Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Im Officially Finished With Weaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ILOVEBEYONCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im Officially Finished With Weaves
    Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 5:06pm
This is going to be a long post/ vent

I decided to wash all of the hair in my stash today. Deep condition it and really prepare it for future installs. Some time ago I purchased some hair from a member on BHM and at the time I really needed it because of my birthday, while it wasn't exactly what I wanted, I had to settle for it due to the time crunch. Upon receiving the hair I wasnt too thrilled. The wefting seemed strong and the hair was as described by the seller. I usually never question senior members who claim to have private vendors because I figure they are knowledgeable enough to have done research and test these vendors since they are labeling them their "PV". 

Long story short, I was never really crazy about the hair to begin with and it only got worst as the hair tangled and shedded a tad much. I never mentioned it the seller because I didnt really want to go into it being that I needed the hair for the install and I was already wearing it. Thats my personal thing. I didnt want a refund and I didnt want to contact the seller because I decided to chalk it up as a bad batch.  Im not asking for sorrow or for a resolution, Im not looking for my money to be refunded or a sorry. Im simply past it. 

However, I decided to wash the hair today and the shedding was ridiculous. I mean clumps. I not only question if the seller knew the hair was trash and sold it to me anyway (probably not) but how much money Ive wasted on weave hair. I at least couldve purchased from a CV and knew I was taking a risk, but when buying from a member whos claimed to have tested their product and is selling to you, I take that at face value. Maybe I shouldntve. This int the first time ive purchased from a BHM member whos sold me BS. Straight shyt. From VIP members to Juniors. It is what it is though. 

Long story short, Im not mad or hell bent, Im just done with weaves. Id rather spend my money taking care of my real hair than gambling on bhmers and vendors alike. I have no ill feelings towards anyone whose sold me bad hair, it is very likely that they may not have known ( i didn't out to tell them to even give them the chance to rectify the problem(s) even if they wanted), therefore Im not upset or bitter. Im simply bowing gracefully out of the weave game. I might sell my stash (wavys, yakis, kinky curlies) or put them on uparts to wear while im taking care of my real hair (probably the latter). 

Just wanted to share my recent revelation and experiences is all. 

Edited by ILOVEBEYONCE - Nov 28 2012 at 5:06pm
Sponsored Links

KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 5:33pm
I always found it strange for people to buy used hair from other members. But hey there are success stories too. Congrats girl. I don't wear weaves nearly as much anymore for somewhat of the same reason. I felt I was spending too much money on fake hair when I have a head full of my own. I have a pack of human hair clip ins that I use when I go out every now and then. (I am dying to get a sew in, hence why I logged on after a hiatus LOL)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 5:38pm
The sad part is the hair was brand new in the plastic thingies and all...I dont wear used hair (no shade) 

Ive lost over 1000 dollars on hair that I dont wear but had to throw out because it was horrible quality. I WOULD NEEEVVEEERRR spend 120 dollars on my own hair but I do on bundles of someone elses hair ? Thats crazy. 

Edited by ILOVEBEYONCE - Nov 28 2012 at 7:40pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 6:21pm
the image isn't showing. I would love to see the hair. 
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 6:31pm
This hair game will have you wanting leaving the weave game alone...disappointing hair and higher price.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 6:35pm
^yes ma'am it sure will. I remember back in the day, way back in the day..bss human hair would last a looooong time. Before Remi/Remy became the "it" hair. These companies are smart. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 6:53pm
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:02pm
wowzers that is alot of shedding
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:21pm
that it crazy shedding!!! how much did you spend on that hair??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

that it crazy shedding!!! how much did you spend on that hair??

Thats just from this wash alone..so imagine the hair from the install and the other routine washes...

And I believe 80-90 dollars. Smh.

Edited by ILOVEBEYONCE - Nov 28 2012 at 7:39pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures