU WILL AGE!

I have some friends that are 35 and already they are so embittered and hard .. that they are old as heck!

Edited by Printer_Ink - Sep 20 2013 at 9:40am
Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 7:23am
I felt the same way after I read my cna book
printer thank u for being so honest

TheAwakenGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAwakenGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 7:23am
Become immortal OP.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 8:01am
I agree with the poster who said to take care of your body now. Even if you have to take baby steps, it's worth it in the end.

I hate when ppl make excuses for poor health choices. Like, skinny/average weight ppl who think it's okay to eat McDonalds everyday. Like, even if you're not gaining weight, that food is poison.

Or, people who smoke..."my aunts been smoking for 30 years and she doesn't have cancer".

I'm thinking, okay...she doesn't have cancer...but her gums, lips, and teeth are black and yellow, she sounds like Barry White, her skin around her mouth is wrinkly. Like, no one wants that. 30 years of smoking takes a toll on the body.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic