Do you remember the exact moment when you told your husband (or boyfriend or whoever) that you were pregnant? What am I saying? Of course you do.
I'm sure his reaction is permanently stuck in your brain, regardless of whether he was elated, annoyed, or totally scared to death.
But no matter what emotion he expressed to you after hearing the news that you had a bun in the oven -- you gotta wonder what, exactly, must have been going through his brain right afterward.
If I had to guess, I'd say there are around nine phases a man goes through after hearing that he is going to become a father.
1. At first, he doesn't quite process what you just said. "Wait ... what? What did you just say? What's happening?"
2. Then you say it again and it sinks in. And he freaks.
3. Then he pats himself on the back. "Oh yeah. My boys can SWIM, baby!"
4. And then for a brief second, he panics. "Hold up -- it's mine, right?"
5. But then in the next breath he's all, "Of COURSE it's mine. DUH. She adores me."
6. Then the light bulb REALLY goes off. "OMG. I'm going to be a dad?!?"
7. The panic comes back. He's all, "Am I ready for this? Can I handle this sh*t?"
8. He takes a step back and thinks to himself, "I CAN do this. Time to step up to the plate. Bring it."
9. And that's when the emotion really hits him and he can't hold it in any longer. "OMG. I'm going to be a DAD. It really doesn't get any better than this."
How did your man react when you broke the news?